GoControl GD00Z-4 device won't run garage door from VeraPlus controller

I’ve installed a GoControl GD00z-4 on my Genie ReliaG 2028 Garage Door Opener (has the wired wall switch). The GoControl paired with the 2Gig Tilt sensor (I had to buy one as my unit was missing from the package), and I got the GoControl to pair with Vera.

When I select to open the door using Vera, I get the 5 beeps and a flashing light. The Vera attempts to show the status of Open, but the door never budges (gets a pulse) to open and Vera reverts back to closed.

I’ve checked the wiring, but can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m missing to get the device to respond from the Vera app.

I can open and/or close the door and the tilt sensor updates the app. I can launch the Open or Close command and the device beeps and flashes like it is about to run the door, but I get no action.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thanks

Bad news:

There is a known issue for this device involving a bad surface mounted LED which affects this controller and causes behavior similar to what you’re describing (beeps and flashes but no movement). It’s possible you may have this problem.

Good news: Its a fairly easy fix but requires soldering some resistors to the controller

Is this a new unit that you just installed? You said the door sensor was missing, so it sounds like its an older model. Reports from users who installed more recent models seem to indicate this problem was fixed with newer production runs.

The fix is outlined in this thread:

This was an open box item that I purchased from an eBay seller. And it had labeling on it like it was an Amazon return (Amazon Warehouse). The wires from the GoControl was obviously shorter than normal, so I would think it was installed, then returned as not working.
I only wish my options were as easy. The eBay seller doesn’t have as good of a return policy.
Reading through the instructions to fix, it sounds like some people just soldered a new led instead of replacing with the resistors. Is there any reason to not do the fix by replacing (soldering) a new led? I would like to keep the original functionality.