Crash Luup

hello,

I use this excellent plugin for almost a year and I’m very happy !! Thank you a amg0;-)

Lately I encounter small problems I think. (V1.83)

I have a scenario that tells me when my Luup engine restarts …

Regularly, when the plug looking for my position, it creates a crash Luup …

I think it’s a period of response exceeds but I’m not sure …

am I the only one?

[quote=“Eldoctor62, post:1, topic:183894”]hello,

I use this excellent plugin for almost a year and I’m very happy !! Thank you a amg0;-)
Lately I encounter small problems I think. (V1.83)
I have a scenario that tells me when my Luup engine restarts …
Regularly, when the plug looking for my position, it creates a crash Luup …
I think it’s a period of response exceeds but I’m not sure …
am I the only one?[/quote]

never heard of that so hard to say. but if you enable DEBUG mode ( control tab ) and capture log, maybe we can have a look

I’m having a similar problem. Tried to set up iPhone locator on my system and am having some pretty major problems. Curious if anyone has any suggestions.

I was able to download the plugin and get things set up, but when I selected my iPhone I got a save error, tried save again, and my entire vera crashed, with a taking to long to reload luup error. Couldn’t get in via LAN or mios site to do anything.

Vera support got my system up and working again (while I was out of town) and it worked fine for several days. I returned home and it froze again. I was able to unplug the system and get it to respond again, but when I went into iPhone locator to select the right iPhone, same problem–crashed the whole thing and now have inaccessible vera.

Any thoughts? I’m on an iPhone6 with latest OS.

[quote=“tb001, post:3, topic:183894”]I’m having a similar problem. Tried to set up iPhone locator on my system and am having some pretty major problems. Curious if anyone has any suggestions.

I was able to download the plugin and get things set up, but when I selected my iPhone I got a save error, tried save again, and my entire vera crashed, with a taking to long to reload luup error. Couldn’t get in via LAN or mios site to do anything.

Vera support got my system up and working again (while I was out of town) and it worked fine for several days. I returned home and it froze again. I was able to unplug the system and get it to respond again, but when I went into iPhone locator to select the right iPhone, same problem–crashed the whole thing and now have inaccessible vera.

Any thoughts? I’m on an iPhone6 with latest OS.[/quote]

we would need more details to help. UI version, plugin version, how many device per iCloud account. also you can enable debug mode and share the logs so we can have a look.

Thanks amg. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can access the logs since I can’t get into the unit. I’m on UI5 using V1.93, if that is helpful. One iCloud acct. with 3 devices.

this is strange, I do not see how iPhonelocator could do this, unless maybe if you restart your unit while it is in the middle of creating or deleting new devices. the procedure is a little long and you do have to let VERA finish its job after one or two reboot and refresh browser.

I tried to repro on mine ( but I am on UI7 now ) but could not

to restore, you can try this procedure
a) log remotely into your unit using a putty or winscp ( user : root , pwd : your vera password )
b) go to /etc/cmh
c) look for files user_data* files like

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         76778 Jan 11 19:09 user_data.json.lzo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         76611 Jan 11 19:03 user_data.json.lzo.1
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         76508 Jan 11 18:54 user_data.json.lzo.2
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         76642 Jan 11 18:48 user_data.json.lzo.3
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         76151 Jan 11 18:33 user_data.json.lzo.4
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         76136 Jan 11 18:33 user_data.json.lzo.5

d) copy them locally to keep a safe copy
e) overwrite user_data.json.lzo by one of the user_data.json.lzo.nnn ( the .nnn files are older copies so hopefully, one of them is without corruption )

Thanks and. Will have to try at another time–too much real work to do right now…

FWIW, it’s very possible I have something about my phone/icloud set up incorrectly. My best guess is that I have an incorrect value entered and it’s causing issues with vera, but hard to troubleshoot when keeps freezing system!

I, too, have crashed my Veralite twice now working with the iPhone Locator app. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong, but one thing I’ve learned is to save and to not change too much while working in the app.

I also find that I can’t select the device in the iCloud list. I can see the phone and ipad, but it will not let me “select/move” it over to the next box. I have it working for 2 devices, but I cannot add the 3rd device which is under a different iCloud account.

[quote=“Kmitchel, post:8, topic:183894”]I, too, have crashed my Veralite twice now working with the iPhone Locator app. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong, but one thing I’ve learned is to save and to not change too much while working in the app.

I also find that I can’t select the device in the iCloud list. I can see the phone and ipad, but it will not let me “select/move” it over to the next box. I have it working for 2 devices, but I cannot add the 3rd device which is under a different iCloud account.[/quote]

Glad to hear it’s not just me! I’d like to get this up and working, but am afraid to try it again, given the 1wk turn around with vera support… I may push my luck and try again this weekend, now that my system is back up.

I think I recall seeing that you had to add another instance of the plug in for a different iCould acct–maybe someone else can confirm

Yes, I just crashed it AGAIN last night! I wasn’t able to select the device using IE11, so I tried using FireFox. It let me select the device and the crashed as soon as I hit the save button! I hadn’t changed anything else and didn’t do anything else different other than selecting the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing for me! I try to save my email and password, but my Vera crashes right after. I didn’t had time to restore since last weekend yet. The blue power light on the Vera blinks non stop (1 second on, 1 second off). Will need to restore…

Are you on UI7? Are you using a version >=1.95 ? There was a potential infinite loop on earlier version of plug in on ui7. Version appear in variable or lua.logs.
Otherwise I really need lua.logs to understand and try to help.
To restore you may want to try to log into the box via ssh and restore one of the earlier copy of user_data file or a reset factory and restore a backup.
I keep trying but cannot reproduce this here on either ui5 or ui7

Are you on UI7? Are you using a version >=1.95 ? There was a potential infinite loop on earlier version of plug in on ui7. Version appear in variable or lua.logs.
Otherwise I really need lua.logs to understand and try to help.
To restore you may want to try to log into the box via ssh and restore one of the earlier copy of user_data file or a reset factory and restore a backup.
I keep trying but cannot reproduce this here on either ui5 or ui7[/quote]
Nope, i’m still on UI 5. I don’t want to upgrade to UI 7. I don’t see the point of doing that since everything is fine with me on UI 5

OFTEN, (not always) when you install a plugin that is know to work … but it fails for you … the issue is you have run out of memory.
This is especially true for the Vera Lite … since it has half the memory of a Vera 3. (And worse of UI7 since the system seems to use more memory).

However, if a plugin uses Web Services and the Web takes a long time to respond (10s of seconds) than this can also cause Vera to restart.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:14, topic:183894”]OFTEN, (not always) when you install a plugin that is know to work … but it fails for you … the issue is you have run out of memory.
This is especially true for the Vera Lite … since it has half the memory of a Vera 3. (And worse of UI7 since the system seems to use more memory).

However, if a plugin uses Web Services and the Web takes a long time to respond (10s of seconds) than this can also cause Vera to restart.[/quote]

in the light of Richard’s comment, I propose you try this version which at least make sure the setMute() and refresh() UPnP actions are done asynchronously so that we are not hit by the 10s issue because indeed with the WS call to iCloud and then to Google we could be close to that limit.

hope this helps

[quote=“amg0, post:15, topic:183894”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:14, topic:183894”]OFTEN, (not always) when you install a plugin that is know to work … but it fails for you … the issue is you have run out of memory.

However, if a plugin uses Web Services and the Web takes a long time to respond (10s of seconds) than this can also cause Vera to restart.[/quote]

in the light of Richard’s comment, I propose you try this version which at least make sure the setMute() and refresh() UPnP actions are done asynchronously so that we are not hit by the 10s issue because indeed with the WS call to iCloud and then to Google we could be close to that limit.

hope this helps[/quote]

Last idea, if the crash happens at the time of changing settings in the Settings tab ( like Phone device, credentials etc ) then maybe my strategie for saving is too agressive. here is a JS version, that is less agressive ( but forces you to click the save button on the top right corner of UI5 in case you change something in the settings ). not sure how this behaves in UI7 though.

I did install this version from scratch ( from the App store, then I override with the files I have provided in the previous post + this one ) and it worked fine

[quote=“amg0, post:16, topic:183894”][quote=“amg0, post:15, topic:183894”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:14, topic:183894”]OFTEN, (not always) when you install a plugin that is know to work … but it fails for you … the issue is you have run out of memory.

hope this helps[/quote]

Last idea, if the crash happens at the time of changing settings in the Settings tab ( like Phone device, credentials etc ) then maybe my strategie for saving is too agressive. here is a JS version, that is less agressive ( but forces you to click the save button on the top right corner of UI5 in case you change something in the settings ). not sure how this behaves in UI7 though.

I did install this version from scratch ( from the App store, then I override with the files I have provided in the previous post + this one ) and it worked fine[/quote]

Sorry, I wasn’t there for the last couple of days. I will try it this next weekend. I’m away for job until friday.