foscam

[quote=“bigmonkey70, post:18, topic:170622”]I installed home buddy today and the foscam IP camera didn’t show up. Only the Foscam motion sensor show up under Home Buddy.

Is there anyway to make it display? I can see it in vera (vera 2 UI5 1.5.408) and tilt pan work correctly.

Thx[/quote]

Hi All.

I have the same problem.
MCV UI5 FW: 1.5.408

Foscam F18905W

cam installed perfect. Running it wireless on my network. I can see it from MCV or in the browser with 192.168.1.18:8080/snapshot.cgi

In Home buddy no cam just motion sensor.

I already have a panasonic BL-30A working in MCV and home buddy.

Anyone know what I am missing.

Thanks to all for a great forum and thanks to micasaverde for an amazing product.

[quote=“codemnausa, post:21, topic:170622”]Anyone know what I am missing.

Thanks to all for a great forum and thanks to micasaverde for an amazing product.[/quote]

I still haven’t figured it out yet. Welcome to the forums codemnausa.

I just got a Foscam camera for Christmas so I finally got a chance to test for myself. 2 plugins showed up in my Vera: “Foscam IP Camera” and “Wintop zCam IP Camera”. The latter worked fine in the current version of Home Buddy while the former didn’t show up. I made some tweaks in the latest beta build to fix this, so if anyone cares to test, I’d really appreciate the feedback:

http://goo.gl/0B9CU

Thanks!

updated to the new version today. the foscam camera shows up and a still image shows up. when i tap to stream, I get the following error message:

“Unable to get camera info (Unable to retrieve camera information)”

Any ideas? I’m using a Foscam FI8910W

I have the same behavior as kyle. I tried the configuring the cam settings in mios to both the internal IP address, a DDNS through no-ip.org, and both standard port 80 and non-standard ports. My cameras “stream” ok through UI5 both inside my network and out. Even getting the current still image is a good step but getting some streaming (even if it is 1 fps) would be great.

Details on my 2 cameras
Model # FI8910W
One has firmware 11.37.2.48; the other .46

Streaming is not handled in UI5 for 3rd party apps. MCV removed / did not re-add the code that allowed to proxy the camera stream through vera and open up the appropriate ports via the firewall. This was needed to access the stream for the camera. The only work around that I know of is to call the still camera image api every second or so if on a wireless or local network.

• Garrett

Why does it have to be done through MCV’s proxy servers? By the several apps in the marketplace that handle streaming from IP cameras (including Foscam), it’s clearly possible to utilize the server push aspect of Foscam cameras and get the stream from videostream.cgi. You could detect when a camera is configured in UI5 to use a non-local IP and attempt to consume the cgi stream.

[quote=“garrettwp, post:26, topic:170622”]The only work around that I know of is to call the still camera image api every second or so if on a wireless or local network.

• Garrett[/quote]

Well, I did say “stream” (the quotes were meant to be significant) and that I would even be happy with 1 frame per second (fps) for now.

It does not go through MCV’s proxy servers. Vera would set up a tunnel on the unit that will tunnel the camera’s ip address through the vera unit and you would access just the vera unit for streaming of the cameras. This worked in UI4 and has not been re-implemented into UI5.

• Garrett