Energy Metering Sensor plugin

You want to enter a value that the washing machine will be under when off. You say that it pulls as little as 7 watts when running, so I would try 5 watts for ThresholdWattsLow. Then, you want to enter a number below the running wattage. In your case, it can be as little as 7 watts, I would try 6 watts for ThresholdWattsHigh. Think of them as making an exclusion range. Whatever is in between that range will be ignored. Anything above - sensor tripped. Anything below - sensor not tripped.

I have attached mine. I’m monitoring my dryer. Anything above 250 - tripped. Anything below 200 - not tripped. Anything between - ignored.

exactly as qwen3579 esplains it!

i use serval EMSensors in the house … some are more complex if more devices connected.
here my Livingroom TV Detection.
the inline switch switches, xbox, tv, amplifier and some other micro things …
the TV is greatly above all in power use so i use Min 135 and Max 185 watts .

the TV needs about 200 to run, but the other stuff may suck alot away as well … this workin very save since like forever.

the switch is used to trigger the ceiling fan … if the temperature is high enough to make it required. and a few other things.

Hi all.
I have a Vera Lite and an AEON labs Inline Smart Energy Switch, that has PC’s etc connected to it. Similar to others that have posted, I would like to have the AEON switch turn off once the PC’s are shutdown and Watts reading in the Energy Switch shows eg. 25 watts.
Very new to all this gear, so basically starting off from very low knowledge base. I have already created scenes that run fine for other scenarios, but would really like a pointer or two in the right direction. ie. Apps / plugins to install, settings to include etc. Apologies if previously covered (gone blurry eyed reading posts) or in the wrong spot here.
Thanks.

I’ve got this plugin installed and configured. I’m having issues with setting up a scene.
I have the energy monitor installed inline with my washer, when it finishes, i want it to send me a notice.
I want it to watch for wattage change. i.e. above > starts the “watchdog” and when it goes back to 0 watts, send me an alert.
Since it seems like others have that same setup, can someone share how to set up the alert/scene part of it.
when i look for “triggers” or events, all i get is, stuff like “a sensor is active”
i see nothing about wattage, etc.

[quote=“mvader, post:44, topic:171976”]when i look for “triggers” or events, all i get is, stuff like “a sensor is active”
i see nothing about wattage, etc.[/quote]

thats is correct … you need to set the configuration to change the status back to Triped=0
if the watts go back to standby value.

and then have the scene check on Not active

for the initial process i wouls simply “arm” the device first …
so it not send you useless messages
and disarm it once its done.

Is this plugin working for Ui7 yet?

Is this plugin available in the app store, or just download the zip from the first page?

is there any alternative like this for UI7?

Hi, just stumbled across this page/plug-in…

Are people still using it?
Is it compatible with UI7?
Has there been any recent updates?