Enphase power monitoring

Bingo,
Thanks Rene.
I have set the scene groups from “6” to “3”
After that it still was not correct and I modified the control group 2 and 2 “left” from “0.5” to “1” and “1.5” to “2”
Result as you predicted
Chapeau,
Jacob

This is the updated file

Hi,

25 Feb, updated I_EnvoyPower1.xml to use standard dkjson library making file smaller.

I took the latest api from you guys and took a bit of a different approach. To turn a standard looking PowerMeter device into one that shows the Envoy data. Why? Because both the Vera and more so all mobile apps are good at displaying the standard devices, but not at any non-standard ones. For example the Envoy so far would not even show in ImeriHome or with very limited options in AutHomationHD or the Vera app. You will also get all the Notification and Scene trigger options of the standard PowerMeter for free. Last bonus is no JSON layout problems ;D.

Cons; it looks like a standard PowerMeter so you will only see the current power and a KWH value. For the latter I used the daily production value, but you could map it to the week or lifetime values if you like by tweaking the code. To see the Week KWH and LifeTime values you have to look at the Advanced settings.

So how to install?

• Upload the I_EnvoyPower1.xml file attached here.
  • Then Create device with the following:

[ul][li]Description = Envoy (or what you like) [/li]
[li]Upnp Device Filename = D_PowerMeter1.xml[/li]
[li]Upnp Implementation Filename = I_EnvoyPower1.xml[/li]
[li]IP Address = Your Envoy’s IP address (you can also set it later)[/li][/ul]

Reload your device and done. This can be used in parallel with the ENVOY plugin. I tried this on UI5/6 and UI7.

Let me know what you think about this approach.

Cheers Rene

Hi Jacob,

I just wanted to search on your Enphase forum about the http:///api/v1/production API to find that the forum is gone ???. Bummer as I could find a lot of useful information there also from your answers, even to my questions ;). Critical views as well just as it this forum, but that keeps a company on its tows I think.

Any way, do you know what the update frequency of the current power is? Is that updated each 60 seconds just as on the web page?

Cheers Rene

Hello Rene,
Yes your right the forum is gone?
I did not visit is for quite a while.
I am not home during the week so I can’t check but I thought the update to the Internet is 5min
I think the Envoy update is the same.
Ill check during the weekend
Also then Ill install and test your different approach
Jacob

Hi,

FYI. The Power reading is indeed updated on a five minute interval. So not usable to calculate the real time total power usage of your house. I tried by combining it with the Dutch Smart meter readings that gives a value each ten seconds. Guess I need to think on that a bit more. A five minute interval is fine, but it then must use the value from both sources from the exact same moment.

Cheers Rene

@reneboer I have installed your alternative solution.
It works, as a not programmer I will start looking into the differences
Thanks,
Jacob

Rene,

I am noob, where do I upload?

• Upload the I_EnvoyPower1.xml file attached here.

[quote=“StarLog, post:48, topic:171972”]Rene,

I am noob, where do I upload?

• Upload the I_EnvoyPower1.xml file attached here.[/quote]
    Hi,

No need to install manually anymore. You should look in the Apps, Install Apps and search for enphase. There are two options, the Solar Meter is the more recent one that supports more systems than just Enphase.

Cheers Rene