Future devices compatability? (Like the Aeotec Doorbell 6)

Hopefully another request has now prompted support - says it’s being worked on -

https://jira.mios.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/72/ECS-795

Otherwise it’s just an expensive wireless doorbell.

ECS-789 has been submitted for this as well. Same status… (Work in progress).

Hi there,
I will try my best to accelerate the integration progress and get back to you soon. As I know our development team is working on some other devices and prioritization makes some delays on some devices’ integration. Thanks for understanding.

Hey. Just want to add my support for improving integration for the Aeotec Doorbell 6. It is a potentially very useful Siren but just not especially functional by default. And the doorbell button is potentially very useful as well…

(Would also like to see newer firmware for camera’s supported e.g. some Dahua cameras which when the firmware is updated, no longer work. But that’s a different story… Not looking to stream through VeraPlus, but the ability to take a snapshot on a Vera event would be useful…)

Has there been any progress on Aeotec Doorbell 6 integration into Vera?
Just the opportunity to trigger an event from the doorbell would be really welcome.

Hello @Simon5

The integration is still in progress, its support will be released with one of the following updates for eZLO Controllers, please stay attentive to any new integration list in our forum.

Thanks that’s good to hear.

I presume “eZLO Controllers” includes the Vera product line?
My Vera hub is on latest **1.7.5185 (7.31) firmware.

@Simon5, currently for new ezlo hubs.
It will be available in the nearest release.

I was told this integration is for Vera hubs - has somebody decided not to do this now?
Reference - request (257251)

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused, however, the integration for the Aeotec DoorBell 6 is only going to be done for the new eZLO Platform, this was confirmed by the department in charge.

Wow that’s truly unimpressive.
Were you ever going to update the job or just hope we forget about it?

So Vera is EOL?

Hello @Simon5

The Vera controllers are older products and many of the components aren’t as widely available as they used to be. As a result, we currently have no plans to manufacture more of them, but as noted, our new controllers will have all the same capabilities, along with faster processors, new features, and a state-of-the-art platform. We will, however, continue to support the Vera platform as we have done over the last ten years.

The job is going to be updated as soon as new improvements are made but it will directly relate to eZLO Platform (Linux)

IMO Vera is slowly becoming legacy tech with such a strategy.
OK. That’s pretty much what I thought so I am switching to Hubitat.

You can put an Ezlo controller as a secondary controller to your Old Vera controller and use https://ezlogic.mios.com/ to write automations and management.
This way you can transfer all your existing devices on Vera to Ezlo. And in EZLogic you can see devices on both Vera and Ezlo controllers.

(Note: there is a bugfix going on with that process and should be ready soon).