DIY

I have been working on a Pool control system utilizing a combination of Z-wave and Insteon using fba’s Altsteon implementation. It is not complete yet, but theoretically it should work. It should provide control for pool actuator valves using an Insteon EZ-Flora sprinkler control, and On & Off control as well as speed control utilizing Insteon IO linc relays for a Hayward Ecostar Varible speed pump. Incorporated is an existing Hayward Solar controller which will interact as a relay to the variable speed pump to ramp the speed up with solar heating. I know others may like to know of working alternatives to expensive proprietary pool controls that can be integrated to their existing home controller such as Vera. The only thing I haven’t figured out is how to get temperature monitoring/triggering for the pool. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. It would be nice to tie into the existing solar and water temp sensors connected to my solar controller.

I’ll be following this…

A bit off topic, but what actuators do you use?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

You may use temp sensor attached to Fibaro door/window sensor (1st model, I’m not sure if 2nd revision allows you to attach external temp sensor).
Or use binary sensor (probably through relay) if your existing sensor works in a way that it closes or opens some circuit when it reaches certain temperature.