ALT UI, ALT Sonos and openLuup

Hello all.

I started this weekend to switch over to openLuup, after my Vera flaked out and forgot all the associations on my slave switches. The backups were all borked up as well, so figured I’d move as much responsibility off the weak chip onto something more stable.

Anyway, I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around how to use my Sonos. Historically I have only used it with Vera for voice or short .mp3 sound clips - a sonar ping when the garage door opens, stuff like that.

I know ALTUI has TTS “built in” once you get the api key, and I’ve done that. I also installed ALTSonos, but that appears to be on my Vera. I can’t see either my two Sonos’ or the AltSonos plugin from the ALTUI interface.

So, the questions:

1. Is there a way to install files onto openLuup to have AltSonos run on my “non-vera” hardware?
  2. Or is there a way other people are using the TTS fuctionality of openLuup/ALTUI with their Sonos that I am unaware of? I didn’t see one from searching, but maybe I missed it. I’m ok with the command line so I don’t mind getting my hands dirty to make it work.

Thanks,

Bryan

[quote=“Cheddah, post:1, topic:200553”]Hello all.

I started this weekend to switch over to openLuup, after my Vera flaked out and forgot all the associations on my slave switches. The backups were all borked up as well, so figured I’d move as much responsibility off the weak chip onto something more stable.

Anyway, I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around how to use my Sonos. Historically I have only used it with Vera for voice or short .mp3 sound clips - a sonar ping when the garage door opens, stuff like that.

I know ALTUI has TTS “built in” once you get the api key, and I’ve done that. I also installed ALTSonos, but that appears to be on my Vera. I can’t see either my two Sonos’ or the AltSonos plugin from the ALTUI interface.

So, the questions:

1. Is there a way to install files onto openLuup to have AltSonos run on my “non-vera” hardware?
  2. Or is there a way other people are using the TTS fuctionality of openLuup/ALTUI with their Sonos that I am unaware of? I didn’t see one from searching, but maybe I missed it. I’m ok with the command line so I don’t mind getting my hands dirty to make it work.

Thanks,

Bryan[/quote]

not tested altsonos on openluup but it should work.
you can also install the altsonos on vera and , from open luup, make UPNP http action calls to the altsonos device on your vera but it is better to have altui and altsonos on the same machine

altsonos is complex to install this is why I am not putting in the stores as it will not be an easy install, did you install the google cloud part ?