Info Viewer plugin - Log Viewer updated

An “Info Viewer” plugin to try out - this is basically an enhancement to the “Log Viewer” plugin. One of the links (see below) links to the Z-Wave information web page, which resurrects the Z-Wave routing matrix and associated information initiated by Ap15e - see the link “Vera Z-Wave”.

It duplicates all the functionality of the Log Viewer plugin but also includes:

A links page that links to:

[ul][li]The original Log Viewer - http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13246.0.html[/li]
[li]The internal Vera Status and Devices pages[/li]
[li]Third party validators[/li]
[li]Third party Lua info[/li]
[li]Vera development information[/li]
[li]A link to the wonderful dataMine if installed.[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.51 - a-lurker
This plugin has been tested using the Vera U15 interface and Firefox 17.0.1 only.

Installation for U15:
Go to U15–>APPS–>Develop Apps–>Luup files and upload the five files.
Select the “Create device” button on the same page. Enter ‘D_InfoViewer1.xml’ into the ‘Upnp Device Filename’ entry box and select the ‘Create device’ button immediately below. Do a few reloads !!

According to @Futzle: There is a bug in Internet Explorer which makes uploading plugin files go to the wrong path. So be warned.

Notes:
I won’t be adding in the old Google Z-Wave network visualisations, as the charting method have been deprecated by Google. If Google adds them into their newer Chart API, I’ll have a rethink then. In the interim , if someone can figure out if the underlying package can be put to use - then that would be good:

http://www.graphviz.org/ 17

Ver 0.52 - a-lurker

[ul][li]Fixed a slight problem with the Z-Wave neighborhood grid, which was completely wrong.[/li]
[li]Added links for each device, so you can see what its capabilities are, in a somewhat more human readable form. Refer to the links at the bottom of the ‘Vera Z-Wave’ page.[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.53 - a-lurker - downloaded 232 times

[ul][li]Fixed a problem resulting from a MIOS bug.[/li][/ul]

If you have the previous version already installed, you only need to update the file ‘L_InfoViewer1.lua’

Ver 0.54 - gengen - downloaded 47 times

[ul][li]Correctly interprets the ANSI colors embedded in the original log. I’d forgotten about these escape sequences - it’s been nearly forty years since they were first introduced and they’re still going![/li]
[li]Extra link to documentation.[/li][/ul]

If you have the previous version already installed, you only need to update the file ‘L_InfoViewer1.lua’

Ver 0.55 - gengen - downloaded 37 times

[ul][li]Fixes an Internet Explorer incompatibility.[/li]
[li]The string ‘<0x…>’ at the end of each LuaUPnP.log line is now hidden - black on black.[/li]
[li]More useful links.[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.56 - gengen - downloaded 112 times

[ul][li]Vera logs can now be viewed remotely.[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.57 (reports as 0.56) - gengen - downloaded 111 times

[ul][li]Inserts gaps into log. The gaps represent the idle time between logged data.[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.58 - gengen - downloaded 12 times

[ul][li]Z-Wave communication is now decoded as much as possible, given what’s known in the Public domain: see OpenZWave. Verbose logging needs to be enabled for this feature to work. Note that Verbose logging without logging to USB, is not recommended for ongoing operation.[/li]
[li]Pattern functionality broken in 0.57 now fixed.[/li]
[li]Displays data only for the master unit - previously there was confusion, if slaves were present.[/li][/ul]

If you have any previous version already installed, you only need to:

[ul][li]update the file ‘L_InfoViewer1.lua’[/li]
[li]add the file “J_ZShark.js”[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.59 - gengen - downloaded 120 times

[ul][li]This version has been tested with the latest UI6 beta: 1.6.641 as well as the production 1.5.622 More detail here: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13477.msg164906.html#msg164906]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13477.msg164906.html#msg164906[/url][/li][/ul]

[li]add or update the file ‘J_ZShark.js’ (not required in Ver 0.61)[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.60 - gengen - downloaded 23 times

[ul][li]ZShark has gotten a few new teeth and they are in different colors. A few more command classes and functions are now fully interpreted. The line diagrams are now created using Unicode box drawing characters and adjacent lines are in different, contrasting colors making them much easier to follow.[/li]
[li]More importantly, ZShark now knows how to interpret AES-encrypted security messages, such as those used to communicate with Z-Wave enabled locks.[/li]
[li]Fix device name apostrophe bug[/li][/ul]

[li]update the file ‘J_ZShark.js’ (not required in Ver 0.61)[/li]
[li]add J_AES.js (not required in Ver 0.61)[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.61 - see page 6 - gengen - downloaded 552 times

[ul][li]Fix the remote access bug[/li][/ul]

If you have any previous version already installed, you need to:

[ul][li]update the file ‘L_InfoViewer1.lua’[/li][/ul]

Additionally remove these files if you have previously installed version 0.59 and 0.60. They are now incorporated into the Lua file.

[ul][li]J_ZShark.js[/li]
[li]J_AES.js[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.62 or 0.63 were not published

Ver 0.64 was buggy and removed - see page 9

Ver 0.65 - see page 9 - gengen - downloaded 145 times

[ul][li]Uses an internal JSON parser, as UI5 could not be relied on to have one already installed. UI7 comes with one as standard.[/li][/ul]

If you have any previous version already installed, you just need to:

Additionally remove these files if you have previously installed version 0.59 and 0.60. They are now incorporated into the Lua file.

[ul][li]J_ZShark.js[/li]
[li]J_AES.js[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.66 was not published

Ver 0.67 - see page 11 - gengen - downloaded 79 times

[ul][li]Improved LuaUPnP logging.[/li]
[li]Improved ZShark Z-Wave protocol interpreter.[/li]
[li]Remove Luci link from the main Info Viewer page on platforms that don’t support it.[/li][/ul]

If you have any previous version already installed, you just need to:

[ul][li]J_ZShark.js[/li]
[li]J_AES.js[/li][/ul]

Ver 0.68 - see page 12 - a-lurker

[ul][li]Added device logo[/li]
[li]Minor fixes and additions[/li]
[li]Reorder code[/li][/ul]

This code is on GitHub here:

You can install the plugin from the ‘Alternate App Store’, which works together with ‘ALTUI’:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38102.0.html
Delete any existing ‘Infoviewer’ device before installing from the ‘Alternate App Store’.

Note that ‘ALTUI’ is highly recommended to all users and implements many of the functions found in the ‘InfoViewer’ plugin.

Capabilities report:

Hi,

I have just installed the plugin but when I select “Vera Z-Wave” from the Info Viewer ver: 0.52 web page I get “Handler failed”.

the url is: ip_address_veralite/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_al_info&fnc=getzwinfo.

Any idea?

Thanks

@a-lurker,

I just downloaded and installed Info Viewer. This a really useful plugin. Many thanks for making it available.

Your installation instructions are spot-on - especially the part about doing a few reloads.

@Stephan,

If you haven’t already done so, reload the UI (Reload button at top right of the window) two or three times waiting a minute or two between and also reload/refresh your brower page.

RexBeckett Hope the viewer has been of some use.

@Stephan The MIOS code is laced with nil values and empty strings lying in wait for the intrepid programmer. Please use the log viewing section to provide the line number - it should look something like this in red:

01 02/14/13 6:53:39.770 ctrl_chr[31;1mLuaInterface::CallFunction_Request function requestMain name al_info failed [string “-- Al Info Viewer…”]:123: attempt to concatenate local ‘t1’ (a nil value)ctrl_chr[0m <0x2ff08680>

Hello,

I get the same result as Stephen even after reloading several times. Also refreshing the page and even rebooting my Vera. My log shows…

01 02/16/13 10:35:27.145 ctrl_chr[31;1mLuaInterface::CallFunction_Request function requestMain name al_info failed [string “-- Al Info Viewer…”]:864: bad argument #1 to ‘tostring’ (value expected)ctrl_chr[0m LEAK this:-442368 start:2617344 to 0x1646000 <0x2fb01680>
02 02/16/13 10:35:27.145 ctrl_chr[33;1mJobHandler_LuaUPnP::REQ_Handler handler failure for lr_al_infoctrl_chr[0m <0x2fb01680>

ANy ideas?

Hello Bucko

Thanks for the log report - it’s hard to proceed without them and I think I now have this sorted. Please try ver 0.53 attached above. If it works OK, please have a look at all the values under the first heading “Z-Wave interface” and let me know if any of them are reported as nil.

@ a-lurker

Cool man. I think you got it nailed. Seems to be working fine now.

This is a really useful plug in.

Thank you

@a-lurker,

thank’s for fixing this :slight_smile:

Stephan

Hi @a-lurker

Interesting stuff

Is there any reason why this plugin cannot go on the App Store ?
Perhaps a better question is - do you have any plans to release it there ?

App store - I figured if you were into log files you would probably be a forum member!! So I thought I would save myself the effort of coming to grips with the plugin publishing set up, which according to what I read, needs a bit of rework.

[quote=“a-lurker, post:1, topic:174138”]Installation for U15:
Go to U15–>APPS–>Develop Apps–>Luup files and upload the five files.[/quote]

Which five files? There are appear to be many more than five files there now.

Here was an update (0.54) to a_lurker’s info viewer plug-in which combines the best parts of his log file viewer with those of

http://vera_id/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

The new version correctly interprets the ANSI colors embedded in the original log. Gone are all of the annoying “ctrl_char” escapes.

I also threw in one more link into the luup documentation.

Cheers!

I just tried your update. Log viewer returns the error; Info Viewer ajax error - server status is: 200

All the other items are working.

I just tried your update. Log viewer returns the error; Info Viewer ajax error - server status is: 200

This looks like a browser-specific problem with MS Internet Explorer. It works with Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome. This same problem is in the previous version as well. I’m looking into it. For now, use a different browser.

@gengen,

It’s working great for me (Chrome). Thank you for the update! The control codes were really annoying me.

@gengen thnx ! this is really usefull

edit: dont waste time on the IE9/IE10+AJAX it lacks implementation on the IE part.

Did some reloads and now it’s working fine.

Thanks a lot. VERY useful plug in you did!

Here was version 0.55 of the Info Viewer plug-in.

This version fixes the Internet Explorer incompatibility. It also fixes problems if the log contains embedded HTML and also hides (with black on black text) the <0x…> at the end of each LuaUPnP.log line. I also added a few more info links.

The Internet explorer fix took some sleuthing but I finally tracked it down to an invalid “content_type:” HTTP header due to a missing return parameter from the up-call passed to the luup.register_hander function. Although other browsers were correctly guessing that the returned data was XML, IE did not. I updated the “Luup Lua Extensions” wiki page for luup.register_handler to document the second return parameter.

IE sucks a lot for some webrelated stuff, on the other hand its the only one to support TLS1.2 specs. really great job that you fixed this. that is most briljant. and thanx for the work you put into this. very usefull this plugin.