House Modes Plugin

House Modes Plugin for UI7 is now available on apps.mios.com. It allows you to use the House Modes in scenes as triggers or actions.

You can find more details here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_house_modes_plugin

Please post here any questions you have, any bugs you find or any feature requests.

Just what I needed to be able to enjoy scenes.

This will definitely help!

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but changing the mode from the Dashboard doesn’t trigger actions with this plugin for me.
It works if I click a new mode on the plugin device itself (and this change is also reflected on the Dashboard), but not the other way around.

My polling rate is set to 15. I’m not sure if there are any other settings that matter.

When I look at the House Modes Plugin device, none of the buttons are selected (Home, Away, Night, Vacation), unless I recently pushed one of them. I would expect the current mode to be green or something.

I have the same problem. House modes are changing, the plugin detects the changes but does not trigger scenes.

I was looking at the lua code for HouseModes and found this:

local url_req = "http://" .. GATEWAY_IP .. ":3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=0&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&Variable=Mode"

I previously checked the “Secure Your Vera” box in Users & Account Info>Unit Settings, which I think breaks this.

Thank you for pointing this out. This issue appears when the Vera is secured and the plugin can’t perform the request but it can be fixed. I will release an update sometime next week.

Hello Steve!
Here my Housmode plugin is 1.11
Is this correct release?
Because if i change from housemode plugin, then after jump Home mode , and after delayed time jump in the setting mode. (Delay is in the Vera Dashboard setting delay)

Is it possible to get the “delay” thats configured in “modes” with http Json or XML request ?

searching but not found that value :-\

Hello,

The House Modes handling has changed a bit in UI7 over the last couple of months and that is why the promised update to the House Modes Plugin has been delayed. I did some changes, now it works on Secure controllers and it also takes into consideration the Mode Change Delay so it wont switch between modes two times because of that.

I have attached the new plugin files but this latest version only works on UI7 7.0.5 (1.7.541/1.7.1018) and that is why it is not public yet. Depending on your feedback and the number of people that upgrade to the latest firmware version it will be out soon.

You will have to go to Apps → Develop Apps → Luup files and upload the attached files. “Restart Luup after upload” needs to be checked.

@Ispep you can get that delay using a http request like this: http://VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=0&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&Variable=mode_change_delay

[quote=“mcv.steve, post:10, topic:183306”]Hello,

The House Modes handling has changed a bit in UI7 over the last couple of months and that is why the promised update to the House Modes Plugin has been delayed. I did some changes, now it works on Secure controllers and it also takes into consideration the Mode Change Delay so it wont switch between modes two times because of that.

I have attached the new plugin files but this latest version only works on UI7 7.0.5 (1.7.541/1.7.1018) and that is why it is not public yet. Depending on your feedback and the number of people that upgrade to the latest firmware version it will be out soon.

You will have to go to Apps → Develop Apps → Luup files and upload the attached files. “Restart Luup after upload” needs to be checked.

@Ispep you can get that delay using a http request like this: http://VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=0&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&Variable=mode_change_delay[/quote]

Hello, I noticed something strange in D_Housemode.json : what is the variable “Message” that you display ? I do not have such a variable in my Housemode plugin

{ "ControlType": "variable", "ControlGroup": "1", "top": "0", "left": "0", "Display": { "Service": "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HouseModes1", "Variable": "Message", "Top": 10, "Left": 50, "Width": 75, "Height": 20 } },

@Ispep you can get that delay using a http request like this: http://VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=0&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&Variable=mode_change_delay[/quote]

Hi:

You know when we ?, the update does not work even with the files of the previous message.

thanks

Hi,

I would like to test the plugin but before to do that , what i will get that is not in the UI “My mode” ?

[quote=“gerardosamara, post:13, topic:183306”]I would like to test the plugin but before to do that , what i will get that is not une the UI “My mode” ?[/quote]The ability to trigger based on scene changes. For examply my Squeezeboxes are all turned off based on the change of a scene to another (aren’t included in the dashboard).

Jaap

Hi, when I run this plugin, I get this error:

01 10/14/15 5:33:09.861 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 17 function HouseModesStartup failed [string “module(“L_HouseModes”, package.seeall)
”]:65: attempt to concatenate local ‘dash_mode’ (a nil value) <0x2bce2680>
01 10/14/15 5:33:09.862 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 17 I_HouseModes.xml failed <0x2bce2680>

You will have to go to Apps → Develop Apps → Luup files and upload the attached files. “Restart Luup after upload” needs to be checked.[/quote]

@mcv.steve

My need is to execute Lua code when the UI house mode change.

After uploaded the 4 files of the plugin ,I have created a test scene as follow in UI7.0.11 :

• Device trigger = House mode changed to HOME
  • Device action = Smart switch to OFF
  • Scene run in mode = Night or Away

When I change the house mode in the UI from Away to Home , the scene does not run .

Please can you tell if is this working on your side ?

You need to wait for a while 
 there is a POLLING loop in the plugin that checks for the changes.

Thanks Richard , but I waited a long time and no scene execution .
How long is this polling phase?

@mcv.steve ,

As requested by you, you got 3 negative feedacks ( @nicripsia , @davidvd and @gerardosamara ) .
There are no positive feedback in the thread s I assume that the plugin is not working .

So please whats next ?

Hi gerardosamara,

There is no need to manually install the plugin with files provided by Steve, it is now available in apps. It can be installed from Vera’s UI, Apps/Install Apps menu. To be sure you have the latest version please uninstall the plugin you have and re-install it from the menu mentioned above.

Now regarding your question :

My need is to execute Lua code when the UI house mode change.

After uploaded the 4 files of the plugin ,I have created a test scene as follow in UI7.0.11 :

• Device trigger = House mode changed to HOME
  • Device action = Smart switch to OFF
  • Scene run in mode = Night or Away

When I change the house mode in the UI from Away to Home , the scene does not run .

Please can you tell if is this working on your side ?

You selected as a trigger : House mode changed to HOME. This means that house mode first changes to “Home” and after that the trigger is generated. You also selected to tun the scene in “Night” or “Away” mode. Taking this in consideration I can say that your scene will never run. You should change your scene logic.

All the Bests,

• Andrei -