Combination Switch - "Failed to get plugins"

I am getting “Failed to get plugins” when I go to configure the switch. I am on the same LAN & Secure Vera is not on. Any tips? I also uninstalled & reinstalled.

Not sure, sorry. Doing it on the local LAN should be sufficient. It’s possible that the Vera firmware that you are on is blocking the plugin. Think about whether this issue started happening coinciding with a firmware update.

New with updated firmware before I installed.

It’s possible that I installed remotely, which I know is a problem, then removed and reinstalled on the LAN. Is that a possible issue? I have another one I am working on today that will be that exact situation so we’ll see how that goes.

Doubtful. Installing the plugin files remotely should not be an issue. Configuring a device cares about being on the LAN, mostly because the configuration JavaScript in the web interface builds URLs that are only correct when connected over the LAN. Once a device is configured the JavaScript code doesn’t enter into the picture so a configured device will run fine thereafter.

If you are fluent in using a web browser debugger you can look at the HTTP calls being made by the configuration interface and note any error messages that come up.

My guess is that this plugin has been rendered inoperative by recent Vera security enhancements.

I just created a new switch on my system which is running the newest firmware and didn’t get the error. The system we just did yesterday looked good too so it seems to be just this one system. I’ll see what I can figure out.

I’m getting the same issue and the combo switch is not working. I upgraded the app, then installed another new switch. It failed also with the “Failed to get plugins” message. This is a very old app and I am surprised that it is failing.

What security issues are you talking about, Futzle? And how do I fix them?