Error Creating Room

Tried to create a room in the MIOS app and keep getting a Sorry, something unexpected happened, please try later error.
Also are device groups an rooms the same? I also tried to create a device group using the browser and it says my firmware doesn’t support it. If they are the same this is yet another disconnect between the app and the browser.

No they are not the same or related in anyway. Device Groups is a new feature they were adding, I think were you can create a device group and then use that device group in logic in your Meshbot rules. Not sure as I haven’t used it yet.

What type of Ezlo controller are you trying to create a new Room on ? Ezlo Plus or Ezlo Secure or is it an EzloPi? I know there were problems with rooms on EzloPi controllers as it was not fully implemented yet

Also are you using the Android or iOS version of the MIOS app?

Ezlo Plus. iOS version of the MIOS app.
Am I missing something I don’t see the ability to create a room in the browser?

You cannot create Rooms yet in the Ezlogic web UI that is missing still.

But you should be able to do it in the MIOS mobile app. Or maybe try the older Vera mobile app instead.

I don’t have iOS devices so can’t try it. I can only try in the Android MIOS app to create a new room.

Ughhhh. Yet another simple function that does not really work.

I just created a new Room OK in the Android MIOS app. Maybe an issue with the IOS app @adina.porea ?

No they are not the same or related in anyway. Device Groups is a new feature they were adding, I think were you can create a device group and then use that device group in logic in your Meshbot rules. Not sure as I haven’t used it yet.
If it’s not ready why is the option to create even visible to end users?

Hello @Tim88,

Your Ezlo Plus is not currently running the latest firmware. Would you like us to update it for you?

Yes. Autoupdates are on so I’m not sure why I’m not getting the updates?

I signed out of the app and back in and now I can create a new room. There must be a bug in the iOS version of the MIOS app.

1 Like

Hello @Tim88,

We’ll check and report it. Your controller is currently updating. Please ensure it remains powered on and connected.

Ok I see it’s flashing violet right now.

Done. Your controller has been updated. We will be attentive to your comments.

Thank you!

I created a “Feature” Request ticket for them to add Rooms management into the Ezlogic web UI like we had in the Vera web UI.

Thanks. Hopefully they add it. Not sure why you wouldn’t want this on a larger screen and be limited by the smaller screen of the app.