Google Home installed when?

I found the plug-in Google Home installed on my Vera. I don’t recall installing this. I deleted it. I checked later and it is back in my list.
Also, it has created a device, but I do not see that in my device list.

It’s automatically installed. Don’t fight it. Simply accept it for the greater good…

C

3 Likes

I beg to differ, I fought it and won. No google virus in my house…
I would encourage you to do the same. @rigpapa provided an easy way to get rid of it. Just can’t remember which post.

2 Likes

That’s here: https://community.getvera.com/t/dont-bundle-apps-plugins/209945/12?u=rigpapa

This isn’t necessary with 7.31, though… that has plugin blacklisting, so uninstalling the plugin once should be enough. Should be.

1 Like

I missed my ‘Irony’ tag…

C

2 Likes

Depressing reading. I tried uninstalling again. It showed up again. The thread above has Edward saying Vera fixed this right? Do i need to reboot my system or something? The other method will take me a while to learn (relearn actually).

Are you running 7.31?

C

I deleted it tonight, and manually deleted the 3 files as well. Ezlo Cameras was another app that got installed when I updated to 7.31.

I upgraded my firmware and was then able to delete the app. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules