Altsteon working on UI7

I figured this out. There must be something with the newer version of Ubuntu and the Altsteon code, or it’s an issue compiling and running everything under a user other than root. I ended up downloading the 12.04.5 32-bit server version of Ubuntu. I enabled the root account and ran everything under it. Then everything worked as intended.

[quote=“sship21, post:11, topic:186379”]Would it be possible to get binaries and/or instructions to build the daemon for a VeraEdge?

Thanks![/quote]

I found what I think is the binaries here but I’m not sure how to compile them. I don’t have an rPi nor a Linux VM. I’m using a VeraPlus with UI7, BTW.

[quote=“ibrewster, post:15, topic:186379”][quote=“BillC, post:14, topic:186379”]OK, thanks - that clears that up, but where is the best place for the best instructions and code?
I have found several places with old code with conflicting instructions and dead/outdated links

Bill[/quote]
As far as install instructions, I always just turn to the instructions included with the distribution in the “Vera Files” folder - the altsteon_instructions.txt file. They are (to my mind at least) well written, and fairly comprehensive. Of course, I’ve done the install several times, so generally I just have to look for a quick refresher, but I don’t recall any major problems following those instructions the first time.

As far as links/code, there are two places that I look. The first is Altsteon download | SourceForge.net, just click the green “download” button to get the code/binaries/directions. This gives the original “0.08” release, which is what I run. Then there is Altsteon 2.0 download | SourceForge.net, where the green download button just gets you the Vera Files directory, not the binaries. That’s fine, though, since for me at least all I used from that distribution was the FanLink files from that directory. Either download will get you the instructions.txt file.

If you do want to try just running altsteon2, you can get the binaries from that project by going over to the code tab of that second link, where you can also get source code for building the binaries yourself. Personally, I wouldn’t bother :-)[/quote]

Are better instructions on compiling this from source to use in the Vera available someplace for those not using Linux ?