Cannot add RF device manually on VeraEdge - New RFXtrx433XL

Hi,

I have recently installed my new RFXtrx433XL on my Vera Edge.

[ul][li]Vera is running most recent stable (1.7.4000)[/li]
[li]RFXtrx LUA files fetched today from trunk – RFXtrx Gateway (4 years old)[/li]
[li]RFXtrx has been updated by me to RFXtrx433XL_ProXL1_1034.hex (wasn’t working before either)[/li][/ul]

So far RFXtrx device is set up, com settings set up, auto-created a few temp/humidity devices and fetches data from them.

However, when trying to add a device manually (to be able to control my Dooya blinds) it fails.

I go to devices, go to RFXTRX, go to “Create new device”, fill in the fields and press Create.

Sends GET request to:
http://10.0.0.XX/port_49451/data_request?id=lu_action&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=90&serviceId=urn%3Aupnp-rfxcom-com%3AserviceId%3Arfxtrx1&action=CreateNewDevice&CategoryType=DC_RMF_YOODA&DeviceType=WINDOW_COVERING&Name=Roller1&RemoteId=10696615&UnitCode=1

Query params exploded
id: lu_action
output_format: xml
DeviceNum: 90
serviceId: urn:upnp-rfxcom-com:serviceId:rfxtrx1
action: CreateNewDevice
CategoryType: DC_RMF_YOODA
DeviceType: WINDOW_COVERING
Name: Roller1
RemoteId: 10696615
UnitCode: 1

Server responds with 500 (Internal server error) and nothing happens.

Any ideas? I have read people discussing similar issues after Vera firmware updates, but those seems to have been solved?

Thanks!
/Victor

Quick update: Got some help from the Vera team:

“The unit was running out of internal memory and couldn?t process commands accordingly. We have performed a standard clean up on your system and check that the unit is back to normal. Please have a look and try the RFXtrx plugin again.”

Similar result as before after the cleanup, however i now get a 404 instead of a 500 error on the request if that makes any difference:

[tt]http://10.0.0.XX/port_49451/data_request?id=lu_action&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=90&serviceId=urn%3Aupnp-rfxcom-com%3AserviceId%3Arfxtrx1&action=CreateNewDevice&CategoryType=DC_RMF_YOODA&DeviceType=WINDOW_COVERING&Name=Roller1&RemoteId=10696615&UnitCode=1[/tt]

/Victor

There are newer files for the plug-in.
Look for 1.61 in this forum.

I don’t know if that will help, but try that first.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Hi,

Oh! Sorry, completely missed that releases were posted here in the forum rather than on the MIOS track link! Thanks for that!

After updating I can indeed create devices, great! I’ll see when I get home if they actually control anything :slight_smile:
As a note, the Dooya/Yooda blind actually seems to support one intermediary position. It’s not super clear, but from the manual it seems like that function can be reached via long press on the stop button of the remote https://fccid.io/VYY-DM25LE-S/User-Manual/User-Manual-2815142 - I’ll see if I can configure that as well when I come home.)

Thanks again
/Victor

Success! SO - with a new version, basic functionality (up/down) seems to work well, very nice! :slight_smile:

Middle position does not seem to be supported (no button in UI), however I am quite sure the RFXtrx API supports it, in the command dropdown you can choose Intermediary or something like that. Would it be possible to add such button? Could I do it myself, and if so could someone hint what file this is defined in?

Finally there is a 0-100% slider which doesn’t really serve a purpose (only up/down/stop/intermediary are supporter afaik). Can I remove it?

Great plugin either way, very happy to be able to start automating the blinds!

/Victor

Glad to hear that most of the functionality you need is working. The UI available for window coverings needs a fair amount of work. It’s one of the things I hope to address with the next version. I’m working on that now but it’s part of a sizeable redesign of the code that creates commands to be transmitted by the transceiver. I hope to start some preliminary testing of my design tomorrow.

Oh, that’s fantastic news! :smiley:

Thanks a lot for all your hard work!

/Victor

Hi .

Newbie here with the rfxtrx433xl and a veraedge also running the last software…Im sorry to highjack the threat but im running out of my mind, I cant get this thing to work got the betta 3 files upload to vera recognize the device, but when I manually add a device withing the rfxtrx vera will said that it would reload and stays there…any ideas? and Thank you in advanced

Use the files found in the first post in this thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,112677.0.html