Flush and fresh start on veralite UI5 possible?

I?ve had a veralite on ui5 for many years now, learning and programming from very little knowledge to a point where i can happily instruct it to do what i want. (Mostly thanks to these forums!)
However, over the years i?ve experienced crashes bugs and faults and deleted/modified code to work around issues. One issue i used to have, and occasionally still do, is that veralite will ?forget? devices on its network. Originally, i had to re-include that device on the network as a ?new device? and reprogram everything to work with its ?new? id. Still with less than a dozen devices, my last new device number had incremented to number 99, as have my scene numbers where i have deleted them and created new ones over the years.
Eventually I discovered the quick fix is to restore from the last good backup. An annoying inconvenience but a quick fix. Even now, some scenes/commands occasionally do not execute as they fail to communicate to their devices.

What im wondering is, after many years of ?abuse? would it be useful to wipe and start a fresh to ?wipe out? any skeletons hanging in the vera-closet? Maybe there is a flush out command? Im pretty sure all unused devices have been removed from the veralite, at least according to what is visible.
This would be a chance to move to ui7 but i dont feel ready for a new set of headaches just yet. Id just like to stabilise what i have, if i can in anyway.

Any advice anyone?
Thanks

Edit:
Ps for some weird reason my quote marks have appeared as question marks

[quote=“UKsub, post:1, topic:200380”]I?ve had a veralite on ui5 for many years now, learning and programming from very little knowledge to a point where i can happily instruct it to do what i want. (Mostly thanks to these forums!)
However, over the years i?ve experienced crashes bugs and faults and deleted/modified code to work around issues. One issue i used to have, and occasionally still do, is that veralite will ?forget? devices on its network. Originally, i had to re-include that device on the network as a ?new device? and reprogram everything to work with its ?new? id. Still with less than a dozen devices, my last new device number had incremented to number 99, as have my scene numbers where i have deleted them and created new ones over the years.
Eventually I discovered the quick fix is to restore from the last good backup. An annoying inconvenience but a quick fix. Even now, some scenes/commands occasionally do not execute as they fail to communicate to their devices.

What im wondering is, after many years of ?abuse? would it be useful to wipe and start a fresh to ?wipe out? any skeletons hanging in the vera-closet? Maybe there is a flush out command? Im pretty sure all unused devices have been removed from the veralite, at least according to what is visible.
This would be a chance to move to ui7 but i dont feel ready for a new set of headaches just yet. Id just like to stabilise what i have, if i can in anyway.

Any advice anyone?
Thanks

Edit:
Ps for some weird reason my quote marks have appeared as question marks[/quote]

Hello,

I’ve sent you an email with some information regarding this.
Please check the email and reply to it in case you need further assistance.

I have a similar situation so would appreciate to hear what the suggested solution to this is.

Please post it here if possible.

Thanks

Same here
A fresh start of the UI5 is much appreciated
It is running smooth for years

But a clean up is helpful

Be so kind to set your advice on the forum

Thanks
Huib

Any advice here?