Fibaro 3 in 1 sensors now create a ghost device

Hello Vera

Any news on this fix?
Great sounds like a lots has been achieved but with the last firmware release all my Fibaro 3 in 1 sensors now create a ghost device reported months ago and still no fix…also they have never reported battery levels correctly, if these were some weird Chinese (whoops) devices I could perhaps understand why, also I have the same sporadic scence running problem that JaneAuto experiences…we need a fix for this

Im sure I’ll like what is coming but can we just fix these two issues please

Hello, anybody there?

Ok so are we going to get a fix for this or what?

Thanks

Just updated to the latest firmware and one Fibaro 3 in 1 motion sensor would not wake up so I had to reinstall still creates ghost device and when I use this code

luup.attr_set/(“invisible”,“1”,627

it goes invisible then creates another one the next day…have I missed a fix for this since I first reported it in Sept 2019

What is the Ghost device it creates can you give more details?

How many devices are you expecting to see for this Fibaro motion sensor?

May 2019

just re-paired it so cant give you the exact screen shot , this was back in May 2019

3 devices sensor lux and temp, thanks

1 Like

I have a Fibaro Motion Sensor it creates 4 devices.

Motion Sensor (Parent)
Temperature Sensor (Child)
LUX Sensor (Child)
Seismometer (Child)

Could your “Ghost” device be the Seismometer / Earthquake detector device?

I set parameter 24 to a value of 1 with 1 byte Dec.

Ok could be, ill have to wait to see if it creates the 4th device again then I can check it out, thanks

This code doesn’t look correct. Should be:

luup.attr_set("invisible","1",627)

If you have hidden the current “Ghost” child device remove that line from your start up Lua and it should come back.

Or set it to 0 to bring it back, then set the parameter number 24 on the Parent device in “Device Options”.

luup.attr_set("invisible","0",627)

If you have deleted the “Ghost” child device you could on the parent device in Advanced - Commands - Configure Node right now and wake up the sensor.

Ok thank you

yeah I mistyped it ;-(

Yep, its a seismometer, strange my other Fibraros arent creating the 4th device perhaps they are older
Thanks anyway

Not totally sure, but I’m assuming the sensor hardware is the same.

You might have to exclude and include the other sensors again perhaps for the Seismometer device to appear for those.

I only have one Fibaro motion sensor as I prefer the Neo CoolCam ones.

Anyway it’s version info in Vera says:

I’d have to take the sensor down to look at its label properly.

Ok thank you

So when I go into notifications for the “Seismometer” I get this
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s caused by wrong labels used in the generic level sensor template. It was derived from the light sensor one and never fixed (as no icon was added). I already reported it (years ago), but I doubt it will be fixed.

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me it was never fixed. I’ve never tried to actually do anything with the Seismometer we don’t have Earthquakes here touch wood.

I know it works though if the Fibaro motion sensor is moved its value changes.