Disable local login

I upgraded to ui7 a while back and whenever I log in locally I have to enter in a username and password through the browser. (Not home.getvera.com). I recently changed my vera password but this login is still asking for my old password. I’d like to disable it all together, but can’t seem to find a setting. Is this just a carryover from ui5? Thanks for any insights.

Old thread but the problem description is spot on so I am using it.

Hi - I just rolled the dice and upgraded from UI5 to UI7 (vera3, 1.7.987) and am now having this same problem. It seems like the Vera still wants its legacy password from the UI5 days. The problem is that when you first browse to the home.getvera.com site, and it tries to load the local Vera portal page (but can’t because the credentials don’t match) the Chrome browser doesn’t let the legacy UI5 password popup stay on the screen long enough and kills it. Sometimes it ends up in a loop where it keeps killing the popup, retrying the page, etc.

To login I instead have to first manually browse to the Vera’s local IP address, enter the legacy password when prompted, then browse to home.getvera.com, enter the UI7 password, then the UI7 portal transfers control to the local IP address and I am authenticated locally on the Vera3 with what I assume is some combination of the local credentials and the UI7 portal ones. I have to do this every morning and it’s getting a bit old.

Some guidance on how this all works and how I can sync up my local unit’s credentials with the UI7 portal credentials (if my understanding of the problem is correct) would be appreciated. Or what am I missing.

Thanks

Delete your UI5 account!

If I recall, you have to create a new UI7 account and add your controller. You old UI5 credentials you cannot use.

Thanks for the replies - I did set up a UI7 account, add my controller, and that part of it works fine, see the first bullet below.

I haven’t seen anywhere that it tells me to delete my UI5 account - would be interested to see something official on that.
I am worried that if I do that I won’t be able to get into the unit at all.

Here’s a reword of the issue that I just wrote up for Vera support, their initial response suggests that they don’t understand the problem, which means I didn’t explain it well enough.

• I can connect to https://home.getvera.com ok and see my controller listed along with the local temperature, and it says Connection OK.
  • I click on the green Connect button.
  • It says “Trying direct connection…” in a blue bar for 2 seconds, then the browser pops up a user name + password prompt for the Vera3’s local IP address.
  • This pop up only stays up for 2-3 seconds, too short to type anything in
  • the browser redirects to vera-us-oen-relay31.mios.com/www/… and it only shows me the menu on the right, and the temperature/weather in the upper left.
  • then I am stuck, nothing works.

However:

• if I browse manually to the local Vera3 IP address, http://192.168.xx.xx/cmh/?lang_code=en#devices,
  • i get prompted by the browser for the user name and password
  • I enter my user name ‘bobk’ (same user name between UI5 and UI7) and my old UI5 password (different from my UI7 password), then it will let me into the full GUI and I can see all my devices and scenes
  • if I then try home.getvera.com again, it works without prompting for user name and password

@bobk,

This is indeed a reminiscence from UI5 secure system. Please log a ticket with the CC team (see my signature), and this will be sorted easily.

Thank you for your response. As mentioned I have already contacted support, and am awaiting another reply.