Beta feedback Ezlo Atom v2

Hello @ibrewster

I use Android and i’m located in Europ.
Maybe different FW version with location in US ?

Here is mine

Try power cycling the Atom it may update.

Hi

I encount many issues with including/excluding my device Fibaro FGMS-001 3 in 1 Sensor with Atom V2

This device is Motion Sensor and has two children : Light Sensor and Temperatur Sensor

Before first including, I made factory reset on FGMS001

At first try, only the motion sensor was include. Light and Temperatur sensor wasn’t includ (maybe i don’t wait enough but it seems long without nothing else than Motion Sensor)

Then I exclude Motion sensor, it was difficult to obtain excluding (don’t know why). Need to factory reset of the device

I try another time, and wait wait and wait … Then I can see 3 devices motion, temperature and light. It seems to be ok … But a few minuts after alle the 3 device where in red “Can’t detect device” …

Try excluding, including , factory reset … and so on

Suddenly my Vera Edge which control the house send me a message such as “Roller Shutter Living” no more connected !!!

I look VeraMobile Atom V2 and what did I saw ? !!! New device named Roller Shutter as been include in my Atom V2 !!!

It seems my Atom V2 has vampirized my Vera Edge who control the house and take control of one Roller shutter FIBARO FGRM222!!!

I don’t understand what happenned but now the Roller Shutter of Atom V2 drive the cover of Living

Lot of people wonder how to migrate their Vera Edge to Atom V2 !!! I’ve do it myself without any support of Ezlo :innocent:

But i didn’t want to migrate and now I can’t exclude this Roller Shutter of Atom V2 … Tomorrow i’ll open the roller shutter switch to factory reset FGRM222 and re include it in my Vera Edge

Sorry for this long message, but I think that the issue I found is important.

I can’t explain what happened when Atom vampirized my Vera Edge (this is not Vera Edge Linux)

Atom V2 was near Fibaro FGRM222 (2 meter), FGMS001 was at 4 meter, Vera Edge was at 4 meter of AtomV2 and 5 meter for Fibaro FGR222

Thanks if you can explain what happened

If I had courage, i will try to retry this test to confirm/infirm problem

It’s actually a 4in1 sensor, there should also be a Seismometer device as well. Think you have to set a parameter for how that functions.

I have no idea how a device on the Vera Edge could be transferred to the Atom?

Zwave has a single support for both include and exclude. That means that if a device is in exclusion mode and you set a controller to include mode, the device will be excluded. So, exclude it again and pair to your Vera.

Edit: a lot of device can be put in exclusion mode by pressing buttons in sequence. It usually times out after - let’s say - 10 seconds, maybe you hit the buttons and this is the result.

1 Like

Hi,

Here is the list with all Z-Wave devices supported by the Ezlo controllers:

It’s being kept up-to-date. You will see the brand and model number in the second table of the post.

@Oleh is checking now this.

Totally agree, we’ll improve it.

2 Likes

Last night I tried adding a Zooz ZEN16 multi relay (three relays in one device). While there were a bunch of zoos devices in the list, I didn’t find the ZEN16 (suggestion: TOP level search. I found a search once I selected a device type, but what if you aren’t sure of which category the device would fall into?), so I added it as a generic z-wave device. The inclusion process went smoothly and quickly, and the device was added as four “light switches” - I’m assuming the three individual relays, plus a master device.

Which would be perfect, except that none of the “child” switches had an on/off switch, thereby preventing me from controlling them:

I tried excluding the device (virtually instant!) and re-adding it again, with the same result. So at the moment, this device is not usable with the Atom. Note that I have not tried/used this device with any other controller before (it’s brand new to me), so I don’t know if the results would be separate on an older Vera device.

Additionally, the time zone selection list remains empty for me, so I can’t set the proper time zone

Moving on to trying different devices later, so hopefully I can get something added I can create a scene for :slight_smile:

One other issue I just noticed (I thought I saw someone else report this, but I’m not finding it): the Ezlo VOI select your system screen is empty, not allowing me to select my Amazon Alexa system. Which is actually a bit odd, because I thought I had been able to shortly after I set things up. In any case, it’s not showing up now.

1 Like

Oh, I see now. That was over in the Ezlo Plus feedback forum :stuck_out_tongue:

I received my Atom v2. I only added one device so far. A Dragon Tech WS-100. Pairing went smooth. functionality is just simply working. Using firmware 0.8.499. I will try adding a couple more devices tomorrow.

I have successfully added a Dragon Tech WD-100 and GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Outlet (14288) with no issues. Operating devices within the app (Android) is very fast. Using Google Home speakers for voice control seems considerably slower than performing the same function with my SmartThings controller though.

Received my Atom V2 this week and finally got to connect it this morning.

Took a couple of tries to connect to the WiFi, came up with a message that this controller belongs to another user then Vera mobile crashed. Restarted fine and the Atom appears. Takes approx 45 seconds to load.

Deleted the existing rooms and added my own woith no issues.

Added a GE Wall switch with no issues. It takes 10 -15 seconds for the device to appear unafter going to the device page. I have the device selected as a favorite and it does not appear under devices on the dashboard.

Got to get back to work and will do more later.

Ron

I received the Ezlo Atom v2 today. I have an issue with the mobile app on my android phone. Unfortunately when I start the app i get a no internet error message. Turning off wifi and connecting to the mobile network allows the app to work as expected. I realize this is not the place to report such an issue but I also don’t know if you track who has the device and how much they contribute. In either case I am off to find the right thread to post this problem in.

Update: I found a convoluted way to use the mobile app on my network. I turned off wifi. Connected to my account. The process had me connect to the Atom’s wifi and had me select the local wifi it should use. Once set up my two other controllers are offline but the Atom is still online. Go figure.

1 Like

This morning I rebooted my wireless router (for completely unrelated reasons), and now my alexa is showing up under Ezlo VOI. I had tried rebooting the Atom, but apparently the wireless router itself needed a reboot? Not sure why that would be the case, as everything else was working properly…

This morning I tried adding two more devices. The first was an Aeotec 4-in-one sensor (the older eyeball unit, not one of the newer 6-in-one). This device added quickly, and appears to be fully functional. All four sensors showed up properly, and I can get an alert when motion is detected.

Then I tried adding my older GE 45600 Z-Wave basic handheld remote (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V6RW0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1), which was working under Vera UI5, but has never worked under UI7. It added fine, and showed up as “remote control”, which was promising. HOWEVER, when I go to create a scene, the remote does NOT show up as one of the options, so I can’t use it to actually trigger anything :frowning:

I guess the remote was a bit of a long shot, since it is old (though still available), but I was hoping… :slight_smile:

Just tried another device, a GE/Jasco 4101 appliance module. Like the other two, I couldn’t find it in the list, so I just added as a “generic wave device”. First try didn’t work - the device was not detected. However, when I clicked retry it immediately excluded (on device button press), and then the next add attempt worked correctly, and the device now shows up properly and works as expected. So, so far about a 50% success rate for devices.

Finally received my Atom v2 and plugged it into an always-on USB charger port. But I’m feeling a bit dense trying to follow the steps outlined in the Beta PDF (see below) to connect to the Atom.

When I open the Vera Mobile app (per Step A), I only see my existing Vera Plus and Vera Edge controllers listed.
I don’t follow at all what Step B is trying to convey, but can definitely see the ATOM_xxxxx WiFi network SSID on my Android phone’s list of nearby networks, and can connect to it easily. Yet doing so doesn’t “do anything” and re-opening the Vera Mobile app I still only see the existing Vera controllers.

Can someone please lay out the exact steps you undertook to establish your initial connection from the Vera app to the Atom? Thanks!

EDIT 1: I got a bit further by following earlier advice, to TURN OFF my phone’s WiFi, restart the Vera app (it kept not allowing me to login, so I had to briefly turn on WiFi to login), whereupon it finally showed the green (+) button in the lower-right corner which had not been present before. I clicked it and chose ATOM as my new controller.
[Why are these steps not included in the Beta PDF?]
At that point, the app instructed me to connect to the ATOM_xxxxx WiFi network, which I’ve done, BUT the app just stays on that Setup screen. Only clickable things shown on that screen are “Open Settings” and “Need Help?”; there is no “Next” button.

EDIT 2: Progress! Clicking “Open Settings” a 2nd (or was it 3rd?) time brought up a list of WiFi networks, from which I could indeed choose my home WiFi network, which seems to have coerced the remaining steps to deploy, resulting in a “Congratulations” screen with a “Start” button. Seems I’m in good shape now.

Welcome :sun_with_face:

Now you can begin great tests with your devices