How do I use a Nodan Remote as a PLEG event trigger

When selecting a Nodan Remote as a PLEG event trigger I’m not sure how to define it through the PLEG interface.

It provides the option for triggering when battery is low or from a scene. If I select scene it asks how many button presses, plus there’s a field that is undefined. What goes in this field?

The Nodan has four buttons so is this field to define the button number? If so whats thw syntax. I have tried a simple number from 1 to 4 and I have tried a # but it doesnt work. When i try these i get the following pop up “Trigger Description error: TypeError: tObj.args[argIndex] is undefined”

The Octan is currently set in “Central Scene Mode”

Any advice much appreciated.

Can anyone help me with this one please

Sorry I do not have that device.
Is that a scene controller ?
Does it work as a trigger in a Scene ?
When you go to the advanced tab for the device …
What are the values for the following fields:
device_type
device_file
impl_file

Hi Richard

Thank you for responding.

This is the device
http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-nodon-octan-remote
http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/dl/file/id/710/product/1683/z_wave_nodon_octan_remote_user_guide.pdf

It is a trigger to run scenes. It has four buttons and each button can be single or double click.

device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:SceneController:1
device_file: D_SceneController1.xml
impl_file: this field is empty

Many thanks again

Scene controllers may behave differently in Vera.
I suggest you create a Scene for each button.
The scene can change a virtual switch, or device variable (using LUA) and PLEG can respond to it.

Ah, ok. Thank you.

Can PLEG respond to a Vera scene being activated?

Many thanks

No. Vera does not have a hook for that.
But as I said, it can react to side effects of the scene being run.

An example is using as virtual switch that is turned on or off when a scene activates. Then PLEG can use the virtual switch trigger to do something.

Which virtual switch do you recommend.

Also, is it possible to set a variable in the Vera scene using LUA which can then be used by PLEG. If so how do I go about doing that.

Thank you.

You use:
luup.variable_set(StringServiceIDToUse, StringVariableName, StringValue, NumericDeviceIDToAttachVariableTo)

A Variable is uniquely defined in Vera by the combination of the 3 arguments (minus the StringValue)

Thank you so much Richard

Would it be possible for you to show an example so I can see how the syntax works.

I hope that’s ok

Many thanks

Just search the forums … you will find lots of examples.