Beta feedback Ezlo Atom v2

This morning I tried adding two more devices. The first was an Aeotec 4-in-one sensor (the older eyeball unit, not one of the newer 6-in-one). This device added quickly, and appears to be fully functional. All four sensors showed up properly, and I can get an alert when motion is detected.

Then I tried adding my older GE 45600 Z-Wave basic handheld remote (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V6RW0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1), which was working under Vera UI5, but has never worked under UI7. It added fine, and showed up as ā€œremote controlā€, which was promising. HOWEVER, when I go to create a scene, the remote does NOT show up as one of the options, so I canā€™t use it to actually trigger anything :frowning:

I guess the remote was a bit of a long shot, since it is old (though still available), but I was hopingā€¦ :slight_smile:

Just tried another device, a GE/Jasco 4101 appliance module. Like the other two, I couldnā€™t find it in the list, so I just added as a ā€œgeneric wave deviceā€. First try didnā€™t work - the device was not detected. However, when I clicked retry it immediately excluded (on device button press), and then the next add attempt worked correctly, and the device now shows up properly and works as expected. So, so far about a 50% success rate for devices.

Finally received my Atom v2 and plugged it into an always-on USB charger port. But Iā€™m feeling a bit dense trying to follow the steps outlined in the Beta PDF (see below) to connect to the Atom.

When I open the Vera Mobile app (per Step A), I only see my existing Vera Plus and Vera Edge controllers listed.
I donā€™t follow at all what Step B is trying to convey, but can definitely see the ATOM_xxxxx WiFi network SSID on my Android phoneā€™s list of nearby networks, and can connect to it easily. Yet doing so doesnā€™t ā€œdo anythingā€ and re-opening the Vera Mobile app I still only see the existing Vera controllers.

Can someone please lay out the exact steps you undertook to establish your initial connection from the Vera app to the Atom? Thanks!

EDIT 1: I got a bit further by following earlier advice, to TURN OFF my phoneā€™s WiFi, restart the Vera app (it kept not allowing me to login, so I had to briefly turn on WiFi to login), whereupon it finally showed the green (+) button in the lower-right corner which had not been present before. I clicked it and chose ATOM as my new controller.
[Why are these steps not included in the Beta PDF?]
At that point, the app instructed me to connect to the ATOM_xxxxx WiFi network, which Iā€™ve done, BUT the app just stays on that Setup screen. Only clickable things shown on that screen are ā€œOpen Settingsā€ and ā€œNeed Help?ā€; there is no ā€œNextā€ button.

EDIT 2: Progress! Clicking ā€œOpen Settingsā€ a 2nd (or was it 3rd?) time brought up a list of WiFi networks, from which I could indeed choose my home WiFi network, which seems to have coerced the remaining steps to deploy, resulting in a ā€œCongratulationsā€ screen with a ā€œStartā€ button. Seems Iā€™m in good shape now.

Welcome :sun_with_face:

Now you can begin great tests with your devices

Hello @LibraSun

The Atom already in your account, right ?
Can you include devices ?

Hi @ibrewster

Can you write please a list of devices you have issues with and add description of the issues.
Thanks in advance.

Woke up this morning to find my Atom showing ā€œ4 devices are no longer connectedā€. It was complaining about the GE remote - which, being a battery operated device, I wouldnā€™t expect to communicate much?, as well as the aeon 4-in-one sensor that I have plugged in to constant power. Somewhat oddly though, it only showed the three ā€œchildā€ devices of the sensor as offline, not the parent device. Also oddly, the first time I went into the failed device list, it showed the GE remote twice - Once as a ā€œRemote Controlā€, and once as a ā€œhumidity sensorā€. The second time I went into the list, it showed as expected.

Hello

Iā€™ve tried including Fibaro Fgms-001 which is 3 in 1 sensor

It works bad

Atom v2 annonces battery low but it is full

Atom v2 says in red ā€œcanā€™t detect devicesā€ for :

• motion sensor
  • light sensor
  • temperature sensor

Motion Sensor detect motion but light Sensor or temperature sensor give no value or false value

Am I alone with this problems ???

Ɖdit 2 :
Like @ibrewster , my Fibaro fgms-001 works well with my Vera Edge UI7 see below

I think Atom v2 set bad parameters to my Fgms-001 when including. I wonder if same issues hapenned with Ezlo Plus ? @Oleh what do you think of that problem ?

With the caveat that I am still testing things, and so the list might change:

1. Zooz ZEN16 multirelay. Shows up mostly correctly as three ā€œlightsā€ and a fourth ā€œmasterā€ device (at least, thatā€™s what I am assuming), however only the master device has an on off switch, thereby preventing me from actually controlling the individual relays:

EDIT: I just tried this device on my Vera Plus, and aside from complaining about being ā€œunable to configure deviceā€, it works properly there (all three switches have on-off toggles). So this device is functional on the old Vera UI7 firmware, but not on the new Ezlo firmware.

EDIT 2: I just tried this again on the atom, except adding without encryption. The first time I tried, it just went off into la-la land, with the light on the atom blinking rapidly and the versa software saying ā€œplease waitā€ for several minutes. After I killed the vera app and restarted, I went through the process again (having to exclude the device first), and again attempted to add it unencrypted. This time it worked, and lo and behold, all three relays now have on-off switches! So apparently this device does work, but only if added unencrypted.

1. GE 4560 Handheld remote (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V6RW0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) Adds and shows up as a ā€œremote controlā€, but isnā€™t selectable as a trigger device in scenes

2. Aeon 4-in-one sensor. Appeared to work correctly at first, but the ā€œchildā€ light, humidity, and temperature sensors are now showing ā€œdevice failed to communicateā€. The master (motion) sensor continues to work properly, however. So a bit of a mixed bag.

EDIT 3: After power cycling my atom, the child devices no longer show an error, however they also donā€™t show any values, and the battery level on all of them shows as 0% (even though the device is plugged in)

New small issue: In the scene editor, when adding devices as triggers, the device name isnā€™t shown, only the state. This makes it difficult to know what is actually triggering the scene, especially when multiple devices with identical state are added as triggers:

Is there a more appropriate location for feedback on the Vera app itself? I wouldnā€™t think this is hardware specificā€¦

Havenā€™t gotten that far. Iā€™m still stuck at the ā€œWorld Mapā€ stage, where two things have me flummoxed:
(1) The red ā€œNo Internet Connectionā€ banner keeps popping down every few seconds (this is not a new ā€œbugā€ or ā€œfeatureā€, since Iā€™ve been reporting it for the past 5+ revisions of Vera Mobile), so I canā€™t click the uppermost part of the screen;
and,
(2) No matter how I position the ā€œWorld Mapā€ I receive a warning to ā€œPlease select a location that contains at least the country name and the zip/post/postal code.ā€ (Which makes no sense, as Iā€™ve clicked SAVE with the map zoomed in and out at various scales.)

Happily, I got past these obstacles by finally accessing the ā€œAddressā€ field (top of screen), typing my home address, and clicking SAVE. It appears to have worked, since now the screen says ā€œPlease waitā€¦ loading.ā€

Will edit this reply further once I get to next stage.

EDIT 1: At first, Vera Mobile app showed no sign of the newly added Atom. Logging out of app, then logging back into it, then waiting 25-30 seconds for ā€œControllersā€ screen to populate finally revealed new Atom in list.

EDIT 2: However, for quite a while all three controllers were shown as ā€œOfflineā€, with red ā€œNo Internet Connectionā€ banner incessantly popping down. Approximately 1-2 minutes later, all three controllers transitioned to ā€œOnlineā€ so I could finally click the Atom. Success!(?)!

TEST 1: Ezlo VOI works with the Atom setup as well as it did with the Edge controller before it. Calling this a success.

@LibraSun
Thanks for the descripton.
Are you using Android or IOS ?

@ibrewster,
thanks for your description of issues and devices behaviour.
It would be great if you write all of the issues with different devices in your setup.

I thought thatā€™s what I just did. See the post that you just replied to. It has all of the issues with different devices in my setup, to the point that I have set up so far. Am I missing something??? Sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad I wrote down all the steps involved in adding an Atom v2 to oneā€™s account. I just think all those same steps should be included in the PDF so testers like me donā€™t have to figure them out from scratch each time. As written, the PDF is clearly too simplified (if not misleading).

As indicated above, Iā€™m using Android. The version is 10.0.x.

For what itā€™s worth, the PDF instructions worked for me, as written (on iOS). Went to the controllers section, clicked to add a new controller, connected to itā€™s WiFi signal, came back to the vera app, and ran through the rest of the steps. Easy, peasy. Actually, it was so smooth, I donā€™t even remember exactly what steps I did, but I definitely didnā€™t have to ā€œfigure anything outā€. Apparently it didnā€™t work quite as intended for some people thoughā€¦

2 Likes

I would normally agree with you, except as written the PDF steps donā€™t even make sense (e.g. no ā€œhome routerā€ is involved in the entire process). Other parts are unclear (e.g. ā€œOpen WiFi settingsā€ ā€¦ on what device? or in the app?).

Likewise, thereā€™s no ā€œEzlo Atomā€ to choose from if this is your first time setting one up. Even the last sentence shown above is oversimplified because it implies having a Vera Mobile app account (which I had before today) is sufficient to ā€œsimply addā€ an Ezlo Atom v2 to it, rendering the instructions themselves almost circular in logic.

Guys like us might power through, but a total n00b? No way. And thatā€™s the intended market from all indications. Hence my feedback.

1 Like

A couple of new issues popped up this morning.

I decided to add my Schlage deadbolt to the controller. I unpaired it from my Vera Edge, no issues.

The Atom did not recognize it. It partially paired once but there were no parameters or control so I deleted it and started over with no luck. I moved the Atom to an outlet that is right under the door when open, it is just around the corner from where it was (15 feet). It was able to pair it. But now the light switch that I had previously had working shows offline. (it is through the wall and a closet behind the controller.

Since I added the lock the app repeatably crashes on both startup and when I switch to devices.

On startup it sits with the spinning circle in the mode block and then crashes. However if I start Vera Mobile and go to my vera edge (it loads right away) and then switch controllers to the Atom it loads. However it still sometimes crashes when I go to the devices page.

I cannot get the devices to appear on the dashboard even though they are marked as favorites.

App showing Atom V2 online even when unplugged.