Devices randomly lose connection

I installed a VERA at my in-laws house and devices will randomly go off line and come back on line hours later. They are all within range and there is no pattern when they go off line. Any suggestions?

Please let us know which model Vera and the firmware version itā€™s running.

VeraPlus / Firmware: 1.7.4443 and the Application Version is 2.720.1204.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dennis

When you say go offline do you see a message saying ā€˜canā€™t detect deviceā€™? Iā€™ve started getting this again recently

It says ā€œ1 Device is no longer connectedā€!

It is is random. It can be a motion one day and the camera the next dayā€¦ BUT never a door sensor.

do you mostly have battery operated devices? How is the camera connected?

to be hones seems like a zigbee chip firmware issue

I will have to see what the motions are but the camera is a vista cam by Vera that is POE.

I have a VERA secure in my condo in Mexico with 3 times the number of devices and knock on wood, it has been rock solid. Not sure why the VERA plus has been unstable for me at my in lawā€™s house.

what firmware // try upgrading to the beta You are running the latest version 1.7.4453

its been rock solid for me on the plus - zwzve version Version: 6.1 L:1

How do I check the zwzve version?

Bumping this up and do devices have firmware? Or only the head end/controller?

All devices have a microcontroller and firmware. The Z-Wave version running on Vera may be found under Settingsā€“> Z-Wave Settings. The version is listed at the top of the Option tab. Device will usually report the firmware version back to the controller and this information is stored with each device. Deviceā€”> Advancedā€”> Variableā€”> VersionInfo. The version may not be easy to determine from the value in VersionInfo.

1 Like

Iā€™m also getting random device disconnects after the new firmware on a VeraSecure. Mostly the front door lock (Zwave), and one of the 20 security windows sensors (Veralink)

1 Like

for the lock try disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds the reconnecting same with the sensor, i have that issue some time ago with my schlede doorlock after i added a sensor to the network and taking out the battery on both fixed it for me or u could have a dead z-wave node u may need to a heal

This has happened to me ever since moving to UI7 years ago and across the various devices I have owned. I even got a vera secure for my brother in law and it happens to him.

Usually a few times a year, once enough devices are off, I get annoyed enough to walk around, re-pair, fix my scenes etc etc It is really annoying.

http://vera ip:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=1&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1&action=HealNetwork&BatteryMinutes=&Node=&StressCycles=&Configure=&ManualRoute=&StartStage=&StopStage=

try healing your zwave network

How do you that?

http://vera ip:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=1&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1&action=HealNetwork&BatteryMinutes=&Node=&StressCycles=&Configure=&ManualRoute=&StartStage=&StopStage=

I just ran the urlā€“not sure how it works, but I guess weā€™ll see.