Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

Unable To Create Scenes

iOS App version 3.44 (7)
Firmware: 1.0.27
Ezlo Plus and Vera Edge with Linux F/W

Create a scene as follows:
Action: Ezlo VOI with Amazon Alexa

Saving the scene results in the spinning icon for 5-7 seconds, then returns to an empty scene listing, no scene created.

Alexa is correctly setup as I can manually “Chat with Amazon Alexa” and it works.

Create a scene as follows:
Action: turn on zwave dimmer

The action text is blank. This was the dimmer that was selected:

Same results when saving the scene - spinning icon, returns to empty scene listing, no scene created.

I’ve replicated these results on both hardware platforms.

Dear @af20902 and @dgdev,
It looks like we have a bug on scene creation on app version 3.44 (7), and we will look into details as of Monday. We will get back to you through this thread.

Kind regards,
Goker

I now have my one Zigbee device showing "Can’t detect device’ and for a few minutes Google Assistant was unable to reach Ezlo Home to control the other lights. Google home is working again but so far not the Zigbee bulb.

But much worse than that, I’m getting a Vera Mobile notification pop-up for every light being turned on or off, whether I turn it on in the app or via Google. This is really annoying. I’m on the beta app. This just started today (noticed around midnight 21 June UTC.

Edit: I reset and re-paired the Zigbee bulb and it is working again.

After rebooting the device (unplug and plugin or is there any interface button?) I managed to include a Fibaro Smoke Sensor 2. So Z-Wave seems to be working. I think I’ll give the devices that failed some days ago a try again to include.

Since the device is mounted in my walk-in closet next to the bedroom I’ve noticed that the LED is really very bright and illuminates half of the room. Is the LED darker with the final enclosure/lightpipe? How about the feature to make the LED dimmable or completely turn off?

1 Like

I’ve successfully included a Aeotec Multisensor 6 as Generic Z-Wave device. But there is no motion sensor (included/excluded several times).

I don’t know if it makes a different, but I’ve included in secure mode (normal mode not yer tested).

Eurotronic Spirit thermostat also included fine as generic device. There was a new menu during inclusion letting me choose encrypted or unencrypted connection level:

I’ve chosen the encrypted one. The set temperature made at the thermostat is displayed almost immediately in the app. The other way (temperature set in app → thermostats display) I think also worked (I’m not sure about that anymore). I’ve created time triggered scenes for day/night with different temperatures and tested them. The termostat made some sounds, but the display of the termostat and the app didn’t change. Setting temperature via app didn’t work too even if the message “Command sent” was displayed.

I’ll give the unencrypted connection a try the next time…

Happy to see this! Vera firmware can’t do this.

Indeed positive, bt does it work?
And what are pros and cons of both methods?

I will give you an example.

I had a rather excellent Z-Wave motion sensor. A Neo CoolCam one in fact, the best Z-Wave motion sensor I have had and I’ve tried many!

However said Neo motion sensor does not support S2 Security and is included in to Vera unencrypted or insecure.

I then had a Fibaro Dimmer 2 module that does support S2 and was included in to Vera as encrypted or secure.

I wanted to use native Z-Wave association groups, so that when the Neo motion sensor was tripped it would then turn on the Fibaro dimmer 2. Simple right? Wrong.

The Fibaro Dimmer 2 can only be controlled by a motion sensor that is also S2 secure.

In this example, if Vera FW had supported this feature, which it does not, I would have included the Fibaro Dimmer 2 in unencrypted mode and then my also unencrypted Neo motion sensor could of controlled the Fibaro Dimmer 2 via native Z-Wave association.

This is the only reason I can think of for wanting to be able to include devices unencrypted.

The beta Ezlo plus arrived this morning.

Issue 1

how do you connect to it there is no Ezlo plus listed in the add controller section.

@ElCid read the Beta Test Guide.pdf

when adding a second room it added two.

when i delete the rooms and add again i get three rooms

if i do it again i get 4 and so on. If i delete one of these rooms all get deleted.

@ElCid check what version you are using from the Customer Care screen, no point in reporting issues on old firmware since it might already be fixed in the latest available one. My device is on firmware 1.0.26 but I think that the latest one is 1.0.27.

I am 1.0.27 mobile 7.40.486

I would also point out that i can not copy any text on the customer care page, it would be handy tobe able to copy firmware numbers , email etc.

1 Like

How do you turn the email and push notification , sent when turning on/off device , it’s very annoying

Adding z-wave devices fgd211 as generic - no issues
adding zigbee devices Aqara motion sensor and mini switch, fail the inclusion process. Both these devices included on vera plus, but had limit functionality.

Changing unit name, when returning to settings- unit settings the app hangs, force closing and restarting fixes issue

Voi did not work, it was added via atom. I deleted it and when i try to readd i get
"# We’re sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we’re already working on the problem and expect to resolve it shortly.

Hide Details

Error Summary

400 Bad Request

The parameter client_id is required

Request Details

arb=b8723434-3abb-4e07-8088-0c999c7eb6e8"
Seems error linking is caused by android device being on lan, when linking with wifi android linking occurs but with white label error, this does not seem to stop linking though.

Still unable to get any Voi command to work.
The Alexa app show Voi as offline and saying some settings may not be available.

1 Like

@ElCid thank you for reporting the issues. I passed this to Android and firmware team to take a look at why the Zigbee devices fails to be paired with the Ezlo Plus, as well as the duplicated room issue and the Android app issue.

What would be really nice is if you could get VOI up and running for me, I have been wanting to test this feature.

My Zigbee bulb (Sengled) lost connection again. Power cycling the hub and the bulb didn’t restore the connection. I’ll re-pair it one more time but it looks like I might have to move this device back to the Sengled hub. It was connected there for a long time without ever losing connection.

1 Like

Is it possible to create a secene that -
turns on device
delays 5
turns on another device
delays another 5
turns off a device.

Seems the only way is to add another DO but all time has to be from start.

Would be nice to be able to add delays between devices etc

Even an atom can