ALTUI : Alternate App Store

If you edited the right thing, then this should be fine. Part of the InstalledPLugins2 structure?

When a plugin is updated, probably the plugin files get updated, but maybe not this "Icon" field?

There’s actually not an easy way to do it. The plugin files themselves do not define a ‘plugin’ icon uniquely. The only place that’s specified is in the metadata held in the AltAppStore database. Delete the plugin, reload from the store, and that all gets downloaded. But just update the plugin using the Update button on the Plugins page, and it doesn’t.

Yep, InstalledPlugins2. I guess I fixed it the easiest way considering the circumstances. Best to not make mistake on the icon location, eh?

Actually, did you not just try downloading the latest from the store again?

I did try a download - didn’t help. The device icon probably doesn’t change very often and the workaround is to uninstall and reinstall. Not that bad in most cases - although I admit I am exception since the plugin had acquired a fair bit of integration that I didn’t want to replicate. On the other hand I could have just lived with the old missing icon as well.

Ah, you’re right. If there is an existing installed plugin of that type, then it won’t update. You do indeed have to delete the lot to start again from fresh.

There were good reasons for this, but I’d have to go back to the code and review exactly why. However, it seems like you did take the best route. Somehow editing the user_data.json file for openLuup seems a LOT less scary than doing so for Vera!

I recently have been observing temporary freezes of Openluup or rather freezes of ALTUI with the web server not being accessible. It seems to initially respond but stops and I have to wait a few minutes for it to restart. I believe to have started seeing this after I published some apps. I once saw directly the freeze after clicking the ?publish? button on the Alt App Store. Now when I go and look at out.log, I regularly see 'Alternate App Store' requesting reload. I have not looked at other logs yet… This is with the latest version. I am wondering if ALTUI isn?t trying to load some info from the AltAppStore and freezes it waiting for some response.

Different query - the app store download counters don’t work for me. Well that’s because I thought the “comment counts” were download counts. I’ve only just realised a plugin can be commented on :o

Can I suggest that the hover tags for the star rating and comment count both say: “Rate this plugin”.

And would it be possible to display a count of the total downloads for each plugin. This gives feedback to the plugin writers and also provides a general feel for how well the store is doing business.

Likewise perhaps the “Alt” and “Vera” button could have a hover tag saying “Download from the Vera app store” and “Download from Alternate app store”. It’s not overly clear what these button do and/or which button should be used.

This looks like an AltAppStore plugin issue. I’ll need some more comprehensive openLuup logs to see what’s happening. It’s true that an illegal update to the store (which may not be caught by the Web UI on input) may cause the whole access to the store to hang.

[quote=“a-lurker, post:67, topic:192721”]Can I suggest that the hover tags for the star rating and comment count both say: “Rate this plugin”.
[…]
And would it be possible to display a count of the total downloads for each plugin.
[…]
Likewise perhaps the “Alt” and “Vera” button could have a hover tag saying “Download from the Vera app store” and “Download from Alternate app store”.[/quote]

+1 for all of these. Sadly, not my department, but perhaps @amg0 can help us here.

[quote=“akbooer, post:69, topic:192721”][quote=“a-lurker, post:67, topic:192721”]Can I suggest that the hover tags for the star rating and comment count both say: “Rate this plugin”.
[…]
And would it be possible to display a count of the total downloads for each plugin.
[…]
Likewise perhaps the “Alt” and “Vera” button could have a hover tag saying “Download from the Vera app store” and “Download from Alternate app store”.[/quote]

+1 for all of these. Sadly, not my department, but perhaps @amg0 can help us here.[/quote]

in next version except the count of the total downloads which requires a change from @vosmont in backend if I can get in contact with him

This looks like an AltAppStore plugin issue. I’ll need some more comprehensive openLuup logs to see what’s happening. It’s true that an illegal update to the store (which may not be caught by the Web UI on input) may cause the whole access to the store to hang.[/quote]

I think I found the problem and fixed it. It looks like for every app I publish, at each reload, the AltAppStore makes a call to ?GetNetworkState.sh? which does not exist by default on Ubuntu. I created the file and made it return my IP address and so far it seems to have taken care of it.

Interesting.

Since I wrote the AltAppStore plugin, I’m pretty sure that it’s not that which uses it.

FYI, you can (and may have) simply hardcode the IP address of your machine in your version of the file. The implementation I show in the User Guide appendix is this:

#! /usr/bin/env lua
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- discover main IP address of machine and write to standard output
-- http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/21105-found-undocumented-way-to-get-your-devices-ip-address-from-lua-socket/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
local socket = require "socket"
function myIP ()
  local mySocket = socket.udp ()
  mySocket:setpeername ("42.42.42.42", "424242")  -- arbitrary IP/PORT
  local ip = mySocket:getsockname ()
  mySocket: close()
  return ip or "127.0.0.1"
end
io.write (myIP())
--------

…which dynamically retrieves the IP address of from the socket library.

Would be interested in finding out which plugin actually is calling that shell script. Ideally, it should be updated to avoid the need.

My log shows that when I had 2 apps published, It called the file twice during reload. Now that I have 4 apps published, it calls it 4 times. I never had problems before publishing an app and after it fails the call, it goes on a reload call. I am pretty sure it is called by the identification to the Alt App Store for apps publication but I have not looked at the code…

And yes I used the dynamic implementation you suggested in user guide.

Ah, the plugin has nothing to do with publication, only downloading and updates.

Sounds like a job for @amg0!

Can I see such a log?

Can I see such a log?[/quote]

Pretty sure they got wiped but I can go back and reproduce the 4 failed calls followed by a reload call. They show up on the out.log

This is what the out.log output looks like now:

sh: 1: GetNetworkState.sh: not found
Alternate App Store’ requesting reload

When I only had two apps published it looked like this

Alternate App Store’ requesting reload

After the file was created, I never had any more problem.

Thanks for that. I’m perplexed. Will look again at the code.

Hi akbooer,

Can you remove some incorrectly configured plugins from the app store? I have added versions with the correct ID now.

• Smartmeter Reader with ID c9482f52-b777-4d98-a4cf-53bd677243eb
  • UPS Sensor with ID 7d014df7-00e6-4ff6-b39f-d2a04c54a872

Thx Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:79, topic:192721”]Can you remove some incorrectly configured plugins from the app store? I have added versions with the correct ID now.

• Smartmeter Reader with ID c9482f52-b777-4d98-a4cf-53bd677243eb
  • UPS Sensor with ID 7d014df7-00e6-4ff6-b39f-d2a04c54a872[/quote]

Done!

…where are these UIDL-style IDs coming from? Yours are not the only ones there.

Our convention has been that if the plugin is also in the MiOS store, then we use that numeric ID, else a short name related to the plugin itself.