Any SolarEdge monitor plugins?

Thanks Stibbzy. Probably a little more than I need right now (i don’t have a battery) but thanks anyway.

cmille34 - I think that the delay in the luup.call_delay function might be wrong. It’s 1440, which is ~24 mins. I’ve changed this to 300, which is 5 mins. You could probably reduce this further and increase the night delay and still stay under the 300 poll limit, but 5 mins will be ok for me.

You are absolutely right. Thanks for sharing that goof. I want to say I caught that initially but I obviously didn’t fix it. I updated mine to be 300 now as well. Thanks again for letting me know.

Just checked back in and so happy to see this! Thanks for your efforts cmille34!! Look forward to getting this up and going with our system.

This plugin is great! I have a home battery system and using this plugin lets me turn devices on and off based on solar generation. Superb.
One question, any chance it could be updated to make the polling interval a variable?
Well done sir!

[quote=“blahblahblah, post:24, topic:189086”]This plugin is great! I have a home battery system and using this plugin lets me turn devices on and off based on solar generation. Superb.
One question, any chance it could be updated to make the polling interval a variable?
Well done sir![/quote]

Sure! If you feel so inclined, give this version a go and see if it works for you. It seems to be working for me. (2) new variables, PollingIntervalDay and PollingIntervalNight. Set those values in seconds. I defaulted them both to 320.

I’m not sure how strict SolarEdge is on their 300 API hits a day so just be careful I’d say.

EDIT - Looks like i blew through my API limit for the day so maybe something isn’t right with this edited version. I’ll do a little more testing before I repost it.

EDIT 2- OK, If you feel daring, go ahead and try this one. It seems like if I polled much quicker than every 5 minutes I would start getting some API limit errors in the log. The error indicated daily limit but if I stopped polling for a little while I could get data again so it seems like they have some other limits based on requests by IP during a period of time. This one defaults to 320 seconds for Day and Night polling but you can adjust it. No fancy feedback in the plugin if you run into errors, you’ll need to check the lua log. I’ll try to help as best I can if this version doesn’t work. I did notice sometimes I would need to reload the engine after making a variable change.

Thank you!

I have been running this for 48 hours and it seems to be working great!

I have triggers that run based off solar generation and so i wanted the polling interval to be 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes to level out the behavior a bit during cloudy days. At night, i set the pooling to hourly.

Thank you again! this is superb :slight_smile:

now if only i could get my NRG energy system to work as well…

I plan on adding a power meter to monitor my exported power. Can this plugin be modified to report export power?
I want to create a trigger when exported power is > 5.9 kW to activate increased self-consumption actions.

@stbbzy I would like to try your version. Can it also report exported power once a power meter is connected?

Just wondering if anyone here has turbo or supercharged a NC MX5? Theres a fair bit of info out there and plenty of kits available out of the USA but Im unsure if those would have issues on a RHD car and would also need to find someone to tune it. Most kits seem to come with a base tune at extra cost but it sounds like there is a fair bit of tuning to be done to get it all running right.
Thanks in advance for any info