How to log in locally

Whenever I need to log into the Vera Plus, it sends me to the coloud. I’m going to remove Internet access entirely from the network where the Vera is installed, so I’m wondering how to log in locally. I couldn’t find any instructions so far!

Thanks
Chris

Have you unchecked or turned off “Secure My Vera”? If it’s turned in it requires cloud checkin to check your credentials. Once turned off anyone on your network can access vera without a user and password, but the cloud wont be needed.

It is already off. That’s why I’m surprised!

Hello,

CASE #328493 is now open on our support desk, could you update it?

Thank you!

[quote=“chris2000, post:1, topic:199711”]Whenever I need to log into the Vera Plus, it sends me to the coloud. I’m going to remove Internet access entirely from the network where the Vera is installed, so I’m wondering how to log in locally. I couldn’t find any instructions so far!

Thanks
Chris[/quote]

Perhaps there’s some confusion with terminology here? Can you type the Vera’s IP address into a browser and reach Vera? This should always work and no login credentials are required. If you try to do something that requires cloud access (alerts, device logs, backup, user changes, etc.) then it will redirect you to the cloud login screen as these are not local functions. You also don’t want to remove internet access from Vera as it gets the time of day from internet NTP servers. Any scenes you have that are schedule-based won’t run correctly. And yes, in theory Vera doesn’t require the internet to work…

That’s it. The cloud log in happens when I’m trying to see the alerts. I had no idea they were on the cloud… If I add the USB stick, will everything be stored locally?

As for the NTP, I’m planning to use the instructions of this post.

Thanks!
Chris

[quote=“chris2000, post:6, topic:199711”]That’s it. The cloud log in happens when I’m trying to see the alerts. I had no idea they were on the cloud… If I add the USB stick, will everything be stored locally?

As for the NTP, I’m planning to use the instructions of this post.

Thanks!
Chris[/quote]
I would suggest reading this entire thread before doing anything. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,83627.0.html Rafale77 has done an amazing amount of work on taking Vera off-line and has written everything up in great detail. I switched to my own NTP server a year ago with no issues. If Vera does a release with a new version of the OpenWRT OS, the config file will probably get overwritten.

I followed rafale77’s extroot instructions and now have 115 GB in my root filesystem on an SSD and a 512 MB partition for logging. If you want to view or delete alerts, Vera still takes you to the login screen. I see that support has opened a ticket for you. They’ll be able to help.

Just FYI, there’s hardcoded path in the test/calculation for the maximum log file size in Vera’s script that handles log rotation. This causes the max log file size to always be computed based on the /tmp volume, rather than whatever volume is actually configured to store the logs (usually mounted at /tmp/log/cmh), so although you have 512M available for logs, it does not appear that an individual log would come close, and the total size of all logs would be only 10x that by default. My Plus has a 62M /tmp volume, so, for example, the maximum size of all log files would be 10 * (15% * 62M) = 93M, regardless of the size of my external log partition.

A fix for this would be to mount your log partition at /tmp instead of /tmp/log/cmh, a simple change to the fstab in the same way as rafale77’s other work in his script. I’ll mention this in that thread.