Control when to use NetMon

I am interested in some type of presence monitor and it seems NetMon should be looked at. I see Ping Sensor also, but am not sure if it is maintained or current.

For any ping type add-in, I would be interested in having the sensing occur after a door sensor triggers.

logic:
when the door sensor indicates someone opened/closed the door, then look to see if anyone is in the house for the next 30 or 40 minutes. If no one in the house, then turn off light. if someone in the house, then take no action.

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

Ping sensor is current, there is no maintenance necessary.

To accomplish what you want to do you need to write a scene either through PLEG, Reactor or Vera Scenes.

Has anyone used Ping Sensor and Netmon and have thoughts on which is better, easier, more reliable, etc?
I saw a similar question on the forum with no response. Maybe this functionality is not widely used.

@zedrally
When you say Vera scenes, I think you mean Vera’s standard scene interface correct? or is this an add-on like PLEG or Reactor?

Has anyone tried turning on/off the function like this? if so, please post some recommendations.

I built my own logic combining geo fence (ios) and router presence (netgear) and it’s mostly ok. Pinging is not enough, because from time to time the device will be disconnected. If you want precise location, there are solutions based on that as well. I may suggest to combine at least two of them in order to have a better accuracy.