Granular notification control

Hello,

This may be well covered but I couldn’t find the topic. How do you set notifications on a per device basis.
I installed a GE Motion Sensor light switch that is meant to sense someone entering an area and turning on a light. So more for energy conservation than security. I do not want to receive notifications each time someone enters the area since it is a relative high traffic area.
I know I can shut off all sensor notifications in the “Notification Settings” page but obviously I don’t want to shut off all sensor notifications.
I also know how to change sensor arming in the Dashboard->MyModes area but this device doesn’t appear as a sensor there.
So how do I change notification settings on a per device?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

There are two possible ways you can achieve this. One way is reactor, which is a little more complicated to set up, especially if you haven’t used it before. The other way is if you go into the device and click ‘notifications’ there you can create a notification based on the devices capabilities. The only downside is that it’s not tied to any other conditions, such as house modes etc so you’ll receive these notifications all the time any time. If you do need to set certain conditions for the notifications to come, then you’d be better off using reactor which we can help you set up with.

Have you set the category_num in advance section of the device to 4.
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

I have not tried to change the category/subcategory variables. It is currently set to 3(switch) which is what it is. It is also a motion sensor so I will play with this and get back to this topic with results.
I just to be clear I am trying to stop notifications. I get tons of them every day because of all the traffic. I am familiar with reactor which i have used a lot but not sure how to use it to prevent notifications.

Never enough info, lol.
In variable section og advanced, is there a variable called Armed, and is it set to 1?
If so set to 0.

I thought that setting the switch to the category/subcategory of a motion sensor and disarming it through the Dashboard-> My Modes solved the problem. I decided to experiment a little bit.
So a very frustrating afternoon with Vera. I set everything back to default. All Security Alerts enabled. The motion switch set back to the switch category. Now I get no alerts from the switch. This is what I wanted but it is very frustrating when the Vera controller does not function predictably.
So the only thing I have learned from this and thank you EICid is that if I change the category of the switch to a motion sensor I can then arm/disarm at the mode level. Good information.
And no there is not an armed variable, there is a tripped and armedtripped which is set to 0.
The real root of the problem could be that the device(nor any similar one) is offered in the Add Device list. It is both a motion sensor and a switch so I added it as a switch.

Tim

there should be an Armed variable as there is an ArmedTripped variable. you can add the variable
in device - advanced - New service

new service - urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1
new variable - Armed
new value - 0