Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,80.0.html

There’s some pdf documentation too.

Basics >
Download the wink app from playstore/istore
Create a Wink account
Add your device, it will ask to link to that app on your phone. (for me I did MyQ and Ring VideoDoorbell)
Some various options you can choose (the pdf explains them)

[quote=“tomtcom, post:719, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:716, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:715, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205, post:713, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:712, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205”]The whole entire thing is infuriating.

What REALLY irritates me is that Chamberlain is purposefully changing their system (and now, seemingly with very short time windows) to break this behavior. They do not integrate / partner with a true Home Automation solution yet they won’t allow anyone to code an app on their own for this.

So, who else makes a quality door opener that WILL work with a HA solution? Chamberlain makes TONS of openers and they’re sold under a lot of different names. So, who do we turn to when Chamberlain wants to be a PITA about this stuff?[/quote]
Agreed. I asked cybrmage in his Wink plugin thread that supports garage doors if he could leverage that. I use Wink with only the plugin to bring in the motion sensor from the Ring video doorbell. So since myq works with wink I think this might be the better method to pursue.[/quote]

Spend MORE money to add a mediocre device that doesn’t work if the Internet connection is down? I use door motion and state to trigger lights and such. And this plugin being broken is damaging a LOT of my LUA code in scenes and corrupting it.

I think I’m going to just give up.[/quote]

LOL, if it makes you feel better the newer Wink V2 has local control…

However, the most important thing is I DON’T have a Wink hub. Cybrmage’s plugin works without a hub. I just install Wink on my phone, add the devices, and leverage the plugin to bring them into Vera.[/quote]

You’re still relying on 3rd party devices.[/quote]

You always will unless you go with BOFH’s idea but even if you use a true zwave only device, let’s hope you weren’t counting on your scene to run during a luup reload unless you rely on pleg to “work around” that issue. There’s a caveat and gotcha in all this junk. My Kwikset lock should be shot like old yeller. My door sensor eats batteries like the cookie monster and I “thought” z-wave protocol standards were supposed to prevent Vera from saying “we haven’t yet integrated that z-wave device” yet. I mean WTH?[/quote]

I hear you tomtcom, I don’t mean any pun, but I was referring to using RF24 mesh networking and creating my own devices to talk to Vera by creating my own party, though it won’t be 3rd, it will be 2nd…LOL.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,80.0.html

There’s some pdf documentation too.

Basics >
Download the wink app from playstore/istore
Create a Wink account
Add your device, it will ask to link to that app on your phone. (for me I did MyQ and Ring VideoDoorbell)
Some various options you can choose (the pdf explains them)[/quote]

Thanks. I’ll look at it.

Now, how do I get this stupid device and app off of my controller without it corrupting LUA all over the place in my scenes?

[quote=“Fryswatter, post:722, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:719, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:716, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:715, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205, post:713, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:712, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205”]The whole entire thing is infuriating.

What REALLY irritates me is that Chamberlain is purposefully changing their system (and now, seemingly with very short time windows) to break this behavior. They do not integrate / partner with a true Home Automation solution yet they won’t allow anyone to code an app on their own for this.

So, who else makes a quality door opener that WILL work with a HA solution? Chamberlain makes TONS of openers and they’re sold under a lot of different names. So, who do we turn to when Chamberlain wants to be a PITA about this stuff?[/quote]
Agreed. I asked cybrmage in his Wink plugin thread that supports garage doors if he could leverage that. I use Wink with only the plugin to bring in the motion sensor from the Ring video doorbell. So since myq works with wink I think this might be the better method to pursue.[/quote]

Spend MORE money to add a mediocre device that doesn’t work if the Internet connection is down? I use door motion and state to trigger lights and such. And this plugin being broken is damaging a LOT of my LUA code in scenes and corrupting it.

However, the most important thing is I DON’T have a Wink hub. Cybrmage’s plugin works without a hub. I just install Wink on my phone, add the devices, and leverage the plugin to bring them into Vera.[/quote]

You always will unless you go with BOFH’s idea but even if you use a true zwave only device, let’s hope you weren’t counting on your scene to run during a luup reload unless you rely on pleg to “work around” that issue. There’s a caveat and gotcha in all this junk. My Kwikset lock should be shot like old yeller. My door sensor eats batteries like the cookie monster and I “thought” z-wave protocol standards were supposed to prevent Vera from saying “we haven’t yet integrated that z-wave device” yet. I mean WTH?[/quote]

I hear you tomtcom, I don’t mean any pun, but I was referring to using RF24 mesh networking and creating my own devices to talk to Vera by creating my own party, though it won’t be 3rd, it will be 2nd…LOL.[/quote]

I would like to be invited to that party. :slight_smile:

[quote=“tomtcom, post:724, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:722, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:719, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:716, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:715, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205, post:713, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:712, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205”]The whole entire thing is infuriating.

I hear you tomtcom, I don’t mean any pun, but I was referring to using RF24 mesh networking and creating my own devices to talk to Vera by creating my own party, though it won’t be 3rd, it will be 2nd…LOL.[/quote]

I would like to be invited to that party. :)[/quote]

You’re alright tomtcom…lol. I would send out invitations but my mommy works at waffle house and can’t afford to fund my ideas.

[quote=“Fryswatter, post:725, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:724, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:722, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:719, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:716, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:715, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205, post:713, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:712, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205”]The whole entire thing is infuriating.

You’re alright tomtcom…lol. I would send out invitations but my mommy works at waffle house and can’t afford to fund my ideas.[/quote]

Your mommy must know my mommy then. That’s why I have a $4 radio shack battery pack on my back door sensor so 4 AA’s will last 5 days longer than 2 coin batteries.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:726, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:725, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:724, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:722, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:719, topic:180826”][quote=“Fryswatter, post:716, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:715, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205, post:713, topic:180826”][quote=“tomtcom, post:712, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205”]The whole entire thing is infuriating.

You’re alright tomtcom…lol. I would send out invitations but my mommy works at waffle house and can’t afford to fund my ideas.[/quote]

Your mommy must know my mommy then. That’s why I have a $4 radio shack battery pack on my back door sensor so 4 AA’s will last 5 days longer than 2 coin batteries.[/quote]

Well if you would just put them to sleep when they misbehave, 5 days would really drag by. All jokes aside in this case, power can be supplied by the door opener. ‘Batteries not included’

Well if you would just put them to sleep when they misbehave, 5 days would really drag by. All jokes aside in this case, power can be supplied by the door opener. 'Batteries not included'

It’s just a crappy Everspring sensor that came with my bundled Vera package when CompUSA still had physical stores. Because I’m cheap and there was no solution with wake/poll settings I have a black and red wire wrapped around the coil spring in the sensor. Used a dremel so I could close the cap too. :slight_smile: I patted myself on the back for my ingenuity. LOL.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:728, topic:180826”]

Well if you would just put them to sleep when they misbehave, 5 days would really drag by. All jokes aside in this case, power can be supplied by the door opener. ‘Batteries not included’

It’s just a crappy Everspring sensor that came with my bundled Vera package when CompUSA still had physical stores. Because I’m cheap and there was no solution with wake/poll settings I have a black and red wire wrapped around the coil spring in the sensor. Used a dremel so I could close the cap too. :slight_smile: I patted myself on the back for my ingenuity. LOL.[/quote]

I always love to hear stuff like this. I gotta a few EcoLink Motion Sensors, but they don’t give me too much trouble when it comes to battery life, even when they are in the test mode jumper setup.

[quote=“ember1205, post:705, topic:180826”] 50 02/16/17 20:32:18.210 luup_log:21: MyQ Gateway: DoWebLogin response: code [000] url [https://www.mychamberlain.com/] <0x2d065680> [/quote]

The “000” code is the curl command saying that it can not resolve the URL… Which means that you have a DNS or network problem…

If you had actually read the post where I state the MyQ is supported by the Wink Connect plugin, you would know that the Wink Connect automatically disables (and excludes) MyQ support if the MyQGateway plug is installed. To enable MyQ support in the Wink Connect Plugin you MUST uninstall the MyQGateway plugin (or delete the MyQGateway Plugin device if the plugin was manually installed).

As I stated… I have been working on getting the plugin working with the new version of the MyQ API… The “fallback” method is just that… a “just in case” method to have functionality if the MyQ API is changed in the future. The fallback method emulates a login to the MyQ mobile website, so it is not ideal… but it is NOT likely to change significantly (it hasn’t in the last two years)… so is ideal for a fallback.

And, I have the new API figured out and the plugin is updated…

[quote=“cybrmage, post:730, topic:180826”][quote=“ember1205, post:705, topic:180826”] 50 02/16/17 20:32:18.210 luup_log:21: MyQ Gateway: DoWebLogin response: code [000] url [https://www.mychamberlain.com/] <0x2d065680> [/quote]

The “000” code is the curl command saying that it can not resolve the URL… Which means that you have a DNS or network problem…[/quote]

DNS works fine at the OS level as I am able to ping www.mychamberlain.com and the proper DNS is configured in the settings. It’s not a DNS issue.

Additionally, Code 6 indicates a DNS issue with CURL and 000 means nothing more than “time out”. Executing curl from the command line results in a lengthy error about a self-signed certificate in the chain.

V1.36 works great so far with Chamberlain gateway. 1.26, 1.27, and 1.30 did not work for me. Thanks for the great work cybrmage!

1.36 worked for me (Liftmaster). I completely removed the device and plugin, reinstalled, updated the files, and re-configured. All is well again.

cybrmage, you are truly a mage! Thanks for the quick fix. :slight_smile:

V1.36 is working for me (Craftsman). Thank you for Cybrmage.

The mychamberlain domain does NOT use a self signed certificate… Hence… I you are getting an issue with a self signed certificate, your DNS server is NOT pointing to the correct webserver… hence… You have a DNS problem.

If you had actually read the post where I state the MyQ is supported by the Wink Connect plugin, you would know that the Wink Connect automatically disables (and excludes) MyQ support if the MyQGateway plug is installed. To enable MyQ support in the Wink Connect Plugin you MUST uninstall the MyQGateway plugin (or delete the MyQGateway Plugin device if the plugin was manually installed).

LOL, sorry man didn’t mean to strike a chord. :slight_smile: I did have the MyQ app uninstalled and no device present. I will try the MyQ plugin first and then Wink as needed.

v1.36 working for me with Liftmaster! Thanks again Cybrmage for all the ongoing work you have put into this project.

Thanks Cybrmage!
without your support, i was going to throw my q in the garbage and resort to generic zwave garage door openers…
we all owe you

The mychamberlain domain does NOT use a self signed certificate… Hence… I you are getting an issue with a self signed certificate, your DNS server is NOT pointing to the correct webserver… hence… You have a DNS problem.[/quote]

The error makes a statement about a self-signed cert - I’m not saying that a self-signed cert is actually in the bundle. Typically, this error occurs when the “browser” being used (curl, in this case) is not aware of at least one of the CA’s that is involved in signing either the root or intermediary certificate and it will throw this kind of error.

I will repeat that this is NOT a DNS problem.

I will also point out that the code you’ve written uses the “-k” flag with curl which TURNS OFF validation of the security chain. While this will work around the problem of the error that I see without using that flag, it turns off all checking of the certificate and leaves this app exposed to man-in-the-middle and other attacks that could expose the accounts of the users.

I am able to get v1.36 of the code to work.

1.36 is working for me as well, Liftmaster / UI7
Thank you cybrmage!!