Gate Closed Notification

Hi there! I have a gate that I need to know when it is open or closed. I can’t used a physical apparatus anymore such as a reed switch but I have terminals that will output a 24dc voltage when it is in the closed position allowing me to create dry normally open or normally closed contacts using a relay. Is there something I can get that will allow me to use those to determine if the contacts are open or closed and send me a notification? I can use the reactor program to send notifications, just need to know how I can activate it with what I’ve got. Thanks.

Fibaro binary sensor will do this for you. I think they are still available

C

In my case I am using the mimolite garage opener with magnetic sensor, with that you have to use the mimolite plugin which gives me a reading (max reading 2300, min reading 53 or 50) of Garage Status as I name it. So I figured out a way to get notifications of open/close status by setting up a limits, I setup the level below 100 which means the gate is closed and if it goes above 100 then the gate is open.52

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.