I am sorry, there was an error and I am not able to controll your home device

You can exclude Veras (at least from the cloud perspective) from the public cloud home page.

But the local Vera concierge will still try to talk to them if they are attached to an account.
You can always move those over to a different Vera account … Or create a Vera Account that only has access to the Veras you want Vera Concierge to work with, and then configure Vera Concierge to use that account.

When I see:
VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:https://vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com/relay/relay/relay/device/45005839/port_3480/data_request?

In the log files … this means that Vera Concierge is having a hard time talking to your Vera … possibly because of reboots and/or startup issues. It is actually talking to your Vera through the Remote Access servers, when it should be available on the LAN.
That’s because it timed out on the LAN, and when it finally tried the Remote access server, your Vera started up … so it used that.

You should investigate why/when the Local Concierge Server switches to use the remote access gateway. This indicates some local problem.

Thanks for the ideas.

Some status: I’ve been running for 8 hours now without issue using a Windows laptop as Concierge server… I’ll try some of the ideas later, thanks!

Regarding the Rasp PI 3, I’m running wired (not WiFi). I’m beginning to think the main problem is the Rasp PI 3… maybe the performance can’t handle it? Or there are timers/timeouts that the PI is too slow to make?

Even running Concierge on the windows laptop, it wants to talk to the main Vera using the servers instead of local. And local works every time, rock solid. I’m guessing it has something to do with the fact that the local password is different… I had them the same at one point, but then my Vera account got permanently locked out, and Vera support cloned my account to a new account (with a 1 at the end), so now I’m running on that one. I’ll probably try to change my account name to be my email, and get everything syncronized… maybe then Concierge will talk to my local server. Oddly though, it talks to the other two local servers (the two slaves i don’t care about) just fine, and their local account name is still the old locked out one.

Thanks again,

Kirby

@kirbyb. I hear you on the windows dedication issue. I have had good luck with a Zotac mini pc. Just in case you feel the need to stick to the windows platform.

Did you set the secure my vera option in vera network setup? That will prevent a local connection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FIXED!

The problem seemed to primarily be related to a file on my Vera: /etc/lighttpd.users that had ‘local’ login/password info. Even though this contained the same ‘cloud’ login data (userid/password), it seemingly goofed up the Concierge program, which expected NO login for a local connection. So after conferring with Vera support, we deleted this file, and now Concierge correctly connects with the local Vera instead of the cloud interface.

I then crippled with Windows installation, and re-installed the Raspberry PI installation, and its working!

Thanks for the hints/suggestions/responses.

Kirby

Sorry are you saying if we password protect the VS website then it forces VS to use the relay instead of local?

I don’t want the VC website to be hit publicly and expose my vera user/password.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:24, topic:198426”]Did you set the secure my vera option in vera network setup? That will prevent a local connection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk[/quote]

@kirbyb is everything still working? I am having similar symptoms you described but never had an issue with my user account.

I can sometimes get the Google Home integration to work by checking the connectivity or forcing a discovery but then it will stop randomly after a couple of hours or days. I am also running on a Pi but connectivity tests are all working.

Here is the log from the local server configuration

21-Apr-2018 11:08:54 V:ConciergeServer:newChromeCastDiscovered:Basement
21-Apr-2018 11:08:54 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:08:57 I:SmartHome:Execute:Request:{"ids":["serialNum-Switch-350","serialNum-Switch-349"],"actions":[{"command":"action.devices.commands.OnOff","params":{"on":true}}]}
21-Apr-2018 11:08:57 E:SmartHome:DevceAction
Exception:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.SmartHome.DevceAction(SmartHome.java:299)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.SmartHome.Execute(SmartHome.java:271)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.LegalCmd(CSWebContainer.java:123)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.handle(CSWebContainer.java:46)
	at org.simpleframework.http.socket.service.RouterContainer.handle(RouterContainer.java:106)
	at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.dispatch(RequestDispatcher.java:121)
	at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.run(RequestDispatcher.java:103)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.vera.Base.Send(Base.java:60)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.vera.Switch.SwitchCmd(Switch.java:19)
	... 14 more

21-Apr-2018 11:08:57 E:SmartHome:DevceAction
Exception:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.SmartHome.DevceAction(SmartHome.java:299)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.SmartHome.Execute(SmartHome.java:271)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.LegalCmd(CSWebContainer.java:123)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.handle(CSWebContainer.java:46)
	at org.simpleframework.http.socket.service.RouterContainer.handle(RouterContainer.java:106)
	at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.dispatch(RequestDispatcher.java:121)
	at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.run(RequestDispatcher.java:103)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.vera.Base.Send(Base.java:60)
	at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.vera.Switch.SwitchCmd(Switch.java:19)
	... 14 more

21-Apr-2018 11:08:57 I:SmartHome:Execute:Result:[{"ids":["serialNum-Switch-350","serialNum-Switch-349"],"status":"ERROR"}]
21-Apr-2018 11:08:57 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/SHExecute?Serial=xxxxxx&Data=randomcharactershere
21-Apr-2018 11:08:59 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:04 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:09 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:14 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:15 V:CSWebContainer:Config Cmd:/Query?Discovered=
21-Apr-2018 11:09:16 V:ConciergeServer:newChromeCastDiscovered:Basement speaker
21-Apr-2018 11:09:16 V:ConciergeServer:newChromeCastDiscovered:Family Room Home
21-Apr-2018 11:09:16 V:ConciergeServer:newChromeCastDiscovered:Main Floor
21-Apr-2018 11:09:16 V:ConciergeServer:newChromeCastDiscovered:Basement
21-Apr-2018 11:09:19 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:24 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:29 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:34 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:39 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:44 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:45 V:CSWebContainer:Config Cmd:/Query?Discovered=
21-Apr-2018 11:09:49 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:54 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:09:59 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:10:04 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:10:09 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:10:14 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:10:15 V:CSWebContainer:Config Cmd:/Query?Discovered=
21-Apr-2018 11:10:19 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
21-Apr-2018 11:10:24 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?