Box for gateway Arduino - 3D printer

garrettwp let me try to address some of this

I also started from Xbee and posted here one example. But yes Xbee is to expensive and I think too complex.

1. I’m using aliexpress for about 3 years. Sure you need to count on a seller reputation like you should do everywhere. I had just a few not significant cases and in 80% of them I able to agree with the seller on resolution before opening a formal case. On other 20% I win through ecrow case procedure.

2. maniacbug the author of RF24 we are using here has experimented a lot RF24Network for Wireless Sensor Networking | maniacbug

3. Before I purchase a Replicator 2 3D printer I used some plastic boxes purchased customized by me. Sparkfun has some https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=enclosure&what=products. I used a local shops with much more possibilities корпуса для РЭА пластиковые | купить оптом и в розницу
    3D is the best way but very capital angry :slight_smile:
    An example of 3D printed box:
    Радиокот - Ошибка 404
    Радиокот - Ошибка 404

4. I personally prefer to use custom build hardware like maniagbug did Low-Power Wireless Sensor Node | maniacbug
    Pro mini 3.3V will consume less running power because of 8mhz clock but i think will be the same power while sleeping.
    Nano is easy to use because it has USB->UART converter on board and LDO 3.3v on board. Etc. you do not need an external components to program it and to connect radio module to it (radio requires voltage bellow 3.6V).

Damn… I also want a 3D printer :wink:

@hek build one. Its fairly easy if your handy with electronics and basic tools. Ive now built two a mendel90 (nopheads kit recommended), and printed and built from scratch 3dr from richrap(using the mendel90). Go on build one you know you want to.

Not to be off topic, I had my eyes on the peachy printer but decided to hold off. A coworker has a printr bot, he’s always asking me for stuff to print. Any good arduino cases out there I can have printed?

• Garrett

just published Arduino gateway for vera3 micasaverde by axill - Thingiverse

hek to support your contribution I can print it for you and send. Just let me know.

It is a “red button inside” box)) I thought it probably will be needed for pairing relays and devices.

Received the gateway box from Axill today. Version 2.0 even have holes for RX/TX/ERR diods!

THANKS!!!

Still waiting for the ordered antenna version of the nRF24L0+PA+LNA before assembly can start.

Looks great. I’ll have to get my cowork to print one for me (once he fixes his printer!). Now if we can get a case for the arduino pro mini, a sensor or two and battery?!?!

• Garrett

Very cool - but i was wondering about installing the arduino/radio inside my vera lite. I should think there is enough room.
The only “problem” i forsee is updating the gateway sketch as the plugin progresses… I guess a 4pole double throw switch and a “programming” usb port added…but then i don’t have my vera in close proximity to my pc’s…

Here is what a box can look like if you do not have access to a 3d printer (wish I had access though).

nice!

Finally got my replacement (first one was broken) antenna module for the gateway. This one is working great.

hek, my congratulations! :slight_smile:

My version )

Looks good!

Hi Hek,

I noticed you changed most of your Hardware Links from AliExpress to Ebay. Have folks been having issues with AliExpress?

[quote=“MDoc, post:15, topic:177484”]Hi Hek,

I noticed you changed most of your Hardware Links from AliExpress to Ebay. Have folks been having issues with AliExpress?[/quote]

No issues with aliexpress, what I have heard about.
The ebay prices were a bit lower and I tend to get my things shipped here faster from ebay sellers. Also doing some evaluation of different affiliate programs for a future build-your-own-sensor-site which will more comprehensive and cover the process of building sensors more deeply [will get back here when its ready for beta testing].

[quote=“hek, post:16, topic:177484”][quote=“MDoc, post:15, topic:177484”]Hi Hek,

I noticed you changed most of your Hardware Links from AliExpress to Ebay. Have folks been having issues with AliExpress?[/quote]

No issues with aliexpress, what I have heard about.
The ebay prices were a bit lower and I tend to get my things shipped here faster from ebay sellers. Also doing some evaluation of different affiliate programs for a future build-your-own-sensor-site which will more comprehensive and cover the process of building sensors more deeply [will get back here when its ready for beta testing].[/quote]

I did have issues with aliexperess. After I tried to order a few parts, all of them were rejected with a message I should send a copy of CC and Pasport/ID to them. I don’t prefer to send copies of anything to any chinese website so I let them all expire. Now that all links are up to ebay, I ordered again without an hitch.

Waiting now for my first ardiuno parts.

[quote=“clandmeter, post:17, topic:177484”]I did have issues with aliexperess. After I tried to order a few parts, all of them were rejected with a message I should send a copy of CC and Pasport/ID to them. I don’t prefer to send copies of anything to any chinese website so I let them all expire. Now that all links are up to ebay, I ordered again without an hitch.

Waiting now for my first ardiuno parts.[/quote]

What?! Never heard of this kind of behavior from Ali-sellers. I would not send any passport copies either…

How do you guys buy from someone who does not take paypal? Do you give them your CC info :o

I have looked at AliExpress and like the prices but none of them seem to accept paypal?

-AM

You don’t reveal any card information to the actual seller. All payment is handled by Aliexpress (which is the biggest market place in Asia).

I doubt they will mess up your card information.