Google Home installed when?

I found the plug-in Google Home installed on my Vera. I don’t recall installing this. I deleted it. I checked later and it is back in my list.
Also, it has created a device, but I do not see that in my device list.

It’s automatically installed. Don’t fight it. Simply accept it for the greater good…

C

3 Likes

I beg to differ, I fought it and won. No google virus in my house…
I would encourage you to do the same. @rigpapa provided an easy way to get rid of it. Just can’t remember which post.

2 Likes

That’s here: https://community.getvera.com/t/dont-bundle-apps-plugins/209945/12?u=rigpapa

This isn’t necessary with 7.31, though… that has plugin blacklisting, so uninstalling the plugin once should be enough. Should be.

1 Like

I missed my ‘Irony’ tag…

C

2 Likes

Depressing reading. I tried uninstalling again. It showed up again. The thread above has Edward saying Vera fixed this right? Do i need to reboot my system or something? The other method will take me a while to learn (relearn actually).

Are you running 7.31?

C

I deleted it tonight, and manually deleted the 3 files as well. Ezlo Cameras was another app that got installed when I updated to 7.31.

I upgraded my firmware and was then able to delete the app. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.