HomeWave & openLuup - Weaved.com integration ?

@intveltr

I noted your recent comment in a separate topic (homeSeer):

The app does work with openluup, but only for local access at the moment.

I don’t know if this is shared by many, but remote access to openLuup via HomeWave would be an absolute win for me… I am a big fan of both, and so far WAF and convenience (a VPN solution works but has to be manually started/stopped before and after running HomeWave remotely) have prevented me from fully leveraging openLuup as remote access via HomeWave is mission critical for me…

I did investigate the Weaved.com remote access solution that has been proposed on the forum as a neat remote access solution for openLuup. Unfortunately while it works perfectly from a browser session, it would need to be integrated in HomeWave to be as user friendly as the remote Vera access.

I did see that weaved.com published APIs that I tested successfully within a test app and happen to be very similar in concept to the MiOS relays… See:
http://docs.weaved.com/docs/userlogin
http://docs.weaved.com/docs/devicelistall
http://docs.weaved.com/docs/deviceconnect

I don’t know if a significant user demand exists or if this warrants interest from you, but it would really be nice to have this weaved.com integration in HomeWave.

The API looks pretty straightforward. This would involve adding another connector type to HomeWave (in addition to UI5 and UI7), but only the remote connect procedure would have to change. If there is enough demand I can add this.

By the way, what on earth is Weaved, exactly? I wish these “modern” companies would spend half the time writing a decent product description and architecture overview as they do building these glorious 3d scrolling websites.

If there’s anything that needs adding to openLuup, then just let me know. I, too, am a huge fan of HomeWave!

By the way, what on earth is Weaved, exactly? I wish these "modern" companies would spend half the time writing a decent product description and architecture overview as they do building these glorious 3d scrolling websites.
;D I agree it takes some digging to ascertain what weaved.com offers... Their service seems to work exactly like the Tunnel implemented by MiOS for the Vera... A service runs in the background on the device that establishes and maintains a secure tunnel with the provider's server so that the server can access the device securely without port-forwarding. The installation notes for the Raspberry Pi are actually the best description I could find: https://www.weaved.com/installing-weaved-raspberry-pi-raspbian-os/

I hope that many more will join Akbooer and I in expressing their interest in having this connector added to HomeWave…

I am anyway happy to support develoment / testing if this can help

[quote=“logread, post:4, topic:191748”]

By the way, what on earth is Weaved, exactly? I wish these “modern” companies would spend half the time writing a decent product description and architecture overview as they do building these glorious 3d scrolling websites.

;D I agree it takes some digging to ascertain what weaved.com offers… Their service seems to work exactly like the Tunnel implemented by MiOS for the Vera… A service runs in the background on the device that establishes and maintains a secure tunnel with the provider’s server so that the server can access the device securely without port-forwarding. The installation notes for the Raspberry Pi are actually the best description I could find: https://www.weaved.com/installing-weaved-raspberry-pi-raspbian-os/[/quote]

I hope that many more will join Akbooer and I in expressing their interest in having this connector added to HomeWave…
+1 for me, I currently use openLuup on local as my feed for homewave, and use weaved on openLuup for remote access. Would be great to use for homewave on remote access.
I am anyway happy to support develoment / testing if this can help

[quote author=dsroberts1945 link=topic=37040.msg276457#msg276457 date=1459160970]

[quote=“logread, post:4, topic:191748”]

;D I agree it takes some digging to ascertain what weaved.com offers… Their service seems to work exactly like the Tunnel implemented by MiOS for the Vera… A service runs in the background on the device that establishes and maintains a secure tunnel with the provider’s server so that the server can access the device securely without port-forwarding. The installation notes for the Raspberry Pi are actually the best description I could find: https://www.weaved.com/installing-weaved-raspberry-pi-raspbian-os/

I am anyway happy to support develoment / testing if this can help[/quote]

+1 for me, I currently use openLuup on local as my feed for homewave, and use weaved on openLuup for remote access. Would be great to use for homewave on remote access.

I just stumbled upon this… +1 for me as well… Even updated my sig to show my love for HomeWave…

And CudaNet won some karma as well

I would be interested in this as well. I have just started using openLuup and one of the downsides for me is no homewave remote access.

@intveltr,

Not sure if you have had a chance to consider this development ? Would be so much appreciated… OpenLuup definitely seems to gain traction in the community…

Many thanks

I would also like to see the weaved connector in HomeWave. I run openLuup and HomeWave. VPN works well for remote access, but takes an extra step… Thanks

I would love for homewave to work with openluup remotely through weaved.

@intveltr any updates on incorporating weaved for openluup use ? Thanks. Love your app.

Thanks @synapse007 for resurrecting this topic… I had given up hope (miserably living out of a VPN substitute that is not that userfriendly and WAF compliant) but hopefully @inveltr will read this and sympathize ?

Well I finally got OpenLuup running, so I can give it a quick looksee

Great… I hope you’ll find it as robust and useful as many of us do !

Thanks for considering and looking into the request !!

@intveltr Any thoughts on Homewave and Openluup/weaved.com ? TIA

@inveltr,
How did your testing of openLuup go ? Did you get a chance to consider adding the Weaved.com API to a future Homewave release ? Happy to do testing for you if it helps