DSC Alarm System plugin

Hi all,
Thanks for all the info posted. Its been a big help getting going.
I’ve got my dsc zones and vera working together but, when I enter any number in for the smoke sensors (I have 2) the server busy message comes up, opening i/o comes up, and this repeats over and over. I assume its searching for the smoke sensors and can’t find them.

I asked the alarm guy about the smoke sensors hook up and he said ‘Smoke detectors are not part of the zone configuration. They are connected to the AUX + and to the PGM2 terminals. They, by code, are armed all of the time. You cannot arm/disarm smoke detectors, so they work 24/7.’

So… how do I get the smoke sensors integrated/recognized?
Thanks!

[quote=“rws, post:141, topic:167215”]Hi all,
I’ve got my dsc zones and vera working together but, when I enter any number in for the smoke sensors (I have 2) the server busy message comes up, opening i/o comes up, and this repeats over and over. I assume its searching for the smoke sensors and can’t find them.

I asked the alarm guy about the smoke sensors hook up and he said ‘Smoke detectors are not part of the zone configuration. They are connected to the AUX + and to the PGM2 terminals. They, by code, are armed all of the time. You cannot arm/disarm smoke detectors, so they work 24/7.’

Thanks![/quote] That’s true about the smokes being armed all the time, but they still should have a zone number and a special zone definition that tells the system that they are smokes, so as to keep them armed all the time. For hard wired ones, the zone definition is 08, and wireless its 88. if you have a programming manual, then its covered in section 5!

Did you use the new V2 plugin linked in the setup guide on code.mios.com? (my link several posts back).

Are you sure you have the zone number for the smokes correct? You would need to enter the correct number, not just “any” number as you mentioned above. I assume they are both wired to the same PGM, and therefore they are probably configured as one zone!

I used the version from mios market place looks to be v. .9?
When I go tothe alarm panel and access zones here’s what I get
Zone 1 Entry Door
Zone 2 Garage
Zone 3 Dining Windows
Zone 4 Guest Bed windows
Zone 5 Den Windows
Zone 6 MBR windows
Zone 7 M bath windows
Zone 8 Lanai Doors
Zone 9 Motion sensor

I’m in process of getting a manual sent.
thanks again.

Hey Strangely,

Ok, I’ll try it tonight. I’m fighting a damn cold, so a bit under the weather. Now, can I just upload the new files and power cycle Vera or do I have to remove the config and ssh into Vera and remove the files?

[quote=“strangely, post:137, topic:167215”]@computerjohn, @TimAlls, and anyone else that may have installed the previous versions:

@guessed has updated the plug-in as part of the V2 standardization. It would be good if you could all update to the latest version and provide some feedback.

I’ve been using it for 2 or 3 weeks and it works great for me!

Setup (still needs some work) and files contained here:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel[/quote]

@rws,

If you can, then I recommend that you uninstall it, and use the one that I linked several version back:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

The one from the MiOS place has a few problems, namely:

PIN codes will be included in your logs, and therefor sent to MCV’s servers.
Notifications don’t work.

You can also grab the programming manual here:
http://download.homesecuritystore.com/downloadmanual.aspx?FileName=POWERSERIES-PC1832_Ref.pdf

[quote=“computerjohn, post:144, topic:167215”]Hey Strangely,

Ok, I’ll try it tonight. I’m fighting a damn cold, so a bit under the weather. Now, can I just upload the new files and power cycle Vera or do I have to remove the config and ssh into Vera and remove the files?[/quote]

Sorry but you’ll need to remove it all as there’s a bunch of stuff contained in the user data, json files within vera that will most likely not play nice.
So uninstall, restart the MiOS engine, and then add the new files and recreate etc!

Your best bet is to make a backup first, and if anything goes wrong… such as a latent bug (perhaps exposed by your specific config), or user error :wink: then at least you have a working configuration to go back to!

[quote=“strangely, post:142, topic:167215”][quote=“rws, post:141, topic:167215”]Hi all,

Thanks![/quote] That’s true about the smokes being armed all the time, but they still should have a zone number and a special zone definition that tells the system that they are smokes, so as to keep them armed all the time. For hard wired ones, the zone definition is 08, and wireless its 88. if you have a programming manual, then its covered in section 5!

Did you use the new V2 plugin linked in the setup guide on code.mios.com? (my link several posts back).

Are you sure you have the zone number for the smokes correct? You would need to enter the correct number, not just “any” number as you mentioned above. I assume they are both wired to the same PGM, and therefore they are probably configured as one zone![/quote] Got the new version installed. Everything seems to work well but it still can’t find smokes. I put in 08 for smokes (there are 2) and the program doesn’t run endlessly like it did if I entered 1 or 1,2 but still nothing shows up as far as smoke detectors.
Also, i have renamed the zones on the UI4 but as soon as I opne or close a zone they revert back to Zone 1 Zone 2 etc. Any way to get the zone names to stay changed on the UI4 interface?
Thanks again

Plugged in "F’ for smoke zone ‘number’ and it created Zone F .

Grrrr… :frowning: Ok, I’m home sick today, so I’ll give it a try today. Do I have to delete the files via SSH as well or will it overwrite?

Thanks Buddy,

John

[quote=“strangely, post:146, topic:167215”][quote=“computerjohn, post:144, topic:167215”]Hey Strangely,

Ok, I’ll try it tonight. I’m fighting a damn cold, so a bit under the weather. Now, can I just upload the new files and power cycle Vera or do I have to remove the config and ssh into Vera and remove the files?[/quote]

Sorry but you’ll need to remove it all as there’s a bunch of stuff contained in the user data, json files within vera that will most likely not play nice.
So uninstall, restart the MiOS engine, and then add the new files and recreate etc!

Your best bet is to make a backup first, and if anything goes wrong… such as a latent bug (perhaps exposed by your specific config), or user error :wink: then at least you have a working configuration to go back to![/quote]

Ok, I removed the devices & deleted the plugin files via SSH just to be sure. Just add the additional zones & waiting for Vera to start back up so I can test it.

So far so good… Remote arming is working & each zone show movement when tripped. What were the changes made & are they visible or just the scenes in coding?

Yehhhhhhh!
Upgraded to firmware …1234…no problems yet.
Deleted old Alarm files
Added new Alarm files
Setup new device
copy and pasted XML names into slots as instructed
Added more doors
Added a motion sensor
All is well so far.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Thanks!
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

I forget now, mostly V2 standardization, updates to the arming/control screens, along with a sprinkle of new error / status messages, that can be displayed in the top corner of the dashboard.
… Oh and you can now set the time again!

@guessed would know for sure if there was anything really different, but I know it was a lot of work!

[quote=“rws, post:147, topic:167215”]Got the new version installed. Everything seems to work well but it still can’t find smokes. I put in 08 for smokes (there are 2) and the program doesn’t run endlessly like it did if I entered 1 or 1,2 but still nothing shows up as far as smoke detectors.
Also, i have renamed the zones on the UI4 but as soon as I opne or close a zone they revert back to Zone 1 Zone 2 etc. Any way to get the zone names to stay changed on the UI4 interface?
Thanks again[/quote]
I just tried to rename mine to something else, and it does revert back to what I stored on the panel itself.

Zone 1 etc is the default name thats stored, and because the plugin reads these every time it starts (like after you rename and save), it then pulls the real name again. The dashboard then updates the next time a change occurs like you refresh etc.

Reviving the thread for an update and question…
I have been running for over a week with the new plugin and all is well!
I noticed today when i was accessing the system that we had an AC power failure over the weekend and the alarm picked it up and displayed it in the upper right hand box.
Question
How can I trigger and event so that power failures are recoded into MIOS for reference?
This would be good information to know.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Normally this is what the VendorCode support is for and there is some good and bad news here.

The bad news is that these don’t currently work with Partition level codes, and AC power loss is one of them (code 802). In fact you just reminded me about this as I was supposed to raise a ticket for it.

The good news, that they do work for Panel level codes, and so you could create one for the trouble light being illuminated (840) which will work.
You won’t know that its definitely an AC trouble, but at least it can alert you that something is wrong generally (e.g, phone line if used, AC loss, battery low, etc etc)

[ul][li]Create a scene[/li]
[li]Add an event[/li]
[li]Select the alarm parent device[/li]
[li]in the drop down select “Vendor Status Code”[/li]
[li]Input 840 as the “Code” and something descriptive for the “Name of Event”[/li]
[li]Click Somewhere outside of these dialog boxes, you will then see the notification selections appear[/li]
[li]Select your user and then save[/li][/ul]

You should now get an notification for anything that throws the trouble light on.

That’s good enough for me…and no code to write!
Thanks again…
Regards,
Tim

[quote=“rws, post:147, topic:167215”]Also, i have renamed the zones on the UI4 but as soon as I opne or close a zone they revert back to Zone 1 Zone 2 etc. Any way to get the zone names to stay changed on the UI4 interface?
Thanks again[/quote]

@rws

Can you try to do a label broadcast from the keypad that your labels were programmed from (assuming you have more than one) by entering the following:
*8[Installer code]998

I’d like to know if this fixes your Zone label issue where they revert to “Zone 1”… etc.
After doing this, you will need to restart the engine using the refresh icon in the dashboard, followed by a browser refresh or a zone trip.

[quote=“strangely, post:158, topic:167215”][quote=“rws, post:147, topic:167215”]Also, i have renamed the zones on the UI4 but as soon as I opne or close a zone they revert back to Zone 1 Zone 2 etc. Any way to get the zone names to stay changed on the UI4 interface?
Thanks again[/quote]

@rws

Can you try to do a label broadcast from the keypad that your labels were programmed from (assuming you have more than one) by entering the following:
*8[Installer code]998

I’d like to know if this fixes your Zone label issue where they revert to “Zone 1”… etc.
After doing this, you will need to restart the engine using the refresh icon in the dashboard, followed by a browser refresh or a zone trip.[/quote] Won’t be back there for a month but will give it a try then and let you know.

I’m having some major issues. Started last night, on the dashboard it stated “DSC Startup Lua Failed”. So, I tried to power cycling Vera, DSC panel with IT-100 interface & WIZnet. Still same problem. I changed a description of one of my switches & told it to save & the error went away & was communicating with Vera once again.

I set the alarm this morning, still fine & Vera notified me it was armed. Got home a little while ago & notified me again that it disarmed. Then all hell broke loose. One text told me alarmed armed “which it wasn’t”, then received 5 other texts within 7min alarm disarmed. Now the dashboard is stating “DSC Startup Lua Failed” again. What the heck is going on???

I had no issues with the other plug-in. It is the plug-in or Vera? I had another weird text at 6:20am that my pump in my 29gal fish tank turned off & then at 6:36am my pump in my 29gal fish tank turned on. It’s suppost to be on all the time.

Any ideas???