DSC Alarm w/IT-100

Can any provide straightforward easy setup instructions for the DSC Alarm? I am using the IT100. I tried to access the download from code.MIOS… but can’t seem to figure out how to register on their site to receive the download

I would not use the IT100, I used the evl4 by Envisalink. You wire it to the keybus and it links into Vera by IP address. Its faily straight forward and my has been work great.

I have been using Vera 3 for at least 5 years now untouched. It was upgraded to UI5 a long time ago. Around April 24 my Vera suddenly became corrupted (device names gone, rooms gone, scenes gone, alarm panel gone, no remote connections). I managed to update it to UI7 and all is working now…I just have to name devices, add rooms, scenes, and my alarm panel. I have been using the IT-100 for years and forgot how to set it up. I don’t see a DSC option in the list of alarms in the new UI7. Can someone point me to directions on setting up the IT-100 in UI7?
Thanks in advance!
/Z/

Have you tried the DSC plugin?

I use it flawlessly (however i have the Envisalink 4)… it would be the most stable item i have added on a VeraEdge UI7.

Yes, I re-installed the DSC Plugin. I went into the DevApps-> Serial Port Config and selected the “Used By Device” and picked the name of my DSC Alarm / room from the list of devices. Am I missing a step?

check this link

there is a troubleshooting section further down on the page to do with IT-100

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

hope this helps.

Yes, I do remember that web page and I followed the UI5 instructions as defined here…
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel/wiki/UI5
but the UI7 is so different I have to cobble bits and pieces together and try to find to counter part in UI7. In UI7 I now have two “sections” in my Devices page when viewed by “Type” and not “Room”. One says “Alarm Area” which has the three buttons Stay, Force, and Disarm for setting the DSC Panel. The other section is “Alarm Panel” which just has the name I gave my alarm panel within UI7. When I click the > symbol next to the name and go into the “DSC Alarm Panel” page I see DSC Interface Module which is set to the IT-100 and I also see:

Door Zones
Motion Zones
Smoke Zones

Which I don’t think is my data as I have 4 Doors, 20 windows, 2 motions, and 1 smoke. Plus clicking the Force, Stay, Disarms does nothing.

I found in “Variables” is where the data for doors, motions, and smoke is at and that is fine I can change the values later. My bigger issue is I can’t arm or disarm so something isn’t set up correctly yet. My “Alarm Area” device is called “My Castle” and it is device #26 and has a parentId of #19 which is the “Alarm Panel” called "My DSC Alarm Panel and that has a parentId of 0.
Any ideas?

Still can’t seem to get the DSC Alarm integration working correctly. It did successfully communicate with my DSC control panel because VERA has the name “My Castle” which is what I defined inside my DSC control panel. However, VERA 3 with UI7 has a red bar with the text “Can’t Detect Device” for the Alarm Panel, Alarm Panel, and every DSC sensor in the UI7 GUI. Doesn’t seem like this site has quite the backing that once was back in the day of the Micasverde days.