Ezlo VOI™ step-by-step guide with videos

@melih

One thing I think we all want to see is native support for TTS (Text to speech).

Where our Vera scenes can send TTS commands to the voice assistant speakers for them to announce something.

Could be anything for example when a door contact sensor is opened announce “front door opened” or when a lighting scene schedule is run announce “schedule turning on lawn lights”

We currently have a third party plugin for Alexa TTS.

And for Google Home TTS in the past we had the 3rd party Vera Concierge integration but I found TTS on that never worked that well.

I’ve recently started using Node-Red running on my Windows file server for TTS integration of Vera and Google Home this works better, but I still have issues and have to restart the Node-Red service sometimes as it just seems to stop working.

1 Like

Yes. Thats why i use node-red as it has less cloud to turn on alexa devices
I can skip the ezlo cloud section. I can even send commands and set a silent alarm that turns on a vera virtual switch, thus triggering a Reactor. or i can do it verbally and catch the verbal command in node-red. But for the average user VOI is going to really help.

Thats what simon says could have done.

strange. My node-red is solid has not stopped for months, I am running on android with a debian virtual machine.

edit to correct
openloop runs on debian on android
node-red is running via termux running node.js 13

1 Like

Well you are a Node-Red Guru!

When I was using Alexa before I ditched it for Google Home, I was using the Java HA Bridge software to integrate Vera with Alexa as at that time Vera Control LTD hadn’t released their native cloud integration.

For Google Home HA Bridge stopped working with it. So now I just use Vera’s native cloud integration for Google Home. Works well most of the time. Sometimes it says it cannot reach Vera Smarter Home Control, but then usually runs your voice command anyways and controls the intended device or scene.

Not even close, I know a little about a lot. I can not accept that complement

Probably a Windows thing. I need to buy an Raspberry Pi really to run node red.

I am going to strip out the eWeLink integration we worked on together from node red, I don’t need it now and have a feeling the node red issues are to do with eWeLink but not sure, haven’t really looked in to it yet properly. I just keep restarting node red on the server.

The Google Home TTS just seems to stop working sometimes. I have to bounce node red to get it back and working again.

Last word as going off topic . I run ewelink no issues.
I use android tv box to run node-red, cheap as chips running fine on a 4 year old 2g 16g device running android 6. probably buy one now for £20-30

VOI stands for Voice Orchestration Infrastructure.
as part of it sending voice to a device is natural part of the responsibility of VOI.
Its coming…

3 Likes

How do you send more than one voice command in the same scene?

Only way I could seem to do it was to add a 1 second delay for the second Google Home command.

Until I’m able to send this specific command - “Turn off the screen” - to a specific Alexa Echo Spot in the bedroom, VOI will not be helpful in our household.

I just tried to enroll in Ezlo VOI using these instructions however when I click the + icon, no assistants are available. I am able to see my devices under “Manage Alexa Ezlo” on the portal - ideas?

Don’t know how up to day those instructions are?

I took screen shots last week, you have to link your voice assistant account(s) first then you can add them to a scene as an action.

https://community.getvera.com/t/ezlo-voi-step-by-step-guide-with-videos/212618/53?u=cw-kid

Same for me!

What version number of the Vera mobile app do you have?

iOS or Android?

iOS 14 beta :innocent:

3.45 vera mobile

I was using the Android app version 7.40.492

Probably on Thursday we will release stable version of the dashboard’s web version with couple of nice add-on like showing on/off state of some device types on preview section, temperature or humidity readings etc…

This section is still under development the real use-case will be in another app as I stated before.

2 Likes

@goker The dashboard “Configurator” Web version.

You know there is this issue?

In the dashboard Configurator Android app it shows devices from my Vera Plus and Vera Edge running Vera firmware and also devices from the Ezlo Atom.

However the Web based version does not show any devices from my Vera Plus at all, only devices from the Edge and Atom for some reason.

As the Vera Plus is my main controller hub where all my Z-Wave devices are I was unable to use the Web based version of the dashboard Configurator to build any new dashboard pages.