Feedback on voice recognition and last trip

Hi, I am starting to like iViri more and more, and seeing myself using it more than Vera Mobile now! =)

Some feedback regarding v1.0:

1. Voice recognition is working pretty good for me. But I wonder if it can be integrated with Siri? This way, I can launch Siri and speak my command, and iViri will carry out the “bedroom light on” command behind the scene. (I am speaking with no understanding on the complexity of implementing this.)

2. Last Trip - currently it is showing as an integer and I think it’s better to have it converted back to a human-readable date/time.

3. UI - the font sizes are a little too small on the iPhone. I would suggest you take a look at iVera and see how you can make the UI more compliant to iOS7. (wink wink)

This is a great start nonetheless and I look forward to try the v1.1 update. Thanks!

I am very glad to hear, v1.0 actually was a pretty rough start as there were some late changes to the BETA that was not really tested well and unfortunately the initial group of people downloading it became BETA testers which I am not proud of and if it would have been priced at the higer rate like the other apps I would have pulled it until it was stabilized. You should see some better improvements in v1.1 and v1.2 has me even more excited as I will be allowing you to activate/deactivate any devices potentially via geofencing. Right now it just does a virtual switch, but I would like to update it to potentially do an individual light, scene?, PLEG plugin, etc… The only problem with it right now is that when the app is in the background (i.e. don’t kill it off) apple only allows 10 seconds for background executions to occur. That means I need to detect that the geofence was entered/exited, determine what the previous state of that device object is, sent a network connection command to change its state if needed and then update the data model so the next time you open the app the data is reflected correctly. That is a lot to accomplish in 10 seconds and that is why we are only doing a virtual switch at the moment since I know we can accomplish that much and I don’t want to get to a point where people are trying to build out whole scenes using their geofences.

[quote=“jeff3lo, post:1, topic:180181”]Some feedback regarding v1.0:

1. Voice recognition is working pretty good for me. But I wonder if it can be integrated with Siri? This way, I can launch Siri and speak my command, and iViri will carry out the “bedroom light on” command behind the scene. (I am speaking with no understanding on the complexity of implementing this.)[/quote]

So you can set your Initial View to Voice Control via the iViri settings, and then kill and relaunch the app. This will allow the app to always open up to Voice Control on initial launch. Secondly it will start listening immediately and you can carry out voice commands. So in the current release you can use Siri to launch iViri and if set to the Voice Control view for initial launch you can continue to work hands free with the app. I plan to incorporate more into the voice control, such as thermostat control and not just a status and supporting other devices that we currently are working on.

Already resolved in v1.2 which should be getting submitted in the next week or two to apple. v1.2 is packed with enhancements and corrections so that should be jump forward.

iVera is $29+ to download, can you just send me a screenshot of what you are referring to and I will look to add it to v1.2 for enhancements.

Thanks for your suggestion.

As far as for UI, I have attached a screen shot per your request to illustrate what I mean. Perhaps the main improvement I would suggest is the thermostat “tile”. It is jam-packed with a lot of info in that space.

My suggestion is for a thermostat control, make it span 2 columns so it has more real estate to display the info with bigger font size.

In addition, for the other tiles, I think the “title” at the bottom is about the right size. Anything above, like “battery”, “last trip”, “armed”, “bypass”… etc. The font is relatively small and “feels” difficult to be controlled on the iPhone via finger.