getting Livolo touch light switches to work with VeraEdge / RFX

:-[ Hi everyone, I’m new to this so please excuse my ignorance. I’m trying to get the Livolo touch switches to work with my VeraEdge using the RFX plugin (also uploaded a few LUUP files as per https://support.betaalbare-domotica.eu/installing-the-rfxcom-to-the-vera/ Perhaps this was a mistake as their Step 4 didn’t work. I then used the RFX plugin option from within Vera and that worked, and I even changed Bauds to 38400 as in Step 5 although that might be another mistake). So the RFXtrx controller device appears to be working but I’m not sure how to check it’s functionality. When in the device properties I go to ‘New device’ select Category ‘Livolo (1 gang)’ and in Device Type select ‘Switch light’, add device name and ID, then press ‘Create’ nothing happens other than a message pops up Vera will reload to validate the changes… and nothing happens. Initiated LIVOLO pairing mode during this, still nothing. The new switch doesn’t appear in the device list or anywhere else I can see. Does anyone know about the sequence of the whole procedure? Would appreciate the advice, thanks in advance

Hi there, since I received no replies whatsoever to my last post :-[, I think I’ll ask an easier question: does anyone know how to initiate pairing with Livolo switch in RFX device (VeraEdge)? thank you, hope to hear from someone

Hi, I am using Livolo switches together with RFX433e. It works OK.

I have always pair the switches with RFX from my laptop and RFXMngr app. It is much easier than from Vera, because of delay of sending a message.

Thanks for replying, I did find the solution here https://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-47/ following advice from Vera support, first you setup up the RFX controller in Vera, then add a new device from inside the RFX device (in Vera). Then open the new device and initiate pairing on the Livolo at the same time turn ON the new device. Works fine, except that Livolo switches don’t report status, so manual ON OFF on the switch doesn’t update Vera’s status, also the switching isn’t all that reliable. I guess a dedicated zwave switch work much better and there are some from Aliexpress

Yes, but all zwave switches are much more expensive. Additionally as it was also found in this forum, not all zwave devices are properly recognized in Vera.