Honeywell Wifi Thermostats with Vera?

I’m using JoeyD’s plugin with my honeywell wifi thermostat and it works great.
what problems are people having?

You can only choose heating or cooling, no auto. This is no big deal (how often are you really changing that?). But when in auto, the ambient temp doesn't show. It says it's 0 degrees. It shows at the top of my dashboard but not on the device. The big problem is that when you click the temp buttons up or down it immediately sends the signal so you can't change it more than one number at a time. Not very useful.

The scene works good too with options for letting me know when the ambient temp gets above or below a certain number, and wheather heat or cool has come on, but again, nothing to let me know if aux. heat is on which seems like a big miss.

[quote=“fullmoonguru, post:22, topic:181324”]

You can only choose heating or cooling, no auto. This is no big deal (how often are you really changing that?). But when in auto, the ambient temp doesn’t show. It says it’s 0 degrees. It shows at the top of my dashboard but not on the device. The big problem is that when you click the temp buttons up or down it immediately sends the signal so you can’t change it more than one number at a time. Not very useful.

The scene works good too with options for letting me know when the ambient temp gets above or below a certain number, and wheather heat or cool has come on, but again, nothing to let me know if aux. heat is on which seems like a big miss.

[/quote]

my auto works fine. maybe it’s your particular model?? not sure
also i do recall some discussion about waiting a certain amount of time before sending.
we’ll need to go back and review the discussion during the beta.

Anyone want to take a crack at taking this to the next level?

I found a page where a guy has written in PHP and Python which will allow you to control these thermostats from an Amazon Echo. [url=http://www.theghostbit.com/2015/06/controlling-honeywell-wifi-thermostat.html]http://www.theghostbit.com/2015/06/controlling-honeywell-wifi-thermostat.html[/url] He essentially created a new Amazon Echo skill using the SDK that just came out for the Echo. You can setup a webserver and run his PHP and PY code the way he did it but I wanted to try it through the free Amazon Lambda service without setting up my own webserver that has to be up 24/7. The trouble for me is that when using Amazon Lambda, the code can’t be in PHP and Python, rather it needs to be Node.js and I’m struggling to convert it due to my inexperience with Java. Maybe someone here is up to the challenge.

My connection with the Vera 3 and Honeywell Thermostat doesn’t work either. It doesn’t find the thermostats via JoeyD’s app. Anyone else having these problems and how did you get around them? I read the other thread about going back to the Beta version and trying that but it only has 3 units. I could still only get the vera to detect one of my thermostats.

Thanks for the help.
H

It has been confirmed that if you go back to the beta version of the app that you can have multiple instances of the app that will give you 3 thermostats each. So going that route you can have 3/6/9/etc. thermostats. The beta app works perfectly for me.

Where can I find the beta?

Look for the last group of files posted by mikee here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30125.msg264999.html#msg264999

I believe you’ll have to install the latest plugin, then manually install his latest group of files to update the app.

I use two thermostats in 1 house and I haven’t had a problem since updating the plugin. I’m using a Veralite and UI7. I believe he’s working on actually updating the plugin, but because it was created by a different user it’s taken some time.

I completely agree that Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is more ’ smart ’ than most of the others .
Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is easy to setup, easy to use fully featured, reliable system for controlling the temperature in your home or business.

While this may not have the stylish design of the Nest Learning or the Ecobee3, inside, every bit as sophisticated and advanced as they can be.

The programming and any overrides that you may need can be carried out through the touchscreen or remotely through a computer, a smartphone or tablet (using the free Android or Apple app).

The onscreen display, which can be set to have 1 of 12 different color schemes, lets you know, the time and date, the indoor temperature and humidity and also the outdoor temperature and humidity. There also display remotely on your device.

Once the unit is programmed and operating, it learns how quickly you heating and cooling system takes to reach your set temperatures. So, for example, if you select that you want 70 degrees at 6 am the thermostat will turn on your heating system at the right time to ensure that your home is 70 degrees at 6 am.

All…

I just bought a new house and it has Honeywell T10 Wi-fi thermostats. I have the app on my phone but I want to get these things into my Vera Plus. What do I need? I can’t figure it out. Honeywell Home is the only app that works and I did manage to get them to appear in Google Home. But I want them in Vera. Suggestions?