1- before update, goto Misc / Options
2- click Save User Pages
3- on Vera, uninstall the device, the plugin, delete the files if possible
4- install v0.40 from the store , let the VERA unit reboot/reload
5- refresh cache browser
6- open ALTUI
7- goto More/Optimizations and click on “Restore From User Pages Cache”
8- click Save Pages

In my version, 596, the buttons for saving and restoring user pages is at Misc → Options via the menus. Had to hunt around for it a bit.

–David

[quote=“dklinkman, post:4, topic:188332”]In my version, 596, the buttons for saving and restoring user pages is at Misc → Options via the menus. Had to hunt around for it a bit.

–David[/quote]
Thx ! Updated the post.

By default ALTUI recognizes the language of your browser and displays itself in this language if the localization exists. Today only English, French and very partially Italian exists

a) you can force a different language by passing lang=xx where xx = fr or en or it on the url. example

http://192.168.1.16/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home&lang=fr

b) if people want to contribute to create the strings for another language, you can take J_ALTUI_loc_fr.js and rename it J_ALTUI_loc_xx.js where xx is the 2 letter code of the language following ISO code ( HTML ISO Language Code Reference ) and upload the file along the ALTUI files.

c) I can add it into the distribution if you want

d) ALTUI application itself tells you if it find a terms which is supposed to be localized in your localization file and is it. You can run ALTUI into as many screen/situation as you can, then go to MISC / OPTIONS / Localization and it will display the requested language on the url query, the language detected in the brower, and the terms which were supposed to be localized but are not.

browser query:ko userlanguage: language:fr
 Unknown terms:{"Home":"Home","Away":"Away","Night":"Night","Vacation":"Vacation","Variable":"Variable","Value":"Value","Close":"Close","Action":"Action","Parameters":"Parameters","Favorite":"Favorite","Question":"Question","Search":"Search","Option":"Option","History":"History","Refresh":"Refresh","Remove":"Remove","Load":"Load","Info":"Info","Image":"Image","Run Scene":"Run Scene","Edit":"Edit","Camera":"Camera","On Off":"On Off","Gauge":"Gauge","Rooms":"Rooms","Category":"Category","Label":"Label","Device Icon":"Device Icon","Scene":"Scene","Multi State":"Multi State","Devices":"Devices","Scenes":"Scenes","More":"More","Plugins":"Plugins","Triggers":"Triggers","Power Chart":"Power Chart","Parent/Child Network":"Parent/Child Network","zWave Network":"zWave Network","zWave Routes":"zWave Routes","Network Quality":"Network Quality","Panels":"Panels","Use Custom Pages":"Use Custom Pages","Edit Custom Pages":"Edit Custom Pages","Misc":"Misc","Remote Access Login":"Remote Access Login","Reload Luup Engine":"Reload Luup Engine","Reboot Vera":"Reboot Vera","Lua Startup Code":"Lua Startup Code","Lua Test Code":"Lua Test Code","OS Command":"OS Command","Options":"Options","Localization":"Localization","Debug":"Debug","Credits":"Credits","Evolutions":"Evolutions","Welcome to VERA Alternate UI":"Welcome to VERA Alternate UI","Messages":"Messages","Control Panel":"Control Panel","Scene Edit":"Scene Edit","Custom Pages":"Custom Pages","Edit Pages":"Edit Pages","LuaTest":"LuaTest","LuaStart":"LuaStart","Editor":"Editor","ZWave":"ZWave","Localize":"Localize","Power":"Power","Parent/Child":"Parent/Child","zWaveRoutes":"zWaveRoutes","Quality":"Quality","TblDevices":"TblDevices","OsCommand":"OsCommand","This plugin is a work in progress, it will continuously evolve over time.":"This plugin is a work in progress, it will continuously evolve over time.","You may check out the evolutions on the Micasaverde <a href='http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30310.msg216129.html#msg216129'>Forum</a>":"You may check out the evolutions on the Micasaverde <a href='http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30310.msg216129.html#msg216129'>Forum</a>","Localizations":"Localizations","Localization information":"Localization information"}

By default ALTUI proposes a number of OS commands to be executed on the target controller of your choice.

These commands are unix commands executed remotely and the output is captured and displayed back into ALTUI without any need to use putty , SCP or things like that. there are of course a few limitation on the kind of commands you can run, you have to avoid commands which are not terminating / pipes or not sending things into the unix stdout.

The Tips & Trick is about the fact that users can add what ever command in ALTUI screens. Just use the little wrench icon to open the command editing box where you can delete default commands, and /or add your own ones.

The little “yellow refresh” button will restore the defaults so use with care.

I attached screen shots

[quote=“amg0, post:7, topic:188332”]By default ALTUI proposes a number of OS commands to be executed on the target controller of your choice.

These commands are unix commands executed remotely and the output is captured and displayed back into ALTUI without any need to use putty , SCP or things like that. there are of course a few limitation on the kind of commands you can run, you have to avoid commands which are not terminating / pipes or not sending things into the unix stdout.

The Tips & Trick is about the fact that users can add what ever command in ALTUI screens. Just use the little wrench icon to open the command editing box where you can delete default commands, and /or add your own ones.

The little “yellow refresh” button will restore the defaults so use with care.

I attached screen shots[/quote]
That’s pretty neat. I like that. Suggestion: For the default du maybe change the command to du -h (for obvious reasons :))

You can force ALTUI to open directly on a specific page by adding “&home=xxxx” on the url where xx is one of these keywords:
pageHome , pageRooms , pageDevices , pageScenes , pageSceneEdit , pagePlugins , pageUsePages , pageEditPages , pageCredits , pageLuaTest , pageLuaStart , pageOptions , pageEditor , pageZwave , pageLocalization , pagePower , pageChildren , pageRoutes , pageQuality , pageTblDevices , pageOsCommand

example

http://192.168.1.16/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home&home=pageDevices

Click on the device icon and it will bring you directly to the device control panel

it says it all in the title…
once a device or scene has been selected as a favorite ( colored star ), it will then appear as a tile on the home page of ALTUI. You can allways return to the Home page by clicking on home or on the VERA logo.

light , dimmers and scene tiles are clickable

To have ALTUI opens as a full page APP like a native iOS app on your apple iDevice , proceed like this

1. open ALTUI home page ( with your prefered home page )
  2. click on the Share icon on the top left
  3. choose save to home screen ( not sure of exact wording, my devices are in french )
  4. get the Icon as one of your App Icons

you can now open this Icon and ALTUI will open as a native app. no browser bar and no way to get a browser bar from here. close your app like any other app

Click on the small on/off sign on the top left corner of the scene object to pause or resume a scene.
a paused scene, does not execute , even if its triggers are raised.

10 - Testing Lua code

ALTUI Misc / Lua test code enables to test some tibbits of Lua code and to display the return value of the code, as well as displaying in an output the result of any print() statement within that code

[ul][li]the code must be the body of a lua function. with or without a return statement[/li]
[li]anything (value, table, object) can be returned, the return is displayed in JSON format in the return window[/li]
[li]anything printed by the lua code via print statement is displayed in the output window[/li][/ul]

[quote=“amg0, post:6, topic:188332”]b) if people want to contribute to create the strings for another language, you can take J_ALTUI_loc_fr.js and rename it J_ALTUI_loc_xx.js where xx is the 2 letter code of the language following ISO code ( HTML ISO Language Code Reference ) and upload the file along the ALTUI files.

c) I can add it into the distribution if you want[/quote]

Hi, I recently found about your Alternate UI and really think is a very good job, congratulations!!!

Please, find here my collaboration, a language localization for Spanish. Will be great if you can include it as part of the distribution.
Keep up the great work!

Fernando Gallarday
P.S. As I am not allowed to upload .js files, I renamed it to .txt

Thank you, will do.

Envoy? de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

this is a way to install manually a particular version of ALTUI is to use the “magic” url
http://:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8246&Version=xxx
where xxx is a magic number given to you by the App.mios.com store

it is explained here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35739.msg264517.html#msg264517

the magic number to use can get found by looking here : MiOS Apps then clicking show files button of the version you want, then looking at the url in browser and take the number for PK_Version parameter

http://apps.mios.com/download-plugin.php?PK_Version=30020

On openLuup you must use :3480 but on Vera you can use either /port_3480 or :3480 on Firefox and Chrome, but not on IE. IE only works with /port_3480

Bottom line

[ul][li]On openLuup you must use :3480[/li]
[li]On Vera you must use /port_3480[/li][/ul]

using a url like this you can instruct ALTUI to open by default, one of your custom page , without any other things ( like menu ) around.

perfect for a waf or kid proof situation

http:///port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home&home=pageUsePages&layout=lean&nPage=nnn

where nnn is the custom page index starting with 0

[quote=“amg0, post:11, topic:188332”]it says it all in the title…
once a device or scene has been selected as a favorite ( colored star ), it will then appear as a tile on the home page of ALTUI. You can allways return to the Home page by clicking on home or on the VERA logo.

light , dimmers and scene tiles are clickable[/quote]

Ok am new and cannot find any documentation on how to add events and or modify like you have on the home page. Is there a way to do this without going into code i.e. GUI editing…I have been unsuccessful at finding anything that can help me.