DataYours Beta Test - VERSION 2

OK, thanks for that.

Couple of things. Is the .lua file posted a few posts back the same as the one in the fist post or do I need to update?
No, it's different. I'd recommend the latest Lua file and anything else pointed to by the first post of the thread, where I track the important updates.
Also just looking at setting up things to monitor. All a bit different but looks great. Could you give me quick example of setting up how to monitor a temperature every say 30 minutes fod an indefinate period?
Well, temperature is one of those things which I have preset rules for. You can actually see the rules in a more easily digestible format than reading the .conf files by visiting the URL [code] :3480/data_request?id=lr_dashboard2&page=schemas [/code] ...I must add a button to access this easily. So all you have to do is enable watching the variables you want and you're on your way. I'll post the default settings, but I think this is actually 10 minutes, for up to 10 years. Easy to change rules if you want something else, or remove them completely and manually set for each new variable (but I did that on the previous version and people didn't like it.)
Thanks again for this looks fab :-)
Well thanks, let's hope it works out OK for you. I'm trying my best.
No, it's different. I'd recommend the latest Lua file and anything else pointed to by the first post of the thread, where I track the important updates.

I have updated the .lua file from a few posts back but just FYI i cant see a reference to it in the first post of this thread unless i missed something?

10 minutes, for up to 10 years.
this would be ideal but cant see how to get it. i need to poke around a bit more. my goal to begin with is to create a monitor for say every ten minuets for 10 year period lets say, and for the data collected each ten minutes to be plotted on a graph.

I have deleted the created file when i watch a device so i can start from scratch. when i select ‘watch’ it gives me those options and I have to select something to watch the device time wise - but you say there is a pre-set? hmm i need to poke around a bit but any pointers would be great.

sory to come a cross as so “new” to all this.

It looks like you’ve not copied the two storage configuration files to your Whisper database directory? In which case, unable to find any rules, the option to configure it manually is shown.

The rule, if present, would give “10m:7d, 1h:30d, 3h:1y, 1d:10y”, so you need to select 10 minutes in the weekly archive, one hour in the monthly, three hours in yearly, and one day for a decade. The aggregation function to use is “average”.

It looks like you've not copied the two storage configuration files to your Whisper database directory? In which case, unable to find any rules, the option to configure it manually is shown.

okay so yes thinks so - I had added all three to /www but no have 2 file sin my nas and the config that needs editing in the /www

just reboting all to see if this helps.

The rule, if present, would give "10m:7d, 1h:30d, 3h:1y, 1d:10y", so you need to select 10 minutes in the weekly archive, one hour in the monthly, three hours in yearly, and one day for a decade. The aggregation function to use is "average".

okay great will check this in a moment. thanks again.

EDIT:

okay so i deleted the file in the nas to reset things for the temp device. this time when i watched it i was not asked to select variables and the graph looks different so this looks good. i guess i now need to wait ten minutes and then should find it gets populated. the default is every 10 minutes for ten years right?

hmmm okay no data being populated. also configuration page seems to have no icons? do i add the .png to the nas?

No, the icons go on the Vera in [tt]/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/[/tt]

no data being populated.

Did you press the large button saying “watch” ?
Did you get a positive confirmation status line when you did this?

What does the configuration page link for DataWatcher tell you? (ie. does it think it is watching anything?)
ditto DataCache? (ie. does it think it’s storing anything?)

okay got ikons from 2nd thread - still missing one i think? See attached screen shot.

Did you press the large button saying "watch" ?
yes
Did you get a positive confirmation status line when you did this?
no i dont think i did - will try it again and confirm but answere is no for now.
What does the configuration page link for DataWatcher tell you? (ie. does it think it is watching anything?) ditto DataCache? (ie. does it think it's storing anything?)

as per attachment - the page is blank using chrome?

All the icons here: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,25800.msg184080.html#msg184080]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,25800.msg184080.html#msg184080[/url], you’re missing DataDash.

Try the latest DataDaemon2.lua (attached). I’m not running the same version as you.

hi - firstly thank you for your help - i really appreciate it.

so all icons now showing - great stuff.

updated to the file you provided - thank you.

I have deleted and re added the watched node again and i get the massive button stating do i want to watch this - i click it but then nothing. I do however get it then listed under my wiser tab though. still no populating any where though :frowning:

You DO have the appropriate ‘require’ statements in Lua Startup for all of DataWatcher2, DataCache2, DataGraph2 and DataDaemon2 ?

Clicking on those icon buttons on the configuration page should:

[ol][li]produce a configuration listing in the frame below, or, …[/li]
[li]… generate an error saying “No Handler”[/li][/ol]

Just a blank screen is simply not an option!
Which ones work?

Hi,

Non of them work - each one shows a blank page :frowning:

I have the below:

require “L_DataWatcher2”
require “L_DataCache2”
require “L_DataGraph2”
require “L_DataDash2”

Under the code for cifs

EDIT; arrr you have DataDaemon2 i have DataDash2 - i will swap and see what happens

:frowning: indeed - what IS it that makes everyone else’s system work differently from mine? Perhaps it’s just a Vera feature.

Sanity check:

[ol][li]your Whisper directory has, indeed, files for the variables you wanted to watch[/li]
[li]from a browser [tt]:3480/data_request?id=lr_DataDash2&page=config[/tt] produces what?[/li]
[li]and how about [tt]:3480/data_request?id=lr_DataWatcher2&page=config[/tt] ?[/li]
[li]or, indeed, [tt]:3480/data_request?id=lr_DataCache2&page=config[/tt] ?[/li][/ol]

These are the reports that the configuration page links are supposed to access. DataDash2 itself HAS to be running otherwise you would see the home or configuration pages at all, so I cannot for the life of me see why it won’t show you its configuration page.

Okay ? agreed ? sanity check time.

So?

I have uploaded the following luup files and done the vera dance:

Dmdbserver2
L_datacach2
Datadeamon2
Datadash2
Datagraph2
Datawatcher2
Whisper2

I have added the below code to my startup LUA:

[code]-- cifs mount for use during startup
@akbooer 2014-04-23

local function df ()
local info
local p = io.popen (“df”,‘r’)
if p then info = p:read “*a”; p:close () end
return info
end

function cifsmount (x)
local function log (msg) luup.log ((“cifsmount: ‘%s’ %s”): format (x.device or ‘?’, msg)) end
local df = df ()
if df: find (x.device, 1, true) then
log “already mounted”
else
local cmd = (“mount -t cifs -o user=%s,pass=%s,nounix,noserverino %s %s”): format (x.user, x.pass, x.device, x.directory)
local ok, term, status = os.execute (cmd)
log ("mounted status: "…tostring(status))
if ok
then log ("mounted OK: "…tostring(ok))
elseif x.retry then luup.call_delay (“cifsmount”, 60 * x.retry)
else log “failed to mount”
end
end
end

local device = “///veralogs”
local directory = “/nas”
local user = “USER”
local pass = “PASSWORD”

– optional retry gives interval in minutes to retry failed mount attempt
cifsmount {user=“USER”, pass=“PASSWORD”, device=“/veralogs”, directory=“/nas”, retry=“30”}

require “L_DataWatcher2”
require “L_DataCache2”
require “L_DataGraph2”
require “L_DataDaemon2”
require “L_DataDash2[/code]”

I have the carbon.conf file in the /www location on vera with line 31 changed to:

LOCAL_DATA_DIR = /nas

I have added:

Storage-agregation.conf
Storageschemas.conf

To:

<my wibndows 7 share location that is mounted to the /nas> /veralogs (here files from datayours2 get added also if I watch a device so I know the share is working.

I can dl to check share mount and all works.

I have added Icons.

No Lua errors are seen in vera. All systems have been rebooted.

1. your Whisper directory has, indeed, files for the variables you wanted to watch
    a. when I add a device to be watched a file is created in /veralogs which is on the ciffs store (a w7 pc in my case)

2. from a browser :3480/data_request?id=lr_DataDash2&page=config produces what?
    a. I get ?DataDash2 CONFIGURATION at Sun Jul 13 14:51:29 2014 [?]?

3. and how about :3480/data_request?id=lr_DataWatcher2&page=config ?
    a. here I get ?Unknown request: page=config ??

4. or, indeed, :3480/data_request?id=lr_DataCache2&page=config ?
    a. here I just get a blank page?

Great stuff. Appreciate the effort.

This

LOCAL_DATA_DIR = /nas

Should be

LOCAL_DATA_DIR = /nas/

Does this change anything?

The result of the config pages I will look into further.

Nope no change? I had tried both already. :frowning:

What browser are you using. I am using chrome and just noticed the config page does have text but it is way off to the right?

In IE it is there but just line after line so difficult to read.

Okay - Firefox makes each page on the configuration page show text that is viewable and readable. will have a review of content now.

So issue now is simply I do not seem to be getting data recorded into a graph. have I missed step?

Quick though - I log to USB - this must be the issue right? i need to change a path some place in datayours2 to get data from the usb not vera - right? if so how?

Can you PM me the readable config pages you got from Firefox? For each of the daemons. It should show which variables are being watched, logged, any errors, critical parameters…

Everything accesses the storage directory through the Vera mount point. If it works for one, it should work for all.

I use Firefox and Safari. I try to avoid IE. I don’t have Chrome. Perhaps I should try them.

got details for you but how to attached to pm? humpffffff…

Edit: Sent in plain text…

Yes, that’s the only way with PMs. The config info shows that DataWatcher has not registered any variables to watch. You might try clicking the relevant watch link in the pop up menus of the individual device variable page for the appropriate devices (from the Device button on the home page.)