Associations - Aeotec ZW122 - water sensors

Hi all,

I’d like to use the 2 separate water sensors which come with the dock for the above water sensor. Aeotec support advised that out of the box, this functionality is not supported on Vera. They suggested using associations. However nothing seems to be happening when the sensors are tripped.

This is the setup I have in place:

and for the second sensor:

Aeotec’s support advised:

It is possible but it highly depends on your Z-Wave Controller and how they’ve integrated the Water Sensor 6 multichannel parts. With Vera unfortunately only utilizes a single status and I have not been able to find a specific way to show on interface for the individual probes connected.

As per other methods is a very roundabout method you can do using “Group Association” where the Water Sensor 6 directly controls 2 separate Z-Wave Switches.

Each probe is designed to send out BASIC SET ON (when wet) and OFF (when dry) controls based on Group #3 and Group #4, if you have 2 cheap z-wave switches you can Associate both Z-Wave switches to their individual probes which will turn on and off depending on the probe.

It is a more costly method with the requirement of 2 additional Z-Wave switches, but it is a method that works when you cannot get the virtual underlying reports through the Z-Wave Controller.

​There are 2 parts that you need to make sure with the Z-Wave Switches:

• ​Easily pairable to be used with the same security as your Water Sensor 6 (so if WS6 is using S0 security, it must be able to pair using S0 security).

• Allows automatic updates when the state of the switch changes from ON to OFF and vise-versa.

Have I set up the association correctly? How do I check which security protocol is being used on each device?

Thanks in advance
Tony