Device included Secure or non-Secure?

Is there a way to determine if a device is included either as secure or non-secure? I’ve looked at the configuration log file and believe the information is there but I haven’t found a reference to interpret the data :frowning:

On the same subject, to include a device that is capable of secure inclusion as non-secure I’ve read one must include it with the Vera not within radio distance (forcing a hop). Or is there another criteria?

Thanks

I am confused about this as well, the instructions for my ZOOZ Z-WAVE PLUS SMART PLUG ZEN06 have a different pairing procedure for secure inclusion but they state to keep the device as close as possible when including as secure. The instructions also state to put the controller in the “secure pairing mode” - but there is no such thing in Vera. I have 2 of these and included one secure and the other non secure, so far I cant tell any difference. I have noticed that neither one shows up in the Zwave Routes in ALTUI, is this because it is a Z-WAVE PLUS device?

I think you should check under device, select the device you wish, click on Advanced, select the Variable tab and look at the NodeInfo.
If you see some 'S’es, then your device is secure-included.