Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

It’s always been like that with delays and the Vera scenes.

In the scene, can you not have your first delay set to 5 secs, the second delay set to 10 secs and the third delay set to 15 secs. This would actually give you a 5 second delay in between each action.

You might be able to do it in LUA code as well like this, where 10,11,12 are the device ID numbers

function Delay1()
  luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },10)
end

luup.call_delay("Delay1", 5)

function Delay2()
  luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },11)
end

luup.call_delay("Delay2", 10)

function Delay3()
  luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },12)
end

luup.call_delay("Delay3", 15)

Yeah but can it do 5 second delays between each of the actions as he was asking for?

1 Like

Yes but it would make things easier if you could add delays between actions. i.e. make an action delay

Lua code for that would look more like this.

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },10)

function Delay1()
 luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },11) 
end

luup.call_delay("Delay1", 5)

function Delay2()
  luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },12)
end

luup.call_delay("Delay2", 10)

You just need to count upwards no?

First delay is 5 secs, second delay is 10 secs etc.

The second delay would be 5 seconds after the first delay.

yes, but for more complicated times and sequences it would be simpler to just add a delay. Smart home is supposed to make life easier.

1 Like

Yes I totally agree with you, but it doesn’t currently work that way, so I gave you a solution / work around. .

Yes, i was just letting Ezlo know that an action delay would be useful.
While i’m at it it would be nice to allow users to choose how they wish to enter time delays, as i find scrolling wheels difficult to use. I would prefer a text input box or boxes.

It would be far more user intuitive if you could just add a 5 second delay between each action in a scene if you desired.

As I said you could never do that in Vera and seems you still can’t on the Ezlo FW / Vera app.

1 Like

It also seems you can not set a manual scene, as you can in vera. It would also be nice to be able to add manual scenes to the DO actions to.

How do you mean you cant set a manual scene?

You can’t create a new scene and set it to manual?

Or you can’t add an existing scene to another scenes action?

Ok turns out you don’t have to set a trigger, so you can add a manual scene.

Yes, as in vera, you can not add a scene to a scene as an action.

Also would be nice to have a tick boxes to add/not add, a scene to alexa. At the moment all scenes get auto added to alexa.

1 Like

Thats a very good idea! Also for Google Home.

I create new stuff in Vera and later remember I need to go into the Google Home setup in the Vera gateway page and unselect things so they don’t show up in the Home app.

2 Likes

Hello @af20902.

Can you give more details please.

1. As I understood it worked before but stopped to work now and you can see this device in the list of devices but cannot control it. Is it correct ?
  2. Did it happen when your hub was updated to the latest build 1.0.27 ?
  3. Which other Zigbee devices you have in your setup ?

Thanks.

When ever i start the app it takes 30 seconds to load and show dashboard. If i press back button and return to home screen, I have to wait another 30 sec for app to reload. If i just click home button and then start app again, there is no loading time.

As this app takes so long to load can you set it to press back twice to exit, as a single back from dashboard closes app, thus having to wait 30 more seconds.

For me it works fine. Since few last beta builds those issues are gone.

Hi @ElCid, in the next beta, we fixed the slow startup for atom/linux firmware controllers.

And what about VOI, still not working . Has never worked on atom or plus. @goker was supposed to get back to me after the weekend, i sent reminder PM yesterday, but still no response. Support is a joke also as reported this issue 5 + days ago no response from then at all.

1 Like

Dear @ElCid,

We checked the issue on Monday but it requires a bit more investigation and your help too, and couldn’t get back to you yesterday; sorry about that!
I assigned one of our engineers to take a look again because it will require back-and-forth communication with you.

Today I got an E-Mail message saying my thermostats batteries are low. But the app says they are at 100%.