Free graphs for your temp/power sensors

Free graphs / gauges visualization https://www.hundredgraphs.com

Works really simple, you just need a lua file (provided as well), change it to your liking with devices id and serviceId, add to your Luup files. Edit your Startup Lua to include

monitcode = require("Moniton")
monitcode.HGTimer(600)

Start pushing data
Select what feed is going to be used
Select linear or gauge
Give a title and save
It comes to your dashboard by itself

Let me know if you have any questions

2 Likes

Wow, great find.

Can you provide more details on these files? I read what you posted but I’m not entirely sure what all is needed. Perhaps a few step by step bullets?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

On hundredgraphs you will be able to see new data under /Feeds
Next step go to /Graphs and click on + to add a new Graph

Select Feeds
Choose Linear or Gauge
Add title and units
Save

Now that graph should go to your dashboard like in that demo HundredGraphs, visualize and smarten up your IoT data

Some docs are there HundredGraphs, visualize and smarten up your IoT data

+1 - I hope to get time this fall to try this out.

Awesome ipstas! You are a rock star! I will be trying this out.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

my pleasure. If you need something else, just ask. I am the one behind it

Here or preferably at HundredGraphs, visualize and smarten up your IoT data. Forum here doesn’t send any notifications, I might miss it

I can’t seem to be able to download the required Monitor.lua file ? I get a 404 / non-existing error for this link

https://www.hundredgraphs.com/files/Moniton.lua

Normal ?

That link works fine for me.

That link works fine for me.[/quote]

The link here in the forums indeed works, on the website itself in the API-key section there is also a link an that one does not work for me.
Links are exactly the same … weird …

That link works fine for me.[/quote]

The link here in the forums indeed works, on the website itself in the API-key section there is also a link an that one does not work for me.
Links are exactly the same … weird …[/quote]
I had the same issue on the website. link here works just fine.

wow! thanks for pointing out. Fixed

Thanks for this @ipstas works nicely!!

@korttoma Glad to help. If any questions/suggestions/ideas, please feel free to ask.

Looks great!

Is there a way to push less frequently? My Vera is really busy - adding something that runs 1440 times a day is problematic. But if I could push say every 10 minutes…

There is a variable in lua file
[font=courier]local updateInterval = 60[/font]

You can change it to any seconds you want (not less than 60). I am personally pushing every 60 secs. But I think average user would be ok with 600 (ten minutes). Vera by itself is not updating stuff too often

1-
What about moving the variables array into startup.lua ( before monitcode = require(“Moniton”) )?
That would allow to update the monitored sensors within the startup.lua (which can be modified directly from IU7 or AltUI), instead of having to download/modify/update the Moniton.lua file.

2-
What about not pushing the data when the current value is identical to the previous one? That would reduce the load on Veras and on the backend.

Cool!

Any chance these graphs could be shown in i.e. Imperihome, og do you have to go to that dashboard site?

[quote=“Gabriel, post:16, topic:205588”]1-
What about moving the variables array into startup.lua ( before monitcode = require(“Moniton”) )?

2-
What about not pushing the data when the current value is identical to the previous one? That would reduce the load on Veras and on the backend.[/quote]

1. I would prefer not to, the right way would be for somebody step up and create a plugin instead. Messing with startup lua is IMHO the wrong way to do it.

But I will think about better options. For example I can make a way to dynamically update that list on HundredGraphs and Vera would pull it up from there

1. Ah, but the plugin doesn’t remember what it has submitted last time. And for the backend it just upserts the data. It doesn’t matter much if you have pushed 8 unchanged and 2 changed variables or only 2 that were changed

[quote=“Forzaalfa, post:17, topic:205588”]Cool!

Any chance these graphs could be shown in i.e. Imperihome, og do you have to go to that dashboard site?[/quote]

those graphs are generated dynamically and in fact locally by your browser, so no images on a server, only raw and aggregated data (when you for example requested a monthly graph). I will look into what IH can do, but for now I don’t see much of the option unless it is embedded

Android app is coming if it helps

Upd: new version of lua file. Now it sends data over https so you can have a bit more privacy over transferred data.

Please make sure you have updated Startup too. Now it looks like
[font=courier]monitcode = require(“Moniton”)
monitcode.HGTimer(600)[/font]
where 600 is time in seconds, now you can change it dynamically without changing a file itself

A question.

• Does anybody uses IFTTT for anything?
  • Or anybody needs that data read for anything (API read access)?