DSC Alarm System plugin

Do you have any scenes that do the arming or disarming, perhaps any that are based on schedules?

The notifications at the moment are not reliable anyway, so I would not count that. However, regarding the plug-in failing to run, I get this occasionally, and its normally the result of the LuaUpnP process restarting itself due to a watchdog or something else. I also get random plugin failures with a few of my other RS232 devices, and so I don’t think its the DSC plugin to blame here!

I’m currently trying to MCV to look into this also.

Do you have Verbose logging turned on by chance?

That’s the odd thing, no I don’t have any scenes arming or disarming. As for the notification, is that a plug-in or Vera issue?

Verbose logging turned on? I do have some logging, but I don’t think I have the detail one on. I’ll have to double check…

[quote=“strangely, post:161, topic:167215”]Do you have any scenes that do the arming or disarming, perhaps any that are based on schedules?

The notifications at the moment are not reliable anyway, so I would not count that. However, regarding the plug-in failing to run, I get this occasionally, and its normally the result of the LuaUpnP process restarting itself due to a watchdog or something else. I also get random plugin failures with a few of my other RS232 devices, and so I don’t think its the DSC plugin to blame here!

I’m currently trying to MCV to look into this also.

Do you have Verbose logging turned on by chance?[/quote]

I added the notification to my system for the trouble light but my Email quickly started to fill up with notice after notice! Is there a way for it to send it out once?
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Sounds like you maybe having some troubles :slight_smile:
On a serious note, are you having something else going on that maybe triggering the Trouble code, or was it that power was lost for a while and it kept sending it repeatably until it was restored? My guess is that the panel sends out the same code at set intervals until its cleared perhaps.

I’ll try it on mine over the weekend and see if I can see the same behavior.

No…no trouble here…just having fun with all these cool boys toys!
I left the trouble light on as a test because if I am away this is exactly what will be going out on the system. I think you are right…the notifications went out on a timed interval. I will check and see if there are any programming options as far as broadcasting. Does the Plugin Code generate an event everytime the message is recieved? One way to do it is to trigger events when the trouble light changes it’s state…
What do you think?
Regards
Tim

My guess is that the panel keeps sending it until it clears. I’ll tail the log over the weekend with the trouble active and see if this is corroborated.

If this is true, then I doubt there will be any programming options to change this in the panel.

I will tie into the serial stream today and read it straight from the IT100
I will report back tonight with my findings.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

The problem turns out to be more complicated…the system messages must be repeated when a zone is tripped…With notification of a System Event is on the message repeats every hour or so but when zones are tripped I get messages for both zone tripped and system error#…I still need to look at the raw serial stream to validate…more to come.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

You can see the Raw versions of these float by if you “[tt]tail -f LuaUPnP.log[/tt]” from within Vera with Verbose logging enabled.

With the Beta versions of the DSC Alarm Plugin, you should be running with Verbose Logging anyhow, just in case something goes amiss and it needs to be debugged.

Thanks,
I do have logging enable for the reasons you mentioned…
I will take a look. So far this is the only issue I have had and it really is a minor thing.
I am still on .1234 but with no door locks and ZWave running secondary so I don’t run into many problems.
I have never looked at the Logs before…under a Windows machine do I need to download a program to link me to the console?
Also…I was going through the code for the plugin…over a thousand lines of code…wow! Made me think though, is this considered P Code that requires a lot of overhead to run like Basic? No compiled C code, DLLs or such for Vera? This is not my area of expertise but if one has 4 or 5 plugins running doesn’t it bottle neck Vera?
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

It’s more about how much they do, how “active” they are, than how big the codebase is - although memory is limited so there’s an ultimately limit to how many plugins that can be put in memory at the same time.

That said, I have the following Plugins running in my system:
a) 2x Alarm Systems (Paradox and DSC)
b) 2x SQBlaster drivers
c) 1x SQController driver (with it’s own 2x Blaster drivers)
d) ~10 IR Plugins
e) 1x DirecTV Plugin
f) 1x Panasonic Plugin
g) 1x HDMI-CEC Plugins

again, most of these arent “active” in what they do, or the IO they handle, so things generally just tick along.

The DSC code is largely a set of jump-tables. So for any given message that comes in, there’s not that much code in the code-path that gets executed.

I see more [large] CPU spikes on my box from the log compression and other “background” maintenance stuff. Most of my plugins are really just blocked for IO, only to wake for a short time before going back to sleep again.

The Brultech will eventually challenge that, or I’ll have to reset it to present it’s data ~1m instead of ~1s

I’ve installed and configured the new plugin as described here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

All of my Zones are created properly, and they trigger as expected as I walk through the house and open/close doors. So, I know communication with the panel is working. I have 2 problems I was hoping someone could help with.

First, whenever I try to set EnableRemoteArm to “stay” (as described in the Trac page) I get the error “EnableRemoteArm parameter must be either blank, false or a value from the wiki…”. For now, I’ve set it to “arm” and it’s accepted it. Has anyone else seen this?

Secondly, I don’t seem to be able to control the panel. On partition 1, when I select the PIN Options dropdown, type in my PIN, and hit Arm, nothing at all happens. I remember reading with the old DSC plugin you had the add “00” to the end of 4 digit PINs. Is that still the case? Either way, I don’t imagine away arming should require the PIN. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-A

The wiki page is incorrect. “stay” is not an accepted value (it’s a clone of the Paradox Wiki page, where it does support that value… but not for much longer)

The codebase now “pads” with 0’s, if more digits are required. This is the config that I run in, so that part is definitely working.

@strangely may have a better idea on why it’s not arming though.

I am new to logging…documentation say the password to the console is on the back of the VeraII…The only password is the WIFI password…are they the same?
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Yes. It doesn’t work ?

and if you haven’t done it before, and would rather a browser-interface, the newer MiOS Revs have this:

http://192.168.x.xxx/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

it’ll display “in-browser” and scroll by as the log output is produced. Not sure when it was introduced, since it’s not formally documented (etc)

No it doesn’t…but Guessed method works…
Thanks!
Tim

[quote=“guessed, post:173, topic:167215”]The wiki page is incorrect. “stay” is not an accepted value (it’s a clone of the Paradox Wiki page, where it does support that value… but not for much longer)
@strangely may have a better idea on why it’s not arming though.[/quote]

Now although I plagiarized a lot, I don’t think this was something from your Paradox wiki page (I think this was added from email information)

@Ambrotos,

Can you try disarm and see if that works?

[quote=“guessed, post:176, topic:167215”]and if you haven’t done it before, and would rather a browser-interface, the newer MiOS Revs have this:

http://192.168.x.xxx/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

it’ll display “in-browser” and scroll by as the log output is produced. Not sure when it was introduced, since it’s not formally documented (etc)[/quote]

WOW! Works perfectly! Thanks guessed.

[quote=“strangely, post:178, topic:167215”][quote=“guessed, post:173, topic:167215”]The wiki page is incorrect. “stay” is not an accepted value (it’s a clone of the Paradox Wiki page, where it does support that value… but not for much longer)
@strangely may have a better idea on why it’s not arming though.[/quote]

Now although I plagiarized a lot, I don’t think this was something from your Paradox wiki page (I think this was added from email information)[/quote]

;D, sorry about that. I thought you’d copied that also. I nuked that parameter-mode a long-long time ago due to problems in supporting it on the DSC Panel, esp once we moved to more modes than just [tt]Stay[/tt] and [tt]Arm[/tt]. I must have forgotten to send you a PM on that one (I changed a lot in this code)