Energy Metering Sensor plugin

probablu a stupid question.

is it somehow possible to change the EM Sensor to be a SwitchPower1 instead of a SecuritySensor1 ?

You could make a Combination Switch with one condition (the sensor). It reports itself as a switch.

Hi!

I’m relatively new to the world of Z-wave and all what’s in it. Even to the forum.
I have downloaded the EM sensor plugin and installed it and everything seems to be all good. The problem is
that I cant get it to trip. I have set it to look at a specific device ID and i have set the tresholds but it wont work.
Anyone can give me some tips?

Thanks!

//Emil

[quote=“EmilFjellner, post:23, topic:171976”]that I cant get it to trip. I have set it to look at a specific device ID and i have set the tresholds but it wont work.
Anyone can give me some tips?[/quote]

make sure the switch you monitoring actually does report wattages,
set the thresholds to something obious to make sure it works first … and finetune it later with real watt numbers.

set WatchSwitchOn and StartupSecunds to 0
you can ajust this later … its just to make sure its working in general.

I’m using the Fibaro WallPlug so I’m sure it supports watt readings. I can also see the variable for watt is showing 27W when the lamp is on.

I’ve set the thresholdLow = 5 and ThresholdHigh =25, this sholud work just fine I think.

WatchSwitchOn = 1
StartupSeconds = 0

Still can’t get it to work at all.

//Emil

that should work like that then.

with 27 Watts usage … strange, maybe this is somethings with the switch ?
i use only AeonLabs Smart Inline Switches with EMSensor,
the EM switches do trigger almost in realtime (i use one to detect the TV (for light and ceiling fan)),
another one for the washing machine (to re-enable the waterpump))
and one in the kitchen to trigger the Ventilator (but this one uses Aeon Power Clamps)

anyone uses EMSensor with FIbaro’s ?

Found the solution.
Obviously I should put in the device number instead of the device ID.
It now works perfectly.

//Emil

Do you need to add all this variable manually

EnergyMeteringDeviceID
WatchSwitchOn
StartupSeconds
ThresholdWattsLow
ThresholdWattsHigh

[quote=“alphaxjl, post:28, topic:171976”]Do you need to add all this variable manually

EnergyMeteringDeviceID
WatchSwitchOn
StartupSeconds
ThresholdWattsLow
ThresholdWattsHigh[/quote]

Yes you have to do that, it will not work without those inputs.
I’ve set mine up as follows:

EnergyMeteringDeviceID = Device # (35 in my Vera)
WatchSwitchOn = 0
StartupSeconds = 5
ThresholdWattsLow = 2
ThresholdWattsHigh = 500

I’m using it to monitor and send push when the laundry is done and it work just fine.

//Emil

thats a awesome idea ! i ordered already another inline switch for that pourpose

you guys make me poor … with this cool ideas :wink:

I have attached a new version of L_EMSensor1.lua
This fix 2 problems.

One with module Everspring AN158 witch, sometime, return a non zero watt usage when the switch is OFF.

The other is with Fibaro FGWPx-101 module witch return some transient low watt usage, also time to time.
Each time, in the same sub second interval it return another value witch is this time correct.

So I have introduce another configuration variable : LowDelay

If the value is 0 same behaviour as previously, the sensor is tripped down as soon it receives a value below ThresholdWattsLow
If the value is > 0 this is the number of second to wait and check again if the value is still below ThresholdWattsLow.
If true tripped down
If false, ignore and stay tripped on

Just upload the new version and restart Luup after upload. The new variable will be added to your devices with a zero value.

JF

Hello,

I installed the plugin but I can’t get it to work.

Take a look at the screens…

I want it to trigger when power consumtion goes over 100W
What am I doing wrong?
The device I use is Aeon measure clamp

Thanks in advance

looks okay, the clamp has 77 watts … so its not triggerd

Yes, but when it goes to 1500w is not trigered either…

not so sure if thats of importance, but you seem to miss the valueset “LastWatts” [urn:upnp-org:serviceId:EMSensor1]

There is a bug in the initEMSensor routine which doesn’t create the LastWatts variable, I have fixed this.
Use the new attached file and restart lua, this will create the missing variable.

Sorry for the inconvenience…

JF

Ok. I’ll check it out and see how it goes.
Thank you

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

can someone just make a new zip and add it to the opening post?
that way everybody downloads the same version.
or is it yet available in the app store?

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’ve been going crazy trying to work out the logic for a notification when my clothes dryer stopped since I monitor it with an Aeon Labs HEM. After installing and configuring your plugin, it works! Many thanks!

I am trying to get this to work but can’t seem to understand what values to enter… :S

I have a washing machine connected to a Fibaro wall plug with energy metering. I have logged the watt value with Datamine during a washing cycle (see attachment).

How do I make sure the created Energy Metering Sensor plugin device do report a “Not Active” during the washing machines less energy draining durations (sometimes it seems to just consume 7W or so).

Should I set ThresholdWattsLow lower than 7W (0W)?