Clarification of forum contributors being banned

Your words… “many times” by your own admission…

1 Like

Our reason to acquire Vera was for its engineers. (which is what i have been saying, which is what you are showing…)nothing new there…

I wasn’t saying “vera users are doing very small job, thinking they are saving the world”…that statement was directed only at YOU. You are doing that Patrick! Nothing you have screenshotted here shows anything different. Try again! You are on a league of your own “doing small job thinking you are saving the world and belittling hard working good engineers of Vera”!

I have been reading this and virtually eating popcorn. But I need to comment. While I have not used Vera engineers directly, I have only been able to stabilize my environment thanks to the forum contributions of banned past members and @rigpapa. I have submitted at least 2 feature requests and apart from one note of clarification I have heard nothing from the Vera engineers. The frequency of firmware has been slow, and updates don’t address stability or implementation of more Zwave classes, where products claim they work on Vera! I have seen lots of fervor with Ezlo, but feature parity is not there and I have seen no plans for a migration path. Personally, I have seen more positive and direct impact from the open source developers you have bones to pick that from Vera directly.

1 Like

Of course, your own personal experience and everyone’s is different.
But thats no reason for @rigpapa to belittle vera engineers, is it? Lets be honest, only a percentage of total users use his plugin (not everyone!)
and for him to state:

Is nothign but sign of a delusion of grandeur.

Out of respect for those banned I would like to take you up on this offer. I could not locate a way to deactivate in the preferences, so please deactivate my account. This forum is dead without these guys.

2 Likes

Of course. consider it done.
@kfxo is doing the honorable thing and volunteering
@Matsohl how about you?
How about the handful others, please leave the forum, you are not happy here, you guys abundantly make it clear how unhappy you are. Please Leave! Do the right thing, Leave and be happy!

And the confession!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention guys!
Akbooer admitting he was spamming and stealing. What a low life! Not even a sorry for breaking the forum rules, nothing! Unethical, thieving morons is all I can say over there :wink: Glad you guys found eachother :slight_smile:

Could you please tell us how many people closed their accounts here after the 20th of may 2020, and how many stopped visiting this forum, as your claim of stealing memberships seem far fetched. Are members here allowed to join other forums? can i advise someone to go look at HA forum for ideas of how to integrate a device that can not be integrated with Vera(due to your lack of device integration)?

I don’t thick You or Your Engineers have done much for vera users compared to other third patry developers, You have not added a new device to vera in years, you failed to upgrade alexa and google integration.

@rigpapa, @akbooer, @amg0, @therealdb, @rafale77, @reneboer, @blacey Each of those names and others i forget to mention(sorry), have each done more than you and your engineers have for Vera over the last 2/3 years. That may be different for eZLO, but for Vera you have done very little since your take over

p.s. I am not belittling your engineering team, just pointing out your companies input into vera. All contact i have had with you team has been professional and pleasant and respectful.

1 Like

I don’t have the number, however Akbooer have publicly admitted at spamming and trying to steal. How many of that he succeeded we don’t know. A thief is a thief no matter how much they steal.

As an FYI:
5.08% of all Vera users have installed Reactor.

Remaining 95% have not.

Stop belittling Vera engineers
To say a plugin that is used only 5% of all users is doing more work than the engineers who is providing and running that platform for that plugin to live on, as well as for the other 95% who most likely doesn’t know the existence of that plugin is truly a sign of delusion of grandeur .

We value every bit of code written for our ecosystem, but people with delusion of grandeur do not belong in our community.

I am paying for people’s salaries, costs to run servers, the whole infrastructure to keep it running, some update and building a whole new ecosystem. Whole new platform we are building is for everyone including for vera users. You can’t ignore the fact all the work being done on Ezlo is not for Vera users because its a different code base. Its a silly argument.

Lets look at the alternative If I hadn’t taken over: “everything would be switched off”, gone. The amount of money and resources goes into keeping a system running is huge. Again you are belittling the amount of work and investment required to keep all this going. Honestly you guys suffer from a huge delusion of grandeur and think that only what you do exist and everyone else’s work doesn’t exist.

And if the servers had gone down, it would be the third party developers who would/have found ways to run a vera off line.

Again I am not belittling the Engineers, just pointing out you have done very little to/for vera since your inauguration.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:
cute…

You haven’t read what I wrote have you :slight_smile:

4 Different hubs, brand new framework, one is based on RTOS the other on Linux can not be considered “doing very little”

You and your gang’s problem is you ignore everything unless its old legacy Vera firmware. To you only that world exist, everything else doesn’t matter.
I understand, I too wouldn’t want to unpair than pair all my devices…its a pain in the backside…(we are trying to find a solution, i think we now have…preliminary…ability to move all the devices from vera hw to ezlo hw without unpair/pair.)…But to belittle all that work that is being done and ignoring it shows how little you guys understand about technology. I remember that guy rafael (the initial instigator of hate…) used to say, he knows Chips etc and Atom can’t run on local mode because it doesn’t have enough cpu power…guess what its running in Local mode…You have bunch of “techie wannabees” with “little knowledge” on technology who think they know it all and as a result go and belittle everyone else. Guess what I won’t take that rubbish! :slight_smile: Those tiny handful guys were allowed to run wild in these forums …no more!

You are paying your people salaries and servers because in order to get the ezlo platform up and running you need vera users to stick around otherwise the ezlo is doomed from the start… in the meantime the community is keeping the users not to jump ships… because ezlo is doing nothing for vera users except maintaining the status quo from 3 years ago which in technology time is like using VHS to watch movies today.

1 Like

User base of Vera is NOT something to build business on, nor is it the reason why we bought Vera. Even if “EVERYONE of Vera users” bought 2 Ezlo Hubs from me, it wouldn’t even pay 2 weeks worth of Company’s expenses :slight_smile: So you are 100% wrong @eonnet!

This means nothing to Vera users because vera as crappy as it is at the moment is light years ahead of ezlo in terms of supported intgrations with 3rd party systems.

You and your gang’s problem is you ignore everything unless its old legacy Vera firmware. To you only that world exist, everything else doesn’t matter.

99% of the users here are vera legacy users so yes we are interested in what we have and what is capable to control my home… according my estimation to put ezlo instead of vera you will need at least 3 more years to be able to get in my home as a production hub.

1 Like

I’m not 100% wrong… i’m not talking as a potential customers that if we buy you will get profit… but if we stick around and have a nice thing to say to our friends and spread the word that is how you will benefit…and you know that

1 Like

the point is: Its ok for you to care about Vera, but you can’t say we are not doing anything.

you are 100% wrong.
We knew the user of Vera would be problematic because they were left on a “dying platform”. We expected negativity. We were NOT counting on them to say great things and rightly so, cos they have been left to die on a dying platform.

You are doing … for ezlo platform… for vera at the moment i can say that is on life support and just keeping the servers… yes you are doing better job than wink but that is not something to be proud of.

1 Like

I did note in my replies that i am not talking eZLO, so who’s not reading what people have written?

I have no gang and would never be part of any gang or mob, these are my own opinions,. I am not bitter, vera has given me good service. I understand you do not like people with differing opinions. To the point you have to start creating a delusional narrative.

1 Like

We are building Ezlo for Vera users as well as for everyone else.
You are “choosing to ignore it”.
It is Your own personal choice to ignore Ezlo, doesn’t change the reality that it is actually happening :), investment going into it, new range of hubs being built, new platform being launched…