Does not update the screen properly.

Down loaded the latest version to my iPad3 running the latest iOS version.

When operating a dimmer from the app, the display for the dimmer in the app does not immediately reflect the current status of the device. In other words, if I turn the dimmer off from the app, the app icon still shows the dimmer as on (even though the device did in fact turn off). Adjusting dim levels has same result. Only when I leave the device screen and then come back does the device display show an accurate representation.

Even Vera’s stock iOS app works better than this.

-TC

TC1 - There appears to be a mios connectivity issue this morning related to Vera’s server upgrade last night. It appears to be affecting most/all third party apps.

When this issue is resolved, it should resolve your issue. If it doesn’t please let me know and we’ll fix it. What you describe is not normal behavior for the app, and device state changes should be displayed within 5 seconds or 7 seconds on a cell connection.

thanks for letting me know about the issue,

-Mark

Nope, the response on the iPad screen is still laggy, I am connecting on my local LAN. I can click a dimmer switch on and off from the app and the display gets confused and out of sync. Like I said, I can use MCV’s iOS app and it doesn’t do this.

Also just noticed the weather display on the main panel is inaccurate… says 76F and sunny. Ummm… I have Hurricane Arthur on top of us right now. And yes, all of my correct geo location info has been setup on my Vera a long time ago. The Weather Underground plugin currently says 69F and rain outside.

I also just noticed your privacy policy, so you’re basically logging everything I do with the app and enumerating all my devices.

And in conclusion, Vera ran some kind of special promotion on their Facebook page for the first 25 users to click a link, and down load this app to receive it. Did that, installed, only to find out this is trialware. That’s a bait and switch.

Based on all these things, uninstalling the app. Best of luck and I hope the app improves.

-TC

TC1 - we are sorry our latest release did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and will continue our efforts to respond to input like yours …so thank you.

I noticed you also had some thoughts on the recent promotion by Vera. A clarification that you might find helpful, Vera originally offered a free App Upgrade to the first 25 Vera users that responded and they decided to expand it to over 45 Vera users, due to the high response. Just prior to your post here today, Vera posted the names of all the winners on their Facebook page and asked those winners for some additional info so SimpleWave can activate the 1 Year Premium Service. You may want to check that page for more details. We hoped our standard 14 Day Trial for the Premium Service would bridge the gap, but it sounds like it may not have been clear enough. Sorry if this was confusing.

Thanks for your patience. We really appreciate it.