Customizable Dashboard Pricing

@slelieveld I did not. This topic is about Ezlo Platform

I noticed that you started posting off topic about the old vera fw, thats why I was trying to bring the discussion back on topic, which is the Ezlo Platform and specifically dashboard pricing.

I think if its a good dashboard that sticks out and is the best out there i think 1 month free for testning and then 1-2ā‚¬ per month maximum. But then it must be Always development to improve it. Not everybody needs a dashboard but when you do it must work good. I have an iPad in the wall but rarley use it because i havet found a dashboard that fits me and works seemless with Vera and other stuff.

I think its good that you do a custumer research about the dashboard!!
/ Mattias

4 Likes

100% agreed.
looking forward to your feedback when we launch itā€¦lets make sure you will be happy with it.

melihLeader

5h

@slelieveld I did not. This topic is about Ezlo Platform

@ Melih, whish you were so active for your existing customers.

1 Like

I am.
building a whole new FW for them as well as a bridge (Bridge idea is in design phase fingers crossed we can)
I wish you recognized the good work and investment (that I donā€™t have to make) we are making on the old Vera fw users, who havenā€™t paid Ezlo any money! The monies they have paid was to the old company and used by the old company.

1 Like

Melih,

Thatā€™s the second time youā€™ve said this, and Iā€™m calling you out on it. That may literally be true for anyone who bought a Vera device before the acquisition, but as of the date you acquired Vera, all revenue from Vera product sales have been yours (18 months or so?). And that revenue has been used to offset the cost of developing your new firmware, as well as support the existing firmware and users. If that wasnā€™t a cost you were willing to accept, and you knew full well in advance that you could not use the existing firmware, then all you did was waste money buying the Vera company at all. Clearly there are more assets there to your benefit than your statement supports. And if thatā€™s not true, you made a poor business decision buying Vera and you should have just built your new firmware on your own.

17 Likes

to be fair if you burned all your customers with new boxes your new company wouldnā€™t have a very good reputation.

3 Likes

@rigpapa literally just said all the things Iā€™ve been thinking for the past week (or more)! THANK YOU!! :heart:

4 Likes

very minimal amount and happy to refund or replace those or even send them ezlo on top etc.
either way, anyone who has purchased before, my statement still stands.

In view of that, I would heartily support (perhaps even help promote) a 1:1 (or close**) ā€œBuybackā€ or ā€œTrade-Upā€ program when the time is right. Lots of tech companies (Amazon, OnePlus, etc.) are going in that direction to engage both existing and new customers, as well as stem the tide of e-waste globally.
I would certainly hate to see my raft of EOL Vera units wind up in the crusher after all the TLC theyā€™ve received at my hands, since 2010.

**especially if reverse-prorated by length of time as a Forum member!

So are all old platform users (Vera, Vera Plus, and Vera Secure) going to be given Ezlo hardware?
Will all of the the new Ezlo hardware require a subscription?
How long will the old platform be supported before its EOLā€™d and you will not longer be able to access via home.getvera.com?
I guess consumers will never win with not having subscription services. Itā€™s just the way of the world now.

1 Like

What is Veraā€™s user base? How many Vera units are out there?

i personally think the vera hardware is decentā€¦just needs a great FWā€¦which we are building.

1 Like

@melih What I dont get is why the name Vera is still alive then? If Ezlo is the way to go for you and Vera is so bad?

3 Likes

Hi,

As an smarthome integrator, our customers prefers to pay once, than each than monthly. In worse case once for 1 or 2 years as Imperihome do (12 euros /year).
Vera should have a better app enclosed in the price, (like Fibaro and othersā€¦). The Vera Plus isnĀ“t a cheap device, and maybe the Vera Edge should have an optional charge in price for a better app.

3 Likes

first of all Name and one aspect of the product namely Firmware are two different things. You are throwing the baby with the bath water with that question.

Secondly we donā€™t own Veraā€¦previous company we bought never did. Vera as a brand owned by some other companyā€¦just check vera.com getvera.com is the brand which i think is silly!..So building a business brand that someone else owns is not a good ideaā€¦so yes we are moving away to brands the company owns like ezlo.com and mios.com . Its a transitionā€¦it started.

2 Likes

So whoā€™s the other company that owns the Vera brand name?

i donā€™t know them. they had nothing to do with getvera.com they never had.
so it was a bad business decision in my view to build a product and call it a name that you donā€™t own.

Sidebar: Is the ezlo.com website being maintained? Dead links, inaccurate links, etc. Not a great impression if I were looking.

1 Like

I will not pay a monthly fee.

When I bought my first vera (I have three) I assumed the hardware and software worked.
I donā€™t see the updates to the firmware as something I should pay extra for, I see them as fixes to bugs/errors/problems with the firmware.
If the hardware broke I would expect it to be warranties and fixed or replaced at no cost to me.
Same with firmware. Itā€™s not my fault if a bug was not found before firmware is released, why should I have to pay for fixing it?

1 Like